• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Vulcano Island

Started by klaascornelis, June 15, 2008, 07:11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

klaascornelis

Hello everyone,

Reading md's on this community has inspired me to start my own Major diary.
I would like to start to pay my gratitude to all those people ho help to maintain this beautiful site and to the people ho made the lex to what it is today.  :thumbsup:
Without them SC4 was already erased from all computers, including mine  :P

My Md will tell the story about a imaginary multinational ho just bought an Island to exploit it.

Pictures and updates will come soon (probably today)

Greetings
KC

klaascornelis

UPDATE 1 The island

Lets start off with the map i have chosen for this project.
I didn't make it myself because I'm disastrous when it comes to terraforming.
I downloaded from the Lex its from Blade2K5 and its called Erewhon Isles many thanks go to hem.
I renamed it to volcano Island because off the still very active volcano on the island, That turn the challenge up a bit  ;)

Picture 1: Island overview.

Picture 2:volcano.

As you can see on the pictures I'm starting from scratch here, I still have trees to plant an some microterraforming to do, this will be done in following updates

This concludes the first update
The next update will follow soon.

Greetings
KC

CasperVg

Ooh nice map! Waiting to see how you develop it!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

Alfred.Jones

That is a very nice looking map!! I love the volcano

Look forward to more ;)

Sim City 4 Devotion

rhythmandjays

Beautiful region and excellent topography map...I am looking forward to this  ;D

klaascornelis

Update 2

Second update today.
In Order to begin the exploitation of the island, Imaginary Multinational has to deploy some basics on the island

So they start to make a little harbor at a town they named founder city.
Along with the harbor came the ability to transport construction materials, So they could start building there dreamworld.
They started off with some lumber mills to cut the woods in order to make room for accommodation.
To get the workforce on the island there was a ferry build, all tough the ferryride was 2hrs the multinational payed well so soon the first workers are arriving.

Picture 3: Harbor

A hotel was build to give the fancy suits of the company a place to stay.

picture 4: The Wagner hotel alongside with a small lumber storage.

Everything was going well so the I.M. decided to start the export of the first product; lumber. To speed up the process they had a big log processing site build.
And to provide the suits with the comfort of time a small airport was build so they didn't need to take a 2hr trip to get to the mainland

Picture 5: Log processing factory

Picture 6: airport

To conclude this update an overview of founder city

Picture 7: overview

Comments

rhythmandjays, Alfred.Jones and caspervg thanks for the comments, welcome to my MD i hope you like the little development i have until now, don't be afraid to comment bad stuff it it's my first time and i would like to learn something from it.

Greetings
KC

klaascornelis

Update 3

An other day a new update.

Yesterday I ended with the construction of an airport. Due this airport the power requirements on the island went up. The construction of a new windmill in the maintains did go terrible the foundations of this mill collapsed totally.  It seems that is was build upon some caves. After taken a closer look at the caves I.M. found a second resource on the island, the hills where stuffed with coal. Soon a coal mine was developed, and a coal transport infrastructure with it. This uses a lot of energy and since there still isennt a new windmill a caol powerplant was also build.

Picture 8: Coal mine

Picture 9: Coal harbor

I.M. had now plenty of workers on the island so they decided to build a church and zoned some residential areas around it so the workers could come and live on the island.

Picture 10: Zones

The work people saw there change and soon the first inhabitants are arriving. Even a small commercial center is starting to develop around the Hotel.

Picture 11: Residential development

Picture 12: Commercial development

Whit people living in founder city There is an need of a Town leader. Well it least people would think there is some kind of a major but in fact hes a puppet of the multinational

Picture 13: multinational puppet residence

Thats it for now, comments are desperately welcome  :P

CasperVg

I can't see the pictures from update 2, but update 3 looks really good. Can't wait to see more
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

klaascornelis

Quote from: caspervg on June 16, 2008, 04:28:55 AM
I can't see the pictures from update 2, but update 3 looks really good. Can't wait to see more

Sorry my bad i reorganized my photobucket recently, should be fixed now.
Thanks for commenting casper. Due the lack of time this is it for today, more tomorrow

Greetings
KC

Alfred.Jones

Very nice updates KC ;)

I really like the harbor showcasing the new functional seaports :thumbsup: And the coal harbor is looking good too. I like how they're not too big but not too small ()stsfd()

Looking forward to more

AJ :)

Sim City 4 Devotion

rooker1

klaascornelis,
You seem to be off to a great start.  Main reason, is that you are using the same map as I am right now.  It will be very interesting to see waht you do with it.
I really like everything I see so far, my only suggestion would be to look for a side walk modd.  It will help the change or get rid of those different colour sidewalks (which I hate so much, just my opinion).
I wait for your next update,
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

jjune4991

very nice start. straight from nothing, into a great md. well, i like the little founder city. and the puppet mayor. i wonder who the corrupt puppet masters are...
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

klaascornelis

Comments

@ AJ: I'm a very big fan of building harbors, I'm always kinda bombed when they are finished. And also very curious about the result of the functional seaports but i will have to wait after the development of industries to really see what these baby's can do.

@ Rooker: I'm using the jeroni street side mod. But i don't really know if that kicks in on roads. If you knows or if you have something you recommend please let me know and i will check it out for sure. BTW i stumbled upon your MD And other than the great topography (afcourse  :P) its also very beautifully and realistic developed.

@Jjune: Well I kinda already have a storyline in mind but you'll have to wait and see  :P

Thanks everyone for the comments, and be sure to check in later for more updates.

Greetings
KC

gobo77

The pictures and the region are very good!

But I think the church and the beach are to big...
Sorry for my bad english....

rhythmandjays

Interesting update. I like how coal was discovered due to an accident. The harbor is beautiful and the airport is nice and unique, one I haven't seen yet  ;D Keep up the good work

klaascornelis

Update 4

As promised a new update today, although its a small one.

As the village population grows the people are getting pretty tired of eating food out of cans.
There was a need of fresh food. The company noticed that and had a fish harbor build to provide the people with fresh fish.

Picture 14: Fish mine

Fish only isn't enough of course so a few farmers where let to do some farming in founder city. in order to have some fertile grounds the farmers burned down pieces of woods and started to work the field.

Picture 15: burning woods

Picture 16: Farms in founder city

Now i realized that i didn't showed where on the Island founder city is situated.
Founder city is on the most north-western corner of the Island

Picture 17: situation

And a new overview of founder city.

Picture 18: Overview

The town as starting to grow well don't you think.
Now as I said before this Island is owned by a multinational. And if you read between the lines you see here and there subtle comments on society like the corrupt major and burning of the woods and stuff.
This actually is my intention, you will see more of that in following updates.

As you will also see more pitures  :P

Comments

@ Gobe: welcome and thx for the comments. The church and beach are a bit big indeed but thay are calculated on the upcoming growth of the city  ::)

@RhythmandJays: Thx for comment nbr 2, glade to keep you interested  :P. The airport is include in the new functional airports set Btw. This on is the old version though. When i find the time to install the functional one it will be replaced.

Thats it again.
be sure to check in later for updates

Greetings,
KC

rooker1

klaascornelis,
Another fantastic update.  You say you are using Jeroni's street side mod.  Well in there you can pick the side walk you want.  I have choosen low wealth (the greyish one), amongst other great chioces.
Just to be sure though,  is this the one you are using?
Keep the great updates coming.
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Alfred.Jones

Very nice update KC :thumbsup: I really like the story behind it. Makes it much more interesting.

I really like how you included some containers near the fishing port. Little things like that make it more realistic.

The overview of the island is also good. I very much like the timber mill situated above the harbour. That is a very special BAT to me because it was made by one of my good friends.

Excellent work.

AJ :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

klaascornelis

Comments

@ Rooker: No This is the one I'm using. Now you confused me again  &Thk/( You think it cant hurt to use both, and i like to throw in the sam street side mod to.

@ AJ: That bat is so beautiful that the fact thats its not functional is so relative  :P

gobo77

The pictures are very good!

But can you post the picture in .jpg?
Sorry for my bad english....