• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Nova Vesfalo

Started by nova vesfalo, February 19, 2007, 09:32:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pipishere

Another great update. Cute map too  :)

petercintn

Hey, very nice MD.  I gave you 5 stars, can't believe nobody did it yet.  Wish I could give you more.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

nova vesfalo

-M- , Vi is the polite form for the 2nd singular pronoum, Ci is the less formal one , like tu and vous in french or Du and Sie in German.

NikNik, yep I have so no job in the city, well they don't want to work in the CDB , damn sims !!

bat,Adriano57,urban,pipishere ,petercintn, thanks a lot, I will try to continue :)

Let's conitnue with the rest of the Imperia Aleo :

you can see the Savari's Bridge , Savari is one the most famous Vesfalian navigator, with Noranzo and Montego, at the boston, tne art deco building is the house of the National Bank.

A night view of the Imperia Aleo Station of the Waterbus

The Imeperia Kapitolo hosts both the Imperia Senato ( senate ) and the Imperia Kongreso, like the US capitol, it is located at the end of the Imperia Aleo.

The Vesfala Monumento has been built to celebrate the royal family, it's the only precence of the royal family in the capital, since the deparature of the royal family in 1870 after the " Libereco Jahro", a revolution that created a constitutional monarchy.

The Nacia Museo is the former Imperial Castle in Nova Vesfalo, by the way the Royal Family never lived that much in Nova Vesfalo, the Empror prefered the castles of Piotro and Giorgo Urbo. Since 1870, the building hosts the national museum

a global view of the Imperia Aleo.
At the left you can see a part of Victoria Distriko, the CBD of the city, at the right the bourough of Montego

M4346

LOL! My tutor said "ci" isn't used that often, I knew there was a distinction like in German, but I thought that "vi" was the more informal one. :P

Great update, yet again, and more reason for me to vocally support your MD here, and over at the SCJU. ;)

I love how you've used the Finnish Parliament Buildings, the Athens Library, and even the Washington Monument! Excellent work! ;)

Nova Vesfalo is truly a stunning MD!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Air6

WOW the last picture is very impresive. Great update.

bat

wonderful update (!), great development of high-rise buildings! :thumbsup:

Antoine

Great updtae !!!! I love where did you take the Chrysler building ;)

sebes

Great MD! Your downtown area is very cool. I love the way how you have the parks and river banks layed in your city :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

pipishere

A lovely update! The last overview pic is my favourite. Stunning work :)

emilin

Lovely pictures. :thumbsup:

But you really should get rid of the udriveit signs. They disturb what is otherwise an excellent showcase.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

petercintn

Nice update. It does remind me of Washington, D.C. a little bit.
Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

kwakelaar

Some nice shots from your Captiol City. Mostly I am not so found of these huge numbers of tall buildings, but the way you have combined them with large open areas it works very well. &apls

sc4portugal

Very interesting
great work  :thumbsup:
lol (sorry i can't think of anythig else lol)
LOLOLOLOL

dedgren

That's a wonderful formal mall.  Not every large city needs one, but you've carried this one off particularly well.

I'll add my voice to the "No U-Drive-It" chorus.  They don't add anything, and an unfortunately placed one can spoil a great pic.

I missed commenting in this MD when it started a week or so ago.  You have a really nice start- made me realize I need to get on that 3RR flag that I've got lying around unfinished somewhere.  The map info is a nice addition as well.

Good luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

nova vesfalo

Thanks for all the replies,

-M- well I've always use "Ci" for less formal conversation, but if your tutor afirms it, you should be right :)
Air6 : merci :)
bat : thanks a lot, it's not as high rise as It could be :) but high enough for the mall
Antoine: thanks a lot, but I have to admit that I've place the Chrysler building here because nothing wanted to grow ^^
sebes : thanks a lot ! :)
pipishere: thanks a lot :) happy you like the global picture :)
emilin: thanks , I will change the option setting :)
petercintn: It's normal, here a little quote from the History of Nova Vesfalo :
Quote from:  History of Nova VesfaloAnna Vesfalo commisioned Nicolas Barev, a russian architect to design the map of the new capital. Barev's project is clearly insperated by L'enfant's map of Washington DC.
kwakelaar : wow , thanks :) , I think you will don't like Vicotiria Distriko, the CBD of Nova Vesfalo :(
sc4portugal: thanks :)
dedgren: thanks a lot, I really apprecient your comment ! For the Udrive it, It will delete them from the new pictures :)

urban

wow, this is a great city you created...especially the parks :)

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Rayden

Well, this is going very well. I love it &apls :thumbsup: Can't wait to see some more of it ;)

thundercrack83

Just caught up with all the updates here and now I'm ready to continue following this great city! Excellent job! I can't wait to see some more!

nova vesfalo

Thanks a lot :) I'm really impressed  :-[ , so let's go on !

Today let's see Tokieto (litt little tokyo in esperanto, it's the asiatic district of the city, you will have more info on a future update :) )

the district is deserved by the Monorail, Ligno 1 (Petit Quebec-Tokieto) and the el-train, Ligno B ( Parlemento - Tokyo Domo, soon extended)

Tokieto hosts a really living night live, with restaurants, 24/24 stores,... The district like Petit Quebec is being gentrifated, an association Savu ! want to protect the identity of the two districts :

Sakura the famous japanese department store has opened is unique north american flagship in Nova Vesfalo !

The Sumo Stadium in the Ryuku-kun square, you can see Ligno B, station "Ryu-kun"

alternative view

This month has opened the Tokyo Domo, the biggest stadium and concert hall of the country. Its construction was highly controversial, causing the destruction of a lot of old buildings... and the site is just next to imperial graveyards ..... The association Savu ! has made a tons of protests to stop the project ...

a global view of the Tokyo Dome Field.

The busiest crossing of the district, the Vesfalians call it " Shibuieto" ^^

Antoine

Yeah ! I have waited this update and I have now !!!! Youpiiiiiii  :-\