• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

choco's attempts at BATing bridges

Started by choco, June 03, 2008, 09:18:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meastro444

Friend of the Certified Drama Queen :)

Une_ame

babuloziwad / adj Above perfection in SC4; Dude, this MOD is ~ !

Girafe

Amazing  Choco !!! &apls &apls &apls

It's a awesome begining thanks for batting this famous bridge  :thumbsup:
The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

choco

thank you for the kinda words all

another little trial ive been working on, despite having little time to really BAT....this is a rough model of the old Awatere River bridge constructed in 1902.

lots more to do, never enough time!  :D

buddybud

that is awesome choco...nice job for a rough job!

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.

vester

k808j

Your creations look so great we  ()borg() won't assimilate you. We enjoy your individual creative thinking.  ;)

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

noahclem

Phenomenal bridge!!  &apls  And you won't even have to worry about the tram automata running over traffic on this one ;)

I know this is a rough draft but I would suggest thinner pylons, more in line with those shown in the link you posted--though it seems that people on this site prefer thicker pylons in general. Can't wait to have a chance to try these!

Fresh Prince of SC4D

Returning from Call of Duty . Must rebuilt what I destroyed....

joelyboy911

Very nice! Great to see this little slice of New Zealand in bridge form. Well done.
SimCity Aviation Group
I miss you, Adrian

Jack Bauer

This bridge looks really nice and it is a great idea to do a mixed road/EL bridge like in Chicago. It would be good to sea a Chicago EL bridge into the game.

cameron1991

oooh I have been over this bridge many times! It was always fun driving across when a train thundered overtop!  ;D
Sadly it has been closed to road traffic now due to it being a major traffic bottleneck on State Highway 1 (it was a single lane bridge)

Anyway, it's great to see it in SC4, great work!  :thumbsup:

choco

y'all are too kind!  :)

noahclem, i believe has been lurkin' for a while.  thanks for postin up!

Mr. Bauer, if you have any suggestions.....im all ears.  ;)

i had a great day today....so i had some extra time to work on some old projects.  this one, i assure you, used to be a real bridge....weird looking, i know, but the unique design was just beckoning to be run thru the BAT.  like the Awatere Bridge above, this one is no longer in service....

still a bit of texturing is in order, and the trussing will be added via T21's....

just love these I.K. Brunel bridges.....

k808j

L i s t e n  T o  O u r  F a m o u s  T h e m e
http://www.supload.com/listen?s=PVfnXk">We Are Borg

wes.janson

Once again Choco, you do wonderful work.

I don't know if you are taking requests for down the road, or if you run out of ideas, but I have one.

Like your wonderful rendition of the Skybridge, here is another Fraser River crossing. The Alex Fraser Bridge, built for Expo '86. It's a 6 lane bridge (I'm thinking RHW here), and probably the only decent bridge any government in this province ever built.

Henrik Sedin: 82gp 29g 83a 112p - 2009/2010 Art Ross/Hart Trophy winner!

SimNation

Love that double decker bridge I take it that it will go with the el over road NAM pieces or is it pure candy?  :thumbsup:

choco

yup...fully functional for the El-rail over road pieces...

i showed a test bridge a few pages back that shows 'em in action.  at that point, i was checking for the congestion problem.....so the BATs are not pretty.

@wes.janson: thanks. that one may already be in the pipeline....but i can't find it anywhere.  i think blue lightning was working on it, but i may be wrong.  :)

Toichus Maximus

noahclem

I may have been lurking for a bit  ::)

Love the Sydney harbor bridge "recycle" http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=990.msg321294;topicseen#msg321294

What did you think about my idea of MHW-based bridges for the longest spans? It seems most realistic to have those as single bridges rather than parallel ones but the maxis highways look so bad with (and compared to) RHW. Would it be possible to have a bridge that was RHW-6 visually using a two-tile MHW bridge?

Keep up the great work!