• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

MAP TUTORIAL: Changing the cities sizes or number in SC4Terraformer

Started by jjune4991, May 27, 2008, 05:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jjune4991

ok, so thank you heblem for letting me do this. i do not know how to make pics for this, so i will edit this when i get the chance.

Have you ever wanted to play a region, for example, a maxis region, but did not like the size or number of the cities? have you created a region with terraformer, and, realizing that you wanted bigger cities, went to the config, changed the sizes, and found out that you deleted those area? well, i have a solution that i hope is easy and very helpful.

first, some things you need before you start.
simcity 4 (any, because i think terraformer works with the original just fine).
SC4TERRAFORMER: sc4devotion.com or simtropolis.com   
and that's it!

ok, so what you need to do first is open up terraformer. (duh!!)
when you open the region you want, go to the sidebar and click on the global tools tab.
the bottom tab says "export (SC4M/16bit png). click there and save the file with any name you would like.
now from here, you can go to heblem's tutorial about importing a PNG image into terraformer, but i'll tell you anyways!
now, create a new region, but make sure that it is the correct size as the original region.
save that region and change it's config file. (i use paint)
then, open terraformer with the new, non-terraformed region.
go to global tools again, but click the "import image" tab. (the one above the export tab...who would of known!)
open the image you saved, and presto! you did it!

i hope this will help those of you, who, like me, did not want to download every single regional terraforming application on the web. i will try and post pictures of each step, but i hope this tutorial was a good help. please comment if you have questions, and happy creating! bye!
Wha??? Where am I? Oh, that's right! I'm here!

Heblem

I'll do it for you, hope you don't mind  ;D...

NHP Map Tutorial: How to change city tiles with TerraFormer.
Requested by jjune4991, with this tutorial you can change or modify any maxis region or a region that you downloaded.

Requirements for this tutorial:
-Windows (preference XP, thats what im using for this tutorial, if you are a macintosh user i dont know differences for both operative systems)
-SimCity 4 (preference Rush Hour or Deluxe, not sure how this works at normal SimCity 4)
-Landscape Designer (download here, you have to register at Simtropolis Exchange for download)
-SC4TerraFormer (download here, you have to register at LEX Exchange for download)

Notes from the author: Im using a spanish windows XP operative system, please follow this tutorial carefully and instructions.

Step A: Open SC4TerraFormer and "steal" the PNG
-Wanna steal the PNG?, ok please follow this tutorial...

NHP Map Tutorial: How to get a PNG image from a region/SC4M.

Step B: Import the PNG

-Please follow this tutorial to know how to import it.
NHP Map Tutorial: How to import a PNG image to TerraFormer

-After you done with that tutorial then your map should look like this, (in my case I did with large cities)

Save it (File/Save)

Step D: Render your region
For to render, please follow this:
Render a Terrain Mod

And you should take something like this:
Timbuktu old

Timbuktu new: