• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

AC Functional, Upgradeable Airports, Support Thread

Started by RippleJet, May 17, 2008, 10:47:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RippleJet

Quote from: Korot on January 10, 2009, 12:10:13 PM
How come that the route query shows train usage with no rail in sight?

E.g. this way:

• 99 people walk from their homes to this bus stop
  • They take the bus to another bus stop, which is close to a train station
  • They walk to the train station
  • They take the train to another train station, which is close to work
  • They walk from that train station to work

These 99 people are in fact counted twice, both as bus passengers and as train passengers.
And there is a train line just a few tiles above the bus stop. ;)

Quote from: Korot on January 10, 2009, 12:10:13 PM
Or should that read subway, as there are subway stairs?

Those stairs lead to an underground bus terminal. ::)
That's the reason the bus stop can handle the larger amount of commuters! ()stsfd()

Nobody knows exactly where the entrance and exit for the buses to and from that terminal is though... :P
It must be hidden somewhere in a nearby commercial complex... $%#Ninj2

allan_kuan1992

or they might be leading to some covert place :D

or maybe even an underground substation =O

- Allan Kuan

RippleJet

Quote from: RippleJet on January 10, 2009, 12:24:25 PM
Nobody knows exactly where the entrance and exit for the buses to and from that terminal is though... :P
It must be hidden somewhere in a nearby commercial complex... $%#Ninj2

I might have found one of those bus entrances/exits...
it seems like one has been built in the commercial district...
by a new airline company called Roth Air (or was it Rotes Haar?) ::)

RippleJet

Voltaire's Superior Prefab Airport,
which upgrades from a grass landing strip, to a municipal and regional airport and finally to an international hub airport,
is now available:

The two small bus stops, with a combined function of city bus and airport bus are of course also included!
Those can be plopped all across your city, as ordinary bus stops.
At the same time, each such bus stop adds to the airport capacity seen in your city.
And they upgrade with higher airport capacities and higher bus stop capacites as well.

Happy flying!

PS.
I will be taking a flight to South America tomorrow and will be gone for three weeks...  ::)
I hope nobody will experience airplanes crashing on their desktops while I'm gone...

Korot

Little question, I just downloaded and installed it and as such now have both AC_Functional...1.0.dat and AC_Functional...2.0.dat, so I wonder, can I remove the 1.0.dat, without causing a CTD?

BarbyW

Yes you can remove v1 without causing any problems at all.
Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened. TP

Barbypedia: More alive than the original

Jack_wilds

Hello Ripplejet and Voltaire, Jack wilds here...

I am enjoying the new ACv2, its very good on many levels, the detail, the variety in the liveries, the seamless -so far, stages, and the overall pleasing addition to the my cities.  :thumbsup:  I like the bus/airport stops mostly because of the smaller foot print, better appearance, and function in a city. 

A few questions... ()what()  is the new cargo handling center included?  (  $%Grinno$% Update: my bad, found it, bcs seaport v2, never mind)... can't seem to find  it, then, say I'm 'impatient for the bigger-better-fancier airport for my city to act as a regional airport -even if its only imaginary, and use the extra cheat to get my favorite airport -stage seven, it'll function OK, right? 

&idea Also I see in the terminals that Voltaire made the terminals in pieces-modules can then these be made into a package to be able to create my own terminals and gates?

Like it all good... have you guys ever been to EAA-Oshkosh? its awesome, perhaps even serve as inspiration for a SIM-EAA chapter  ;D and an EAA-airshow too

Clear skies

Jack

RippleJet

Quote from: Jack_wilds on January 16, 2009, 02:00:11 PM
say I'm 'impatient for the bigger-better-fancier airport for my city to act as a regional airport -even if its only imaginary, and use the extra cheat to get my favorite airport -stage seven, it'll function OK, right? 

Actually, no, I doubt it would be functional if plopped with Buggi's cheat code, as it wouldn't have the link to the controller where the capacity and monthly cost are given.

Quote from: Jack_wilds on January 16, 2009, 02:00:11 PM
&idea Also I see in the terminals that Voltaire made the terminals in pieces-modules can then these be made into a package to be able to create my own terminals and gates?

Yes, they can be used like any ordinary props! ;)

Releevo

you know...i built this huge airport in a new and empty city, right beside my metropolis in the region, and i wonder how can i make the airport at service for my bigger city.

Swamper77

Quote from: Releevo on January 22, 2009, 10:45:32 PM
you know...i built this huge airport in a new and empty city, right beside my metropolis in the region, and i wonder how can i make the airport at service for my bigger city.

You can't with how the game is designed. What you can do is build a Airport Tram in the metropolis, which is an airport itself. You can also try using some of the smaller functional airport terminal lots, such as SimGoober's Heliport, to satisfy the requirement for having an airport in the metropolis. That way, it will appear that metropolis is getting "serviced" by the larger one in the region.

By design, the game expects that the player will be building an airport in each city to boost their commercial zones. This is a rather unrealistic requirement from EA/Maxis. The Maxis airports take up quite a bit of space, and not every city tile can support them. This is why there are various functional airports of varying sizes in the AC Functional Airports download.

-Swamper
You can call me Jan, if you want to.
Pagan and Proud!

Voltaire

Some of AC's latest dependency packs, should have included a Cleanitol file to remove duplicate plugins. The 3 files are attached to this post.

Who should use these:
Players who have installed AC MEGA Props Vol02, AC MEGA Props Vol03, or AC MEGA Textures Vol01 (All three are dependencies of AC Functional Airports 2.0)

These 3 packs replace the individual texture & prop files from all 6 RMIP releases, all of Ace's terminal sets, and all of our aircraft though 2007. Cleanitol will safely detect the old files and move them out of your plugins folders, leaving a cleaner plugins directory and reducing load time.

We apologize for the oversight.

______   F  L  Y    A  C    J  E  T  S   ______
The finest SimCity Aviation LOTs BATs and MODs

[Delta ²k5]

I am also having a problem by using the functional airport lots. every lot isn't used by air-passengers. It hasn't even a capacity as you can see here:

everything shows zero. Does anyone know a solution?

Korot

You do have al dependencies right? And installed it where it should be? I have a feeling that you might have another airport controller that is overriding it, although that should have caused a CTD.

PS: Also, since this isn't a runway problem, I think that it should be in another thread.
PPS: Where did you get those terminals in the upper side of the picture?

RippleJet

Quote from: Korot on February 19, 2009, 05:50:09 AM
I have a feeling that you might have another airport controller that is overriding it, although that should have caused a CTD.

That is my initial feeling as well. ;)
The CTD usually appears if you save this city and then try to open it again later on...

Did you run Cleanitol with the file Cleanitol_ACAirports_2.0---2.RemoveConflicts.txt before installing AC Functional Airports?

If not, search your plugins folders for any of the following files:

• Airport_Terminals_AirportDeveloperType.dat
  • Airport_Terminals_AirportDeveloperTypes.dat
  • z_Airport_Terminals_AirportDeveloperTypes.dat
  • z_SW77-AirportSupport.dat
  • A_SW77-Airport_Terminals_Support.dat
  • TAC_Aviation_1.dat
  • TAC_Aviation_2.dat
  • TAC_Aviation_3.dat
  • TAC_Aviation_4.dat

Any of those would cause the problem you're having.

[Delta ²k5]

Quote from: Korot on February 19, 2009, 05:50:09 AM
You do have al dependencies right? And installed it where it should be? I have a feeling that you might have another airport controller that is overriding it, although that should have caused a CTD.

PS: Also, since this isn't a runway problem, I think that it should be in another thread.
PPS: Where did you get those terminals in the upper side of the picture?

first: It's also a problem that appears to the prefabs. I know that it's not the same, but I wouldn't open a new topic / use a very old topic to ask my question :P
second: http://www.bripizza.net/sc4/index.html here you go ;)

third: I think that the thing ripplejet sayed is my problem. Thank you &apls

RippleJet

Quote from: [Delta ²k5] on February 19, 2009, 07:40:55 AM
I know that it's not the same, but I wouldn't open a new topic / use a very old topic to ask my question :P

I moved your question and replies into the general support thread though. :thumbsup:

topherkay

Where would I go to find the dependencies of the individual airports?

When you download all the dependencies, it's over 200mb.
I really only want to use the AC Prefab Airport, but can't find what i need for just that to show up properly.

topherkay

Thanks for the quick reply, that just about halved the dependencies I needed.

Is there a forum that lists the dependencies of each airport separately?
I looked all over before i asked on here, and it might save troubling the forum in the future.

RippleJet

Quote from: topherkay on April 05, 2009, 07:58:03 PM
Is there a forum that lists the dependencies of each airport separately?

No, that's something I never got done. &ops
Except for the BLS Airport Shuttle.