• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

limits

Started by bigh, May 06, 2008, 03:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigh

is there any limits on how much sim city 4 can hold in its plugin folder basically how many items can i add to the game i know more u have longer it takes to start but that doesent bother me has i always start the game then make me a cup of tea (british thing we do)
ps
sorry if question in wrong place still learning my way around

Pat

well first off welcome to SC4 Devotions Bigh!!! Secondly far as how much the plugins folder can hold well that depends on much HD space you got for one and the other how much RAM you got to handle the game.... So its pretty endless to the size and also depends on the player too....  far as where this should go I know one of the mods will find the proper home...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bigh

i have 1028 meg ram and have hardrive on slave 6 gig for game and pluggins running on p4 1.4 gig cpu

Pat

sweet system there that sounds like,  So like I said Bigh its endless then in how big your plugins can go... my self I'm sitting at over 3.5 gig in my plugins folder....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

dragonshardz

Basically if your plugins folder outsizes your RAM by more than 500MB your computer will start to have serious troubles with loading and crashing.

HandsOn

If you start getting slowdowns on a 1.4MHz/1GB RAM system, then its time to get Wou's superb DAT Packer , info & links found here:SC4 DatPacker. DO read the instructions, though, its a "simple" enough tool that does wonders for the game's loading & playing speed, but it needs to be handled properly. A bit of pre-organisation of the plug-ins folder is not amiss before applying the packer.

Why not visit The Empire MD
Just updated on July 2nd, 2008
And after the game's done.. - The Storyteller's Logbook