• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SC4Terraformer & SC4Mapper available

Started by wouanagaine, November 15, 2006, 07:27:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wouanagaine

Hi everyone

I'd like to introduce you to a new version of SC4TF that can be found here
and SC4Mapper a standalone importer/exporter  that do not require DirectX and use less RAM

Thx to Jeroni for making a SC4TF board !

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
M4346 ♦ moganite ♦ Papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

bat

Thank you, wouanagaine, to making this awesome tool!

freedo50

thanks wouanagaine, these are all awesome tools, i especially love you for producing the one that generates a list of all the growables in your plugins, that is so helpful! muchios respctos for u my dude &prt
&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls

wouanagaine

You know, I would have bet that the SC4LotInfosGenerator would get a small audience, and now after seeing comments here and at ST, I think that I lost my bet

New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren ♦ emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley
Divide wouanagaine by zero and you will in fact get one...one bad-ass that is - Alek King of SC4

Alfred.Jones

These are both awesome tools that make and produce awesomely terraformed maps. Great work Wouanagaine :thumbsup:

Sim City 4 Devotion

TheTeaCat

Thank you for all the wonderful tools that help so much. But whats this SC4LotInfosGenerator that people are talking about - i vcant find it here or at ST. Could you help please.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

wouanagaine

the download link of SC4LotInfoGenerator can be found on the first post of NHP Tools suite thread at ST ( you need the patch also in same place )

The presentation of the tool is one the third post of that thread, and as everyone seems to get such a 'hype' on it, the rest of thread is a discussion on suggestions and how to enhance it as I really never expecting such interest in it.

The SC4LotInfoGenerator will scan your plugins folder and will generate an html / xml with containing information about all your custom growables lots you have.

you can see small output of the first version here

btw freedo50 I have replied to you at ST

New Horizons Productions

TheTeaCat

Thanks for replying. Got it cheers Dude.

Fantastic tool. SO USEFUL!!!

keep up the great work :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
makes my life so much easier  :D
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

wouanagaine

thx TheTeaCat

The SC4LIG has been updated

New Horizons Productions

pica

The tools look nice  :thumbsup:

I will give it a try :)

moganite

I will be adding documentation for a feature that is useful if you cant get hold of the latest photoshop or annother program that can edit 16 bit greyscale images. It creates a pseudo 16 bit depth by using three 8 bit channels to encode elevation data. It was developed intially about 3 months ago and thanks must go to Wounagaine who included it in SCTF 1.1 and SC4Mapper.

Without it myself and mallow would probably still be doing 8 bit maps. Most new NHP maps will be 16 bit due to the resolution of the data we are using.

It has already been tested on Mt Kaputar and Mount Everest and all of mallows maps that were uploaded in the last 3 months as far as I am aware. Mallow and myself are developing techniques for working in the RGB scale so that the coastlines etc will still be accurate.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Heblem
jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ Vandy
wouanagaine