• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Light Replacement Project - Version 2 released! 06/25/2008

Started by MandelSoft, April 20, 2008, 06:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

How should I release the LRP

All lumped together in one pocket
36 (26.3%)
One pocket for every style (example: American, Brittish)
81 (59.1%)
One pocket for every lampposttype (example: low wealth, highway)
15 (10.9%)
One pocket for every filetype (example: models, essentials)
5 (3.6%)

Total Members Voted: 137

MandelSoft

Some of you may know the LRP, but for those who don't, here's a introduction

The're many mods that change the look of the transport networks, like the Street Side Mod and the Euro texture mod. But you couldn't get rid of those streetlights from Maxis, until this project came out. The mod is based on the Streetlight Color Pack and the SMP Highway light mod (it's great stuff!). These mods are now not compatible anymore with the LRP (because these files are kind of "outdated").

DEVELOPEMENT
Last update: September 20, 2008

Project is on hiatus status.
No developpement soon.

Dowload here the latest version of the Light Replacement Mod (Version 2) NEW!
NOTE: The link can be bugged. If so, search for "LRM V2" on Simtropolis!

All created lights are shown here

[tabular type=4 caption="American Lights"]
[row] [head]Name[/head] [head]Picture[/head][head]Status[/head][head]Release[/row]
[row] [data]American Highway side light 1[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]N/A[/data][/row]
[row] [data]American Highway middle light 1[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]N/A[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=4 caption="Belgium Lights"]
[row] [head]Name[/head] [head]Picture[/head][head]Status[/head][head]Release[/row]
[row] [data]Belgium $$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]N/A[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=4 caption="German Lights"]
[row] [head]Name[/head] [head]Picture[/head][head]Status[/head][head]Release[/head][/row]
[row] [data]German $ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]German $ light double sided[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]German $$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]German $$ light double sided[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]German $$$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]German $$$ light double sided[/data] [data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]German $$$ LOT prop[/data] [data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=4 caption="Dutch Lights"]
[row] [head]Name[/head] [head]Picture[/head][head]Status[/head][head]Release[/head][/row]
[row] [data]Dutch $ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Revise[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Dutch $ light double sided[/data] [data][/data] [data]Revise[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Dutch $$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Dutch $$ light double sided[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]Dutch $$$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Revise[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=4 caption="UK Lights"]
[row] [data]UK $ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]UK $ light double sided[/data] [data][/data] [data]Revising[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]UK $$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]UK $$ light double sided[/data] [data]][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]UK $$$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[row] [data]UK middle highway light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 2.0[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

[tabular type=4 caption="Misc Lights"]
[row] [data]MISC Tall highway light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]N/A[/data][/row]
[row] [data]MISC Tall highway middle light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]Version 1.0; Update not released[/data][/row]
[row] [data]MISC Zoetermeer $$ light[/data] [data][/data] [data]Complete[/data] [data]N/A[/data][/row]
[/tabular]

FAQ's

1. Can the lightsets be combined?
Yes. For every wealth type, you can place one lightpole, for example, you use the German High Wealth lights in combination of the UK medium wealth lights.

OTHER INFORMATION

Visit the LRP on Simtropolis for further information (Linkie)

Suggestions, bug reports and ideas are welcome. Please post them on this topic.

Best,
MRTNRLN
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

MandelSoft

Diggis

Looks good.  Large amount of work there.  &apls

Pat

Hey Mrtnrln its great to see you bring LRP here as well and I do have a buggie report for you is that the Highway lights in my version are not working and I have the current version out, all I get is the Pegs Opps modd where the light cones are susposed to be...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

@pat: I think i should re-check every file. Thanks for the bug report! ()testing()

Pat

I will check again when i get back home and your welcome!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

deion30296

So basically this is outdated at the moment?  &mmm

Edited out an obnoxious ammount of smileys
- CasperVg
My Pokemon Brings All the Girls To the Yard
Their like, Do you wanna trade cards?
Damn Right, I wanna trade cards;
I can beat, I've got Charizard
<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

yoshiisland2

I think he's just given it a break to work on a guardrail RHW eye-candy set, but he should be back with this awesome mod soon! ;)

jayo

That looks great :) I will certainly download  ()stsfd()
I'm back

Pat

I Dunno here mrtnrln Im still having problems with the Highway lights as of the other day...

MandelSoft

Actually, from now on, I focus my attention to the LRP. I've released an Alpha version of the Guard Rail Modd on the RHW-topic.

Yesterday I got a plan. Maybe I can release the lights per style or wealth type, and not per version, as it is now So I added a poll, as you can see.

Also planned:
- A file which makes a standalone prop from every lamppost
- Edit T21-exemplars, so you have differrent light on different roads and densities
- Add functionallity to Intestate80's models

The LRP is back on track

Best,
MRTNRLN

Pat

I'd say do the wealth levels  ;)

MandelSoft

WOW! 100th Post %BUd%

In this post I announce that some lampposts will come in four different colors (red, yellow, green and blue).
Because they have the same IID you can use only one color (per light) at once.

The lights which will have colorsets:
- NL $ light (single- and doublesided)
- NL $$$ light
- UK $ light (single- and doublesided)
- German $$$ light (single- and doublesided)

A picture from what's already done

Hope you like it!

Best
MRTNRLN

stewart_garden

This looks like a really worthwhile project - well done.

Stewart
First things first, but not necessarily in that order.

MandelSoft

Look at the lights from Interstate80, there is some awesome developpement going on:
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3297.0

These lights will be included in the LRP

And it looks clear that the lamp style sets are prefered.

Best,
MRTNRLN

Pat

siiigh I'm still having troubles with the highway light cones showing up...

MandelSoft

Well, the ITC-Team tested the new Dutch and the English pocket and for them they worked fine.

grey_wolf07

Nice job... :thumbsup: now the only thing you should do is traffic lights... now that would be a good replacement... $%Grinno$%

Rodney99

Quote from: grey_wolf07 on June 06, 2008, 08:57:40 PM
Nice job... :thumbsup: now the only thing you should do is traffic lights... now that would be a good replacement... $%Grinno$%

I second that... :thumbsup:. Traffic lights would be a brilliant idea!

jayo

Anychance you could aslo upload the lights as props(they would b exellent for LOTing as there are no proper street light props in the LE  :thumbsup: Exellent work -defo,the best project going on at the moment  ;)
I'm back