• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

I80 Streetlight Mods -Great American Streetlight Mod BETA2 ready for Download!

Started by Interstate80, December 23, 2007, 03:58:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Interstate80

hi everyone I made these streetlights that i wanna use in a streetside mod that will make streetlights in your cities look like ones used in real US cities.  The problem is i don't know how to make lightcones and i don't know how to do type 21 exemplers.  I've read some tutorials but i didn't really understand them.

By streetlightov25

By streetlightov25

By streetlightov25

By streetlightov25

By streetlightov25

jeronij

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=140&threadid=76234&enterthread=y

I hope this helps  ;)

I like the new models btw  :thumbsup:  ( perhaps the only thing I'd try to fix a bit are the wood poles, which look a bit "fat" compared to the cars...  ;)
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Ennedi

Great idea, maybe you would like to think about making these streetlights on a transparent base too? They would be useful in many cases  :)
It would be also good to make some offset lots with lights, when a lot touches a road, a sidewalk appears - and sometimes we don't need a sidewalk.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

jayo

Great work on the streetlight models-Although as jeronij said the wooden poles look a bit too fat for my liking.
Hope to see more of this   :P
I'm back

Orange Julius

One thing I've always been irritated about is the stoplights face the wrong way. How did the developers screw up that?
Gone now...

DrPepper

Aren't wooden poles for Electricity or Phones? Then they add lights in the needed area. What about adding some wires. Poles with or without wires would be awesome. Both models including wires and no wires is what I'm saying. Although there is already old wooden poles with wires. But with no lights.

Just throwing out some ideas for you.
-DrPepper  ;)

R U A Great Bat Lighter? Great I need one!
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=3571.0

MandelSoft

Looks fine. Maybe I can use them in my Light Replacement Project
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Interstate80

hi everyone dont worry i'm still working on this project.  mrtnrln i haven't checked up on this thread in a long time. I would definitely like to see my streetlights in your mod. That would be awsome! I plan on making models of every streetlight that was ever made in the U.S. and Canada. This will include streetlights for every wealth and density. I also want to have several different versions of the mod that would have there own unique set of streetlights. There could be one that would make streetlights look like the ones in New York City and another one would make the streetlights look like the ones used in Washington D.C. since each city has different types of streetlights.

Interstate80

girlfromverona

These are looking really good! Hope to see them on the LEX soon. :thumbsup:

Pat

OMG I80 those are looking real sweet there and I see the wooden poles you got thinned out!! Great job and I would love to see these as part of the LRP!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

MandelSoft

As soon as I get the models I can make a T21-based set of them. Give yourself a compliment, Interstate80  &apls! I suggest you also make diagonal models. These are necessary for the modd. Still, it's a great amount of work there, and I like the models! Keep up the good work

Best,
MRTNRLN

Interstate80

mrtnrln i can get those models to you once i complete the set. It shouldn't take too long since all i have to do is render a few more models and diagonals are definitely going to be made. Thank you very much :thumbsup:

un1

Interstate80

Hi everyone i have the first set of streetlights complete with diagonals.  They are for roads in low density areas.

This one is for low density residential zones all wealth levels.  If it's possible I would like to have a blue light cone for this one.

This one is for low density-low,medium wealth residential and low,medium wealth industrial zones.  This one will have the yellow ingame light cone.

This one is for low density commercial zones all wealth levels.  It will have the blue light cone

This one is for low density-low,medium wealth commercial,medium density-low wealth residential and low,medium wealth industrial zones.  It will have the yellow ingame light cone.

This one is for low density-low wealth residential zones.  It will have the blue light cone

mrtnrln I can get these to you.  I just need to know where to send them.

Interstate80

some more ingame views of the new models

MandelSoft

@Interstate80: You can attach these models in a zip file to your post (unless it's bigger than 300kb)

By the way, thanks that you specify where to place the lights and what color the lightcone must have.

Interstate80

I't wont let me upload the zipped folder. It says unsupported file type.  How do I get it to upload?

Pat

Hey I80,  How big is the file???  if its bigger then 300kb you will need to register at www.Fileden.com... then upload it there and copy the url tag it gives then paste it here... Hope that helps out..

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Interstate80

It's only 80kb but when i drag the zipped folder into the post it says unsupported file type in the imageshack window and when I click continue it doesn't upload to my post.