• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Paradise of Walker's Island

Started by urban, February 09, 2007, 06:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

urban

@rooker1: Thanks for dropping by and for the applause.
@Snaper: Thanks to you too, yeah the pictures are pretty small, know there will be bigger ones...
@Russell: Thanks for your compliment and for visiting

Todays Update will deal with Toluka Beach
a village on the islands south coast, the Emerald Coast.

Vineyards on the beach, the grapes are specially cultured to grow in the warm climate. Most of the wine is drank on the Island and only a few hundreds of bottles are exportes by tourists.

Toluka Beach was one of the first villages where vacation homes were built. The first wave of sun loving house builders came in the 1890's. The village's golden age was between 1900 and 1939. After World War 2 most of the visitors did not come back. Many houses became uninhabitable ruins til the 60's. As the new prosperity worldwide grew the tourists came back. Today the colonial houses are within the most poular vacation homes on the Island.

View on the Residental Area "Blue Lagoon" with the "Jack Sparrow Pier"

Sunset at Toluka Beach

Blue Lagoon is the favorite area in Toluka Beach. The neighborhood is located on a kind of a plateau. Due to that you have a better view on the ocean.

Two mansions with view on the Carribean Sea. What else do oyu need?

The centre of Toluka Beach. Some nice condos can be found here. They are cheaper than a house and provide an amazing seaview, since they are higher than the tress.

Toluka Beach Resort

The Toluka beach Resort is an alternative to the expensive vacation homes on Undomiel or the overpriced hotels in the bigger Cities Montauk and Taladriel. It is located just 5minutes to walk from the centre of Toluka.

You can rent a single vacation home with your own pool for less than 500$ a week and you can take up to 6persons per house.

If you want to, you can play tennis, or you visit the big community pool. You can also go to the beach, just go down the stairs and you are there.

So I hope you all liked it, Comments are welcome as always.

Cya Urban

[/font]

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

emilin

Well, I like it. A lot, in fact. It's a massive update with lots of details that grabs the attention, but I won't comment on everything now. Just a big: &apls for a work well done.

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

After reading this one over, I think I need a long over due vacation. 

Can you hook me up with a private mansion on the beach and the cost is not an issue, I'm very rich (LOL).  And I think I'll need it for a month and I'll need it to be fully serviced and I need a fishing charter too.  Tennis courts, golf coarse, pool................ ::)

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

kimcar

&apls &apls Great beach you have done. It`s one of the best i saw. Keep it up. :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Urban, these updates just keep getting better and better. You're going to have a hard time topping the latest one, though. It's absolutely gorgeous and looks so real. I can hardly wait for the next one  &apls.

Joan

glepet

Urban, I'm booking my ticket! Very attractive update. I just love those sandy beaches.

praiodan

Wonderful pictures as always my friend. It's all looking so... so... incredibly relaxxing and also I have to say; great beaches and thanks for your small slide-in on how about you create them :thumbsup:

bat

another great update! Beautiful tropical island! Wonderful work! :thumbsup:

tooheys

This is my first visit and I like what I see  &apls. Your shorelines look so realistic, great work. Nice pic's, it really looks like a great place to take a holiday.

Will be looking out for future updates.

Cheers

Dave

nova vesfalo

as always it' soo caribean ! Like yours update , as always, and you're new region layout is far better :)

thundercrack83

Your beaches are incredible! The pier shot is my favorite one. Great update, my friend! Can't wait to see more!

urban

@emilin: I'm glad you like it, it's always great,
if people notice the actual work.

@rooker1 I really should think about joining second life,
rebuilding the Antilles and then sell the houses.
I will check the travel agents. They are probably boooked,
but I think I can do something for you. ()stsfd()

@kimcar Thanks a lot for that big compliment.
I tried a lot of things to make the beaches as good as possible.
After some throwbacks I finally was able to creat beaches, that satisfied me.

@Jmouse: Thanks for visiting again.
I look forward to the competition, now I really have to think about making it
better than this time(hmm let's see...)

@glepet:Thanks for dropping by, I may will show a kind of vacation diary within the next updates,
have to think about it. If you want to fly to the Island remember,
that the International Airport is closed due to reconstruction
(I'm bad at creating airports). You have to fly to Montauk City Airport via Miami. ;)

@praiodan:Nicve to hear from you my friend
and thanks again for bringing me to that amazing community. I'm glad you like it

@bat: Thanks to you too, hope you will come back later.

@tooheys: I'm happy you found the way to my little paradise
and I'm glad you planned to come back.

@nova vesfalo: Yeah the new layout is lot better, thanks :)
I'm glad you like it, and that you liked it before.

@thundercrack83:Thanks for dropping by,
I will post another update probably before friday, but i'm not sure.

So, next Update maybe until friday

Cya urban

Walker's Island

rooker1

Thanks urban, I can't wait.......

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Looking forward to the update on Friday! ;)

Berethor

Indeed this is a paradise, All the pics are beautiful  :thumbsup:

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

Snaper

Waaa, these images are wonderful  :o Truths chart-postal  $%Grinno$%

Cheer, it's incredible as they appear real  &apls &apls

urban

@rooker1: All the good houses are already booked until fall, but there are hotel rooms left in the bigger hotels ;)
@bat:   Thanks; due to the fact that I'm very busy it's going to be a small preupdate....
@Berethor: hey, thx for dropping by. I'm glad you like it
@Snaper: Thank you very much

Hey everyone!

Today's Update is going to be a smaller update,
I have not finished both Islands as I had planned for friday.
But I will post some pictures of Christine Island
and will post more pictures the next time.
So but let's start with some information about the Islands.

Map of the Upper Durewan Antilles

Christine Island belongs to the Archipelago Upper Durewan Antilles
and is an offical part of the country Durewan Antilles.
It is the smallest of the three main islands: Christine island, Kudrow Island, and Sommerset Island.
Christine Island is located in the Caribbean Sea about 5miles west of Taladriel on the MainIsland.
It is 5.8 km² (1.96 sq mi) in area. Because there are no airports on Christine Island or Kudrow Island,
there is only access to the island by boat.
Ferry service runs hourly from Taladriel and daily from Undomiel.

Let's continue with some pictures :)

There are some nice hotels on the Island, one is located at the Mango Bay.

The Mango Bay Resort

A view on the whole Island. I will show you all the places with close ups the next Update

The Upper Durewan Antilles are a very popular sailing place.

View on the Mango Bay

The cruise liner port of Christine Island

I'm still adding some details and I'm working on the flora. There is a street connection to the neighbor Kudrow Island. Kudrow Island is still in the beginning of becoming a vacation/residental Island for the rich and famous.
After finishing it I will post pictures of both Islands but I'm very busy so you have to wait at least a week. &mmm

I hoped you all like what you have seen so far. Comments are always welcome :)

cya david

[/font]

Walker's Island

rooker1

Fantastic update.  I'll take the room in the hotel....I guess or maybe I should go in the fall..lol
Great work on the small islands, I really like how they are turning out.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

Perfectly stunning update, urban. Durewan Antilles absolutley oozes luxury and you've done a fine job of sticking to that theme. I don't know if you had a careful plan to begin with or D.A.'s style was a lucky accident, but I admire you for recognizing a good thing when you saw it and not straying from it.

Joan

kimcar

Ok you got me. I know where i gonna take my vacation next time.  $%Grinno$% Mango Bay is just stunning.  &apls &apls Very well done. :thumbsup: