• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Paradise of Walker's Island

Started by urban, February 09, 2007, 06:10:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

petercintn

My crops never looked so vibrant or lush.  What kinda fertilizer are you using?  These crops are wonderful.

Quoteauthor=urban

Carolina Tar Heels... National Champs again!

shoreman905

I am glad I saw the link in one of the show us threads. I came back from the Caribbean last December just itching to model those islands. The best part is being able to use Dutch, French, Spanish and English tile sets, all in one region. Your Diary will be one of my frequent stops now. Great work.

Heinz

i beg you not to give up or stop developing on durewan antilles. well, until sc5, maybe.  $%Grinno$% really, if there were such a place, im filling up the application for immigration ASAP! wow. &apls really nice work!!

urban

Thanks everyone for your comments. Developing the Island takes longer than I thought and I have a lot stuff to do for school.

@M:
Thanks for dropping by! I recently work on the tropical forest in the Islands Centre
@Naryanna: Thanks, I use many different rokc mods, to make it as detailed as possible :)
@Zaphod: Thanks, you will see the real jubgle later, this was planned as the "we leave this jungle for the tourists... ;)"
@cameron:
THX to you too, Glad you like it :)
@bat: I really try to do have it tropical looking :)
@rooker: Yes the Island you refer to is a lot smaller than the main Island, which needs more time to develope &mmm
@NikNi: As I said, the Islands history and economy refers to the Netherlands Antilles, thanks for dropping by  ;)
@petercintn: I use some Farmsets from STEX, to make them look greener I use an photo filter and make the whole picture just a bit greener....just google  Opanda Photo Filter, it's a free test version :)
@shoreman: Yeah I use many sets, since the Islands history is multicultural, you will see it, if i gonna the show you the capital. But it's a lot of work to make a tropical, green huge city :( so you'll have to wait, unless I may show you what I have got so far...
@zniehadajet: I won't stop the Antilles, I really enjoy to develope the Islands and to read your nice comments.

@all:
I may will post an Update before March 21st, but after it I'll go to Ohio for four weeks. So the time I will be on the other side of the Atlantic I won't play Sim City and won't ab able to do an Update. I want to say this, so noone will close this thread %wrd. After I come back I will have some free time to play again but I gonna write many tests this time. But I already have developed many things I can show you then and I will show you some stuff this weekend or even more early. Thanks for everyone how has postes an comment so far. This community is great and I hope I have Internet-Acess, so at least I can take a look to the forum sometimes.....

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

NikNik

Looking forward to some good jammin'

If  forget, I wish you a great stay in the states.

Nik-Nik

Gaston

So why are you coming to the States, urban?   Sorry guess I am just nosey.   LOL

---Gaston
白龍

They say that the memory is the second thing that goes....
...dang , I wish I could remember the first.
WooHoo made Councilman - 05 FEB 07 Yipee made Mayor - 13 MAR 07 Hip Hip Hooray made Governor - 04 AUG 07 Rock On made Senator - 15 MAR 09

Cali

have a good trip, and enjoy yourself while your here ;D..one question, why Ohio? ???
"It's not a design flaw, It's my signature"

urban

It's an exchanged Programm and I couldn't choose where to go. If I had the choice ,I would be going to the Hamptons or Las Vegas, or California or Miami or Hawaii, but I couldn't decide it. I am going to go to Brunswick near to Cleveland  &mmm

Walker's Island

thundercrack83

Hey, urban! Have fun in Ohio! We'll be waiting for the Antilles when you get back, my friend!

Heinz

wah! so long? i sure am going to miss your updates in those four weeks!  ()sad() glad to know you have no intention of quitting Antilles. have a safe trip! enjoy!  :thumbsup:

dedgren

Hey, urban...

I missed commenting on your last couple of Silver Lake pics- they were a fine continuation of what you started.

Quotewon't be able to do an Update [while away]. I want to say this, so no one will close this thread

We won't close it- the worst that would happen is that it will be moved to the "Completed MDs" thread, where it's still available for all to view, and it would just take a PM to me to get it back up here.

So, no worries!  Enjoy your travel.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

urban

Hey, I'm back from the US. It was a wondeful time, but now it's time for some new pictures. I'll divide the Update in some parts, since I'm still working on it, The Update shows the Capital, Taladriel.

The older part of Taladriel is popular by tourists and citizens as well. Many restaurants and hotels can be found here. The houses were built by french and german immigrants.

The Spanish Palace is one of the oldest buildings in the Carribean. It was built in the Spanish area of the Island (1499 to 1695). It is used as the Governors Home and Office today and it's closed for the public.

Comments are always welcome, despite the fact, that it is an short update, but I will post the other parts another time....

Walker's Island

thundercrack83

First, let me say, "Welcome back!"

The latest update is beautiful! Thaladriel looks fantastic. I love the main street with and the Spanish Palace looks great, too! I'll be looking forward to future updates, my friend!

dedgren

Hi, Urban-

I actually missed the last update my last tour through the MDs- I don't know how, as you've got a really nice effort underway here.  The pics of Taladriel have me hoping we'll see more of the same soon.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

urban

Update Taladriel Part 2

@ dedgren and thundercrack: thanks for visting :-)

Here is the second part opf the Update, this one shoews more of the city's downtown and the more fancy living areas.

But first of all, here is an region view, so can see where Taladriel is on the map....

View on the city

Since the Island is widely recognized to be one of the world's leading offshore financial centres, Taladriel is said to be the biggest financial services centre in the Carribean.

View through the banks on the Esplanade "Oceanside Avenue"

Same Avenue, seen from the sea.

View on the city, seen from the Hills

The Governors-Palace

Downtown Taladriel

Memorial-Park and parts of the Zoo

How wants more space has to move to the countryside but if you have enough money, you can buy one of these houses:

These houses are right on the beach, and not even 5minutes from downtown. Seaview and Cityview inclusive. (10Million $ and up  :P

If you need more space, you can move to the Hills, high above the city, you can look down on all the traffic, and the urban city-life, while enjoying your huge silent yard. 20Million $ and up  :P

That's it for today, I hope you all like it. Comments are welcome  :)

Walker's Island

glepet

Nice pictures urban! Beautiful Islands. I'll be checking in on your updates with anticipation.  :thumbsup:
By the way, what sea walls are you using along the coasts?

thundercrack83

Wow! Beautiful update! Everything is so green, it's wonderful. Can't wait to see more!

rooker1

Wow, that was a really great update.  the last two pictures are my favourite.  Those rich people have nice peices of land around thier houses.  I wish I lived there.  LOL

Robin   :thumbsup: &apls
Call me Robin, please.

emilin

That looks really good. The overview shot is actually my favourite (it looks so natural) but I like the closeups too. Good job! :thumbsup:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

nova vesfalo

that is just beautiful !! Always that caribean touch ! Love it !!!