• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Places, Faces... pictures (on a semi-daily basis) by SimFox

Started by SimFox, January 31, 2008, 05:57:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SimFox

SimFox

SimFox

TheTeaCat

Stunning pics  &apls &apls

You have a great skill in capturing "the moment". I look forward to seeing more of your work :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

callagrafx

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

SimFox

Thank you, TheTeaCat.

Callagrafx:
Actually there is exact Russian replica of that one (Russified, naturally) that made quite few waves in Russia with typical Gogolean consequences (basically showng how country changed and at the same time stayed the same for 200 years). I'll look for it and try to make something of it...

...and they'll take you to sky.
Helsinki-Vanta Airport

SimFox

Ok I've found it ...
Picture is small, but it gives the idea:

This is a work titled Age of Mercy by art group "Sinie Nosy" (blue noses).

It was catapulted to fame by the freakish reaction to it by Russia's Culture minister who saw it as a sign of indignity and tried to ban it from leaving the country.
As a result this "shameful picture" know until then to very few in artsy community in Moscow has became the most recognized image in Russia been printed by every newspaper and magazine covering scandal that progressed to the 2 law suites filed by the director of one of larges and leading museums in Russia - Tretjakov Gallery against minister personally.

here are few other works by the group which upset Russian Culture minister:

And the artists themselves:

SimFox

house of Light
Berlin

PS note for Callagrafx.
Yesterday night I tried my Sigma EX APO 70-200 f2,8 HSM with Nikon D40, and although it is (lens) not on any "compatible" list it works fine! So I'm pretty sure that ANY lens with focus motor (any motor not necessarily sonic one) will work with D40/40x/60

callagrafx

Quote from: SimFox on February 10, 2008, 02:32:02 AM
PS note for Callagrafx.
Yesterday night I tried my Sigma EX APO 70-200 f2,8 HSM with Nikon D40, and although it is (lens) not on any "compatible" list it works fine! So I'm pretty sure that ANY lens with focus motor (any motor not necessarily sonic one) will work with D40/40x/60

Good to know, thanks.  :thumbsup:  Not that I'm likely to buy another lens, unless it's up in the 400mm plus range  ;D
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

SimFox

V 4 victory
Shaghai

SimFox

SimFox

Oh, Marcszar... That is a very tricky question...

There are so many ways to answer it and very few of them wouldn't be inflammatory to someone. I can safely say just one thing - when you're in China you have NO doubt at all about that. Problems are huge, but where ever you look you see solutions.

As I've started to speak here in a language of imagery here is just a one answer:

spanish.Wedding
Madrid

As for what have little guy was doing with his fingers, well nothing really, it wasn't any conscious gesturing or anything like that. He was just posing for his Ma and grandMa

iamgoingtoeatyou

The V for victory sign doesn't really mean anything special, it's a pose that everyone does :P Great pictures, really like them :)

SimFox

iamgoingtoeatyou: :thumbsup:

indecent_exposure
Barcelona.torreAgbar

iamgoingtoeatyou

Oh how I hate that tower. Looks like you're quite the traveler!

vester

SimFox

Quote from: iamgoingtoeatyou on February 20, 2008, 09:37:31 AM
Oh how I hate that tower. Looks like you're quite the traveler!
he he (or should I say Je Je)
Torre Agbar is indeed a bit controversial architecturally... but not the worst piece built in the city.

Quote from: vester on February 20, 2008, 09:41:28 AM
Great pictures.

What camera are you using ?

Nikon D70, D200, D300

about white balance on a rainy day inside