• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mallorca

Started by jeronij, January 20, 2008, 03:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quesh

Very well made this sloped village  &apls

jeronij

Hello dear Mallorca visitors  :thumbsup:

A BIG THANKS for you kind words and support  ;D

I am glad you are not still tired of slopes....  ::) ... now comes the third (and last for the moment) part of the Building on Slopes Series, which will complete this part of the city of Port de Soller  ;)

In the next pictures you can see how I followed the technique described in earlier updates to fill in all the possible gaps.... in the end, you can build so densely in slopes as anywhere else, but tow main rules to keep in mind:  Use small lots/zoning and let some cliffs free. They will add realism to the scene (imo of course  :P )

Port de Soller - Building on Slopes Part 3

Finishing the town on the hill

It was time to finish the upper side of the hill...

A better perspective...

Again the small 1x1 lots showed quite instantly.

They have proved to work really well in slopes, in both sides.

There was still an available trench of useable terrain hidden out there....  ;D

And it was inmediately put to work by mayor jeronij.

This was the last touch, the area... it is quite fullfilled now  ;D

Lets sit and relax....

First lets recall the original situation,

And the final one...

And now time for some perspective views...

Turning...

... and turning again....

And lets stop turning  ::) , and have a look to the overall situation

I hope you like the results so far. In the next updates I will start working seriously with the fishing harbour down the hill, and after this, finally I'll start the military base  ;D

Btw, I have been modelling some (hopefully) nice military buildings for that area.... very mediterranean btw  :D :D

Military HeadQuarters

After this, I made the docks administrative building.... the real one was demolished some years ago in Port de Soller  ::)

And I also made some custom ammo silo entrances.... for some lotting ideas that were rounding my mind  ;D

A detail on the ammo silo's door.... I enjoyed making the texture  ;D

I hope you enjoyed the pics  :thumbsup:
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

rooker1

All I have to say is, "The end justifies the means."
The end result looks great.
The new models are very interesting.  I like them.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

thundercrack83

Whew!

Another impressive update from the master! I absolutely love the "before-and-after" look you've given us at the slopes you built on, and the new military facilities look incredible! I can't wait to see them pop up in the game. Magnificent work, as always, my friend!

Dustin

Fukuda

Lovely as always!  &apls
Back to europe ;D

callbat

Excellent work again  &apls

warconstruct

excellent jeronij like always works! all is very beautiful and your buildings soldier are very successful  &apls &apls

impatient to see the continuation !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Jmouse

Stunning shots of the hillside development, jeroni. Even in my own limited experience, I have found it sometimes difficult to make things look suitable from all angles. Your work is amazing, though.

The new buildings are of great interest as I am just now learning to use the B.A.T. They are beautifully done and I look forward to seeing them in game.

Until next time...
Joan

sebes

Jeronij - I had some catching up to do in Mallorca, but thanks to that I had the priviledge to follow the transforming of the hill by you in all 3 updates right after each other. Man what patience you have - I envie you for that... and the result is showing. It's amazing how you managed that. I wish I could only get part of your patience when playing the game - but no, I am always in a rush to finish the tile.

You are the best - a true master in my view, and a very good host to all other majors for that reason. This MD shows the devotion you have for the game. Thanks for showing your great playing to all of us.
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

tooheys

Very nice Jeroni. I wasn't quite sure how the lots would appear on some of the more drastic slopes, but I have to say, the end result is brilliant. (although there is a backdoor or two there that I wouldn't want to walk out of  :D )

Looking forward to seeing the fishing harbour

Dave

Quesh

This sloped town is realistic, he can do everything with SC4 finally  :thumbsup:
This is very promising BAT  &apls

kimcar

Not easy to build in the hills , and you do it right  &apls &apls Super work and great looking bat you gonna do  :thumbsup:

bat

That's an excellent part 3 of your work on slopes! Great work!
And the models are also looking fantastic! :thumbsup:

figui

awesome!!

the developed area is great :thumbsup: (tu haces que parezca sencillo construir en colinas así)
looking forward to the fishing harbour and the military base ;)
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

TheTeaCat

Stunning  &apls

It always amazes me how you managed to conquer the most difficult terrain and
make it look so easy. But you also turn it into a mini tutorial as a bonus to help us all out.
I learn so much just following your MD - I thank you :thumbsup:

As for your new BATs - marvelous cant wait to see your placement of these :D

Till the next time

Regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

paroch

Hi Jeronij,

The slope-work is brilliant, without doubt.  Port de Soller looks a lovely place, I can imagine strolling down the hill and having a nice cold Cruzcampo in the bar overlooking the harbour.

The final overview shot is very impressive, nice use of the terrain mod, with the cliffs.

And the military buildings are looking good too - I'm sure they'll be just as good in-game.

Paul

ussagus

Jeronij, it's a stunning work  &apls &apls &apls

Saludos

squidi

i love what you do with the slopes and this silo is a great idea  &apls

Pat

Jeroni wow!!!! I loved that Silo it looks like something out of the movies, in praticular Doom!!!!  I loved that admin building and the HQ!!!  Great job on the whole update and we'll see you soon......

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Hello dear Mallorca visitors  :thumbsup:

You are always very kind. Thanks for your support and encouragement  ;) . I have been a bit busy lately... and still I am, so I will directly go to show you some progress in Port de Soller (not much really, but I hope you like it).

Port de Soller - Finishing the Town in the hill

There were still some free spaces in the hill area, so Mayor jeronij built them a bit....

...and this is the (suposed) next area to be developed... there is not much room there, and there are many things which have to be added, so it is a nice puzzle...

... the more you climb the hill, the worse the situation becomes  ::) ....

... fortunaltely the traffic simulator called my attention to a very dangerous crossing in the area... those little details....  :-[

... this is the "evil" crossing.....

... so I changed it a little bit.... (there is no roundabout in real life, and it would not fit in the overall layout  ;)

After this distraction, and probably because I was tired of building on land only, I decided to start to plan the military base....

Port de Soller - Starting the military area...

I initially placed a radar station...

... and some dorms for the troops.... ( I couldnt get a better placement for that lot in that place  $%Grinno$% )

...there is also not much room left in the area....

.... but I plan to fill every single free tile (and more if I can  :P )

I hope you like the development.... many changes are to come to the area yet  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary