• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

CAL's BAT Cave

Started by callagrafx, February 03, 2007, 02:08:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kimcar

Just the weekend for do this .  :thumbsup: Very nice design and great work on this baby  &apls &apls

callagrafx

Thank you all, although I cannot take credit so much for the design, as it's loosely based on a new building in Cardiff Bay.

I've done some more on the other side, added the atrium and underbuilding parking access...Back to work so development on this will slow for a few days, but I need to get the lighting rig sorted and tone down some textures, add the nitelighting and test the scale.

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Glenni

That looks great cal!

Oh, and mind sharing those plants, do ya? :D

Antoine

rooker1

This is a great building, indeed.  I love the irregular shape.

Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Pat

Lee that is looking real good....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

jeronij

Excellent modelling and very nice details  :thumbsup: . Somehow the building reminds me a ship... I like it  ;D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

FrankU

Yes! Good Modern architecture often has some ship like features.
See Erich Mendelssohn and Le Corbusier.

Glenni

When i was visiting Hamburg ( On a cargoship infact) I saw a pretty ship-like looking building.

callagrafx

Nice building...although it reminds me more of an old WWI English Tank...

The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Glenni

Haven't thought about that one before!  :D

Yoman

Guess it finally reached Germany after 100 years at 1 mph with more time spent broken than running :P Well thats what you get for making the first tank  :D

JBSimio

I really like this building a lot Lee!  &apls

If you really want to see a great "boat building," check out these pictures of the Milwaukee Art Museum;)

Never trust a god who grins all the time and wears a top hat, that's my motto.  -Terry Pratchett

It's from JBSimio.  Need we say more?  -BadgerBoy of SC4 Devotion

Couchpotato

It definitely resembles a cruise ship in layout.  But I'm curious why you changed the deck texture so the first three levels have one texture and the second three levels have another.   %confuso

callagrafx

Quote from: Couchpotato on February 15, 2008, 04:24:40 PM
It definitely resembles a cruise ship in layout.  But I'm curious why you changed the deck texture so the first three levels have one texture and the second three levels have another.   %confuso

Some are balconies, the others (the tiled areas) are terraces, so I'll be changing the textures to match...However, that said I've decided to change the purpose of the building from a residential to a Hotel, mainly because of the size of the thing.  It sits on an 8x3 LOT and don't think it'd be easy to grow, but a plop with jobs will make it more versatile.  To this end I'm adding a pool on the lowest terrace and re-modelling the atrium section to be more "hotel" like, to probably sit on an 8x4 LOT.

On the residential front, I've modelled each apartment separately so can repurpose them in another configuration to make high density residential towers.  Now going to have a play with nightlibraries to save myself some omni grief.

xxdita

That is just stunning work. A gorgeous building.
Love, exciting and new. Come Aboard. We're expecting you. The love boat soon will be making another run

callagrafx

Added a pool and started the nightlights...

Oh, and a couple of variant towers using the isolated apartments...

TheTeaCat

Wow some fab looking work there lee  &apls &apls

Just something I noticed that the lighting in this area looks funny.
As the doors seem to be below the top of the wall to their right(or left as we look at it now)

I marked it in thumbie. maybe I am been picky (ok I am ) but I'm sure you get what I mean. Still you produce some of the most amazing work i've ever seen  &apls

And the towers look marvellous too.

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

callagrafx

Thanks for the observation Derry, I'll check it out.

Meanwhile I've finished dressing the model with some models made by Spa...

I've also discovered that the B4M script cannot switch off MR Area Omni lights despite the nitelite prefix, so I've got to go back and change them for normal omnis...as there's only 15 or so it shouldn't be a problem.

FrankU

Wow!
Is this going to be a luxury hotel?