• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Chat Room Request

Started by Starmanw402007, December 27, 2007, 01:52:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Starmanw402007

Has anybody here thought about adding a Live Chat room for this site? where we can talk live? It'll give us something to do while we are here for a spell.

Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)
Your Friend;
Mayor Of Steven's Point & Maxiston
(Proud To Be Cities Of Sim Nation!)

cameron1991

It would be nice to have a chat room but I think to get good chatrooms without ads like at ST, you have to pay quite a bit of money. Jeronij is supporting this site out of his money so it would be entirely up to him whether we get one or not.

xxdita

Of course there are other sites with chat rooms, and most instant messaging programs have chat rooms, we could always hijack... errr... colonize is a better word... one of those rooms.

Palpatine001

To be honest I was wundering when not if this question was going to pop up somewhere along the line  &Thk/(

Anycase, best ask Jeronij for his views on that one.

Of course ST has the chat which well, as well know can be like a nut house some days and then there is Simcities one that errrr sits there idle most days  :-[

Ah well Jeronij your views?
Now Idle
Please leave a message after the beep and I'll get to you as soon as I can bother

Filasimo

Last i remembered this was already addressed cant find link but it was best off to not have one. i mean what are PMs for? I normally have pm tag with some members if i really needed to talk to them  ;)  and please this kind of request should have been made here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=6.100  :thumbsup:
Plaza Mall Project
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2171.0
Coming Soon to the LEX!

NAM Team
What can NAM do for you?
//

jeronij

I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

RippleJet

SC4Devotion is primarily a site where the development of custom content is prioritised.
A lot of chat is going on between custom content creators, but that is best done in MSNM, Yahoo IM, or other Instant Messenger applications.

In addition to what Jeronij posted, I'll also quote the rules of this site:

Quote from: jeronij on November 05, 2006, 06:02:56 AM
We need you to be clear, though, that, above all, our expectation is that you will come to SC4D to be involved in activities and endeavors related to SC4.  This is not a chat site-there are plenty of those.  It is not MySpace or YouTube- it is in fact not about you at all.  It is about our shared passion for this great game.

callagrafx

I'll add a technical note...Chatrooms (especially Java based ones) eat up system resources like nothing else and that would mean less resources for the forums, slowing them down for the rest of us who don't want to speak in one word syllables.  As Ripplejet says, you want to chat, use IM or set yourself up as a Yahoo group and use their resources.  :thumbsup:
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Krio

IMO chat rooms are evil.  ;D

I'm not lying when I blame chat rooms for my bannigs in several forums. Momma isn't proud  $%Grinno$%
buf callgrafix's suggestion about Yahoo! group is fine, there should be "permanent" group and link from the forums to there.