• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

I really liked the update from the harbour and industrial areas and now also this airport, not very big but like you say it has its own charm. And I see you have found some rarely used bats again, always interesting to see how you use these.

sebes

That is a very nice small airport that perfectly fits with the town, and in the environment where you made it  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

figui

great update, and nice airport! that terminal building is perfect!
i agree about those trees so near the runway, but otherwise is perfect :thumbsup:
i'm glad to know that now the ship can leave the port :P

Mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Schulmanator

That's a great little airport!  :satisfied:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

emilin

Instead of celebrating #700 comments I would like to get your attention for something really important. ::)

For the first time in 11 years the championship of the Swedish soccer league is back where it should be. Yes, that's right, we are the champions! ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

figui

congratulations, that's not the kind of results my team (the Club Nacional de Football, from Montevideo) is having here in the uruguayan tournament since last championship won in 2005 &mmm. nowadays we are 11 in 18 :thumbsdown:. i hope this don't take 11 years to the next time we wmon the championship :P

till next update,
Mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..

________

thundercrack83

While I'm not up to speed in the world of soccer (I enjoy the sport, but it doesn't get much coverage in the United States), I know what it's like when your favorite team gets the win! Congratulations, emilin! And just as important, congratulations on being the first MD here at with 700 comments!1

1 3RR is considered a project, or as David refers to it, and "MD on steroids."

Pat

1 3RR is considered a project, or as David refers to it, and "MD on steroids."

What was that Dustin lol... I thought i will bring this up so everyone can see that small print lol...

Emilin WoW this is soo cool congrats on being the first at hitting the 700 comments... I so cant wait to see an update here - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

Strechnitz

I really like the new quarters of Baha roja. the LBT housingpacks work very well in creating thee suburbs. :)

and congratulations on winning the championship of course. how do Swedes celebrate an occasion like that? &apls

Strech.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

bat

Congrats for more than 700 comments at your MD! Also congrats for that team who won that championship! &apls &apls

Looking forward to a new update! ;)

emilin

Quote from: Strechnitz on October 29, 2007, 06:23:32 AM
how do Swedes celebrate an occasion like that?

This:

would have been the proper way to do it, but since I am no longer a resident of Gothenburg but instead stuck in Stockholm I've had to settle for teasing the hell out of my boss, who is a deep and sincere fan of the team (Djurgården) that was the only serious competitor for the title but managed to get beaten by the worst team in the whole league in the last game, and because of it ended in a very surprising third place. That soooooooo made my week. ;D

BlackwaterEmil's inn

metasmurf

emilin

Personal replies:

rooker1: Thank you! I put those parks there mostly because they cover diagonals so good, but I did notice that it looked a bit odd with people playing beside the burning trash. ;D

urban: Thanks! Not really sure which houses you are refering too (most of them look pretty green or yellow or red to me). But the bulk of smaller residentials come from the LBT (Latinamerican Bat Team) house pack released on the LEX.

bat: Thank you so much!

panthersimcity4: Thank you and welcome to Islas Gemas!

thundercrack83: Thanks a lot! I don't really know anything about airports so I started with the readme-file, hehe... :satisfied:

Badsim: Thank you very much! I didn't notice the carrier shape at first, but you are right, it does look a bit like a ship.

Shadow Assassin: Thanks! Airplane lose control? That never happens, does it? ;D

kimcar: I am having fun, thank you very much!

kwakelaar: Thanks! Yeah, my BAT:s aren't getting any younger either, hehe... I have decided to be very restrictive towards adding more things to Islas Gemas plugins folder from now on. I have soon reached the limits of my computer, and I am now chosing very carefully what to add.

sebes: Thank you!

figui: Thanks! I will probably tear down those trees later on too, but it will have to wait a while.

Schulmanator: Thank you as always!

patfirefghtr: Thank you so much!

Strechnitz: Thanks! And I am now finally sober again and ready for more updates.

metasmurf: Tackar! Nu blir det Champions League för hela slanten.

San David d'Esmeralda

Some of you might remember the hounorable mentions that took place during the celebration of reaching #500 comments for this journal. One of the places mentioned (but then not yet developed) was San David - the main city on the thrid biggest island, Esmeralda. It is also known as the "city of lawyers" for its' disproportionate number of legal firms. This was, of course, a tribute to our good friend and diary mentor: David aka dedgren.

Now, the time has come for a first look at San David d'Esmeralda. I am not completely happy with everything just yet, but it is a decent start. And I have to add that the terrain here is much trickier to build than it looks at first glance.

San David was, of course, the local saint that founded the San David monestary in Juaníta, and appears on the label to any bottle of Bombero. He is not actually known to have ever visited Esmeralda and the name of the city has no other connection to the person other than the fact that he is one of the most acknowledged historical figures coming from Islas Gemas and thus very popular on all of the islands.

San David himself - on a bottle of Bombero:

BlackwaterEmil's inn

Shadow Assassin

Very nice. Just about the only thing wrong I can see is the type of retaining wall you used. It doesn't suit the town well. It's probably because from afar, it appears 'too flat'.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

rooker1

Super update my friend.  I really like the idea of honouring a certain someone for what ever reason.  And than you make them part of your history.  BRAVO   &apls &apls  awesome idea.  I really like your building style, no wander you have made t to 700 plus replies.  Very well deserved.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Another fantastic update there, emilin! Great work on that city! :thumbsup:

Yoman

I have to agree with SA, I think Jeronij's green one with the fence on top would suit it better. Or maybe those new (well not that new anymore) Japanese ones?

On the other hand you've made a great comeback. Clearly not a very large city but it seems to get by. I can just imagine what the views from those seaplanes would be like if I remember my seaplane ride over the mountains north of Vancouver and compare it to the scenery you've shown on all the islands.

Looking forward to more as always :thumbsup:

ManuelR

I really like it. But the walls don't fit in there I think. The texture is a bit curious and it's too white IMO. But else a very good work. :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

Another fine update! Congrats on your milestone for your MD. Way to go!  &apls
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

figui

nice update  :thumbsup:
i agree i'd use another retaining wall, but the one you had chosen looks great in closest zooms, just a bit flat from far (as sa said)

till next time,
mauricio.

________