• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kwakelaar

Wonderful with so much variation of villages and resorts and I especially like the first overview image from the coast.

kimcar

The bat you used are not easy to work with , and the render that you did is just splendido . great job. :thumbsup:

Eddie

I love the art-deco houses clinging to the hillside! Good stuff, emilin.  :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

really nice , the small village are stunning , and the alotments of modern dwelings are stuning ! great (as usuall :) )

Nisha

Ooooh, lovely river and colourful seaside towns.  :thumbsup:

Strechnitz

The pics of Villaflor, trebajos and their surroundings simply breath the laidback easy attitude that belongs to a country so close to the equator. A stunning achievement my friend.

And no settlement looks the same or repetative. that's also one of your strong points.

Strechnitz.
Your favorite "deliciously deviant" Empire is Back after a 2 month pause

Click on the picture above to visit Stropon.

emilin

Personal replies:

rooker1: Thank you! I'm not sure about RHW... I kind of just don't like it. I mean, it looks great in some instances, but the intersections are a bit hard ot work with in my opinion. And, unlike a lot of others around this place, I'm not all that much into transit solutions and traffic. I like to just drag a few roads and go "that's it!". But I'll be the first to admit that the avenue looks a bit weird there, hehe...

bat: Thanks a lot!

thundercrack83: Thank you so much!

flame1396: Thanks!

NikNik: Thanks! And I found the name of the red houses. They are called Editio la Colmena and belong to a series of buildings called Alicante. I think I found them on STEX.

patfirefghtr: Thanks! Just a teaser this time around though... but plenty more to come in a few days.

urban: Wow, thank you! That was very nice of you. The flora is from Gizmo and can be found here: http://www.gizmo.lunarpages.com/

Heblem: Thank you very much!

kwakelaar: Thanks! I'm glad you liked the region shot since I spent quite some time fixing up the terrain to make it look better than it did the first time I posted a picture of it.

kimcar: Thank you, as always, kimcar!

Eddie: Thanks! And yes, I enjoy art deco a lot myself. One of the best architectural styles in my opinion.

nova vesfalo: Thanks a bunch!

Nischa: Thanks!

Strechnitz: Thank you! That is one of the few perks of having so little buildable terrain... I really don't have enough space to worry about repetition, hehe...

Bahía Roja teaser

I'm a having a few tough weeks at work ahead of me right now, and I also had the bad fortune of catching a bad cold this week, so I haven't had the time to put together a real update. I have finished building Bahía Roja - the second largest city of Islas Gemas and main town of the island Rubí, and I will try to show that as soon as I can find the time to take some pictures of it. For now, just a teaser from that very place:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Yoman

Looks like a mix of Southern Spain with a few drops of Africa, very interesting. I look forward to see what you produce here.

rooker1

Fantastic Teaser.  I like the park along the canal and Tio Pepe bat is a favourite of mine, although I haven't found a way, yet, to fit it into one of my cities.   ;)

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Madeira aka Constantina

it tells me enough cos it might be well built up. nice work.

bat

A wonderful looking teaser of Bahía Roja! :thumbsup:

sebes

That Waterfront is an absolute jewel. Wonderful Emilin! :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

thundercrack83

Beautiful teaser! Bahía Roja looks fantastic! I can't wait to see more of it!

flame1396

Teaser worked.

Consider me teased.
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Eddie

Quote from: emilin on September 13, 2007, 07:25:37 AM
and I also had the bad fortune of catching a bad cold this week,

Same here. I feel terrible.  /wrrd%&

Get better soon (and me, as well  :P).

iamgoingtoeatyou

Quote from: Eddie on September 21, 2007, 09:18:16 AM
Same here. I feel terrible.  /wrrd%&

Get better soon (and me, as well  :P).

that makes the three of us *sneezes*

thundercrack83

I'm a having a few tough weeks at work ahead of me right now, and I also had the bad fortune of catching a bad cold this week, so I haven't had the time to put together a real update.

Sorry to hear that, my friend. I hope all is well at work and you're feeling better!

emilin

Personal replies:

Yoman: Thanks! That is what I'm going for here, yes.

rooker1: Thank you! Tio Pepe is truly a wonderful BAT.

Madeira: Thanks! I hope you like the rest of the area too.

bat: Thank you so much!

sebes: Thanks a lot! I like it myself, but I do think the waterlevel looks a bit too high, actually.

thundercrack83: Coming right up, sir!

flame1396: Hehe... good.

Eddie: I am better now, thank you very much!

iamgoingtoeatyou: It seems to be that time of year all around the globe, hehe...

Bahía Roja - downtown area

First out: I'm sorry for being so quiet... both when it comes to updates and commenting on other journals and forum threads. Unfortunatly that is the way it's going to be for a while longer. I am completely swamped with work and other real life stuff. So there will be a lot of silence on my part for the coming time. I have a few updates waitning to be published, and I will try to space them out with 1-2 weeks in between them. I will try to find the time to read as much of other peoples work as I possibly can, but don't expect more than the occational comment. Once again: sorry about that!

Now on to the proper update. We are now making a jump to a completely different island: Rubí. The main city/town is called Bahía Roja, which simply means "red bay", It houses 60-70.000 people, making it the second city of Islas Gemas after Santiago de Zafiro. Today we take a tour of the central areas of the city:

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

iamgoingtoeatyou

excellent update emilin, thank you for the inspiration :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

The downtown pictures are very good, nice w2w and some taller modern buildings mixed in. I like the plaza with the church on the waterfront and the port for cruise ships in that central location.
I assume the surroundings are not yet finished? Because now the built up area stops quite abruptly.