• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaper

:o :o   AMAZING 

I love your industrial area ...

Good job, and wonderful images  &apls

emilin

Stop. Hammer time.

To celebrate a traditional Swedish midsummer you will need the following:

1. Pickled herring (to be served with potatoes, spring onion and sour cream):

2. Strawberries:

3. Something to drink:

4. A fallic pole covered in leafs and flowers for the children to dance around (very appropriate).

5. A guy with a guitar who is to drunk to remember anything but Sweet Home Alabama and Knocking on Heaven's door.

6. A cd with the essential music (that the drunk guy can't remember), including Små Grodorna (goes "koackackackkoackackackkoackackackackack" it's TRUE!), and Jag Trivs Bäst I Öppna Landskap (goes "Då bränner jag mitt brännvin själv och kryddar med Johannesört" roughly translated "I make my own booze and season it with a psychedelic herb", also very appropriate for the little ones).

7. Some more to drink.

8. Rubber boots (to keep from stepping in the vomit left by the lake shore by local teenagers ("motorburen ungdom").

9. Somewhere to pass out.

10. A night cap.

Have a wonderful weekend everybody. See you next week!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Snaper

What I prefer more :
  :P

Of cause, one should not misuse it  $%Grinno$%

glepet

It's the strawberries for me. I'm not big on hard liquor. Ok, marguerita's are fine.
By the way, nice cabin by the water.

HabLeUrG

thundercrack83

I think I'll pass on the pickled herring, but I'll definitely say, "Yes!" to the liquor! Happy summer, my friend! Hope you're enjoying it!

Air6

I work in a Ikea store in France, and we also celebrate the Swedish summer. Have a good weekend my friend.

bat

That's a nice picture (from sc4)! ;)

Yoman

Xiziz has been telling me about this, though I'm pretty sure he brought along more liquor :P

rooker1

Wow....a summer party, eh?  I have one of those every weekend in the summer with about that much alcohol, lol.
Great cottage by the lake, and the boat dock look great as well.

Have a great summer.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sebes

Kruskovac!!!!!

*heading for midsummer night party at Emilins*
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Pat

Ohhhhhh yea emilin that is what im screaming that looks great...
are you going MC Hammer on us LoL?? so whens the party again?

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

flame1396

I love fish... but I think I'd pass on the pickled herring.  &mmm

Those strawberries look so tasty!
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

emilin

Personal replies:

Yoman: Thanks for commenting! And as far as I know the alcohol consumtion on midsummers eve in Sweden is about four times an average weekend, so I'm sure he did bring a lot. We're barbarians here in Scandinavia. :)

HabLeUrG: Thank you so much! I'm sure you noticed that I used your low wealth lots now, for the first time. They work excellent.

thundercrack83: Thanks! And you shouldn't be put off be the herring. It's actually very nice. And "pickled herring" should by no means be confused with "jeested herring" - an abomination consumed by people living in the north of Sweden that is, quite litterarily "rotten fish". ;D

Berethor: Thank you! I am especially happy to here that you like the industrial area. I really do enjoy building those.

patfirefghtr: Thank you so much! I hope you like the next one too. And the party already happened, last friday. ;D Midsummer is an old tradition in Sweden - it is basically about celebrating the longest day of the year.

Shadow Assassin: Thanks! Duely noted about the highways. I'll see what I can do about that.

Strechnitz: Than you! And yes, the trick is to NOT put a police station, a firestation, a school, and a hospital, etc. in every village. Some of the people will just have to go to the next village for what they need. :)

flame1396: Thanks! And I have to compliment you on getting the most absurd avatar I ave ever seen. lol. :D

Owen Luby: Thank you and welcome to Islas Gemas! I'm very honoured that you like my work - I certainly enjoy yours very much too.

kwakelaar: Thanks for those comments. The terrain is basically forcing me to build a lot of small towns rather than some big cities, but I do enjoy it very much. It makes a higher level of detail realistic to maintain than if I was going for one big metropolis.

Pikatchoum: Thank you so much, Pikatchoum!

Snaper: Thanks! But, sadly it's all gone now. :satisfied:

glepet: Hehe... I guess you are right in principal. But, we Scandinavians are barbarians, as noted in the answer to Yoman.

Air6: Thank you, Air! I was so sad to hear about the demise of Desert Ofalla. I really hope you'll start something new really soon.

bat: Thanks! It was kind of an experiment so I'm glad you enjoyed it. I was trying to figure out how to control the "beach"-levels of the Olympic mod when I made that.

rooker1: Not A summer party THE summer party, mind you.

sebes: To late, but you are welcome next year!

Paloma - upscale beachsites and hotels

I survived midsummers eve, and am now back in the city again. Nothing broken, and nobody got arrested. ;D

It's now time to start having a look at the resort towns on the south coast of Zafíro. This is the main area for charter tourists from northern Europe. Tourism is the main source of income for Islas Gemas these days, and the hotels and resorts stretch for miles and miles along the beaches.

Paloma is very much a pure resort town. You will have a hard time finding anyone who isn't a tourist or working in the toursim industry at all. Hotels, beaches, entertainment, and time share apartments is what it's all about.

Paloma is the smaller, and more upscale, counterpart to the neighbouring resort Playa del Paraíso that we will examine in updates to come. But we will probably spend 1-2 more updates here first.

First out are the beachsites with the old lighthouse (one of the few buildings older than 20 years in this area), the main beach entrance site and the luxury hotels closest to that area.

BlackwaterEmil's inn

Air6

Since several days the weather in France is capricious  &mmm

But when I see this update, you bring the sun in my home. Thanks.

I can't wait to see more.

thundercrack83

Those beaches are absolutely magnificent! Some of the most realistic looking beaches I've ever seen! And I love all the hotels and beach homes, too. It definitely gives the feeling of a resort town. Great job!

I survived midsummers eve, and am now back in the city again. Nothing broken, and nobody got arrested.

That's good news, as well!

flame1396

All this eye-candy is giving me eye-cavities
The most astounding and unique aspect of the human race is our fervent application of our ingenuity to kill each other, thus completely defying the near-universally proven fact that the ultimate goal of a member of a species is to ensure the survival of the species.

Badsim

Wow , a splendid update , emilin .... :o

Your sea front , beaches and underwater lanscape are breathtaking . They are looking like where I live , except for the desert terrain mod . :D

I don't exactely undestand how you do to get a such natural result (Lots ? Ploppable sand ? Both ? ) but your mastery on this subject is impressive .

Nice to see Tjibaou Center again , another old BAT now ... ;) and great volley-beach courts ( Is it your work to use the market banner as net ?) .

Yeah ... splendid .  :thumbsup:&apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

emilin

Quote from: Badsim on June 26, 2007, 11:42:08 AM
I don't exactely undestand how you do to get a such natural result (Lots ? Ploppable sand ? Both ? ) but your mastery on this subject is impressive .

Nice to see Tjibaou Center again , another old BAT now ... ;) and great volley-beach courts ( Is it your work to use the market banner as net ?) .

The beaches are basically just modified sand lots. Then I plop trees and underwater flora all over the place. Since the lots are very slope conforming they fit on most surfaces which helps create the "dune effect". Plopable sand would be a GREAT idea, in my opinion (expecially since the beach lots are sensitive to the "water surface bug"). I sure hope someone makes some! ;D

The volley ball courts aren't my creation at all. They came with a pack I downloaded from Capital SimCity called "Ciudades de Vacaciones". It's a very creative sollution though.

BlackwaterEmil's inn

Eddie

Shamed to admit it, but I had never noticed this MD until now (I was curious after you commented my MD). Now all I can do is look back 20 pages and try to catch up with this "Classic" MD.

But from what I've seen here on the last page, you make the most beautiful beaches!