• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Blackwater (with Islas Gemas)

Started by emilin, January 25, 2007, 10:56:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Travis

That airport looks great emilin, I'll be building my first custom airport soon, yours will be a good source of inspiration.  :)

I'll be watching for more.  :thumbsup:

EDIT: Welcome to page 21!  :)

sebes

Emilin, your airport rocks. Is just as I would imagine an airport for you island.  Your runways look fine, and the terminal building is awesome. &apls   Where did you find that???
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Badsim

I love that airport , emilin , excellent LotEditing on these unusual BATs to represent it ... :thumbsup: &apls  &apls  &apls

I'm less convinced by the global view ... the shore along this airport now looks too artificial to be natural , or too natural to be artificial . I can't choose ...  ::)
I think that's a pity , because the shore and landscape on these views were just ... divine . ;)

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Yoman

Hmm, those runways need to be ended with some end pieces, I'm not sure if there are any without some taxiways though, if not try adding some of those jet blast areas (tarmac with Yellow Vs) behind them. Very nice airport though :D I trust there won't be any accidents like the tenerife disaster though :S

hogs29

That airport looks a lot like Westchster County Airport close to me.
Excellent job with it, and the terraforming you did in that region around the airport looks fantastic! :thumbsup:
T.J.

"Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake."
- Napoleon Bonaparte

thundercrack83

Your airport is magnificent, my friend! I love the peninsula that it's built on, too! The terminal and the runways look like they've been built with the utmost precision. Keep up the fantastic work!

bat

A wonderful airport you have there! Great overview! Like the mountain! :thumbsup:

Rayden

Quote from: sebes on June 10, 2007, 01:17:21 PM
Emilin, your airport rocks. Is just as I would imagine an airport for you island.  Your runways look fine, and the terminal building is awesome. &apls   Where did you find that???

One part of the terminal was made from this train station, the other part, I've seen that building but can't remember where.

Nice work Emilin, very well done. Just one small advise, don't clutter things to much much. For example all the spots taken by planes, all of them loading/unloading passengers, all of them with buses waiting, all the hangars with one plane parked outside. You understand what I mean, don't you?  :thumbsup: &apls

emilin

Personal replies:

Travis: Thank you and good luck with your airport. Oh, and a big thanks for hitting #400 comments too. Yay!

sebes: Thank you. One of the terminal buildings are linked by RayDen further down, the other one is the Hiroshima trainstation by NOB, and a little editing to the lots.

Badsim: I hate it when you are right.  :D It was supposed to look like the land was reclaimed for the airport something like 20-30 years ago, but you do have a point. To natural to be artificial is probably the issue, or the other way around. Problem is that the edge of the city tile makes the terrain rather hard to terraform naturally. I'm not even sure I can solve it, but I will definatly give it a try. I don't consider this airport finished at this point. I will return to it. Probably not soon, but eventually. Reterraforming the peninsula is now officially on the to-do-list.

Yoman: Good points. I think there are some pieces that aren't really endpieces, but would probably close it off a little better. I will look into that.

hogs29: Thank you so much. I would love to see that airport.

thundercrack83: Thanks a bunch, thundercrack!

bat: Thanks! I love the mountain too. All creds for that will have to go to HabLeUrG though.

Rayden: Thanks! And yes, I do understand. All of those are individual lots downloaded directly from the STEX which pretty much makes them show up everything all at once or not at all. But that can probably be easily solved by some editing. As I said earlier: this airport isn't really finished. I'm going to return to it at a later stage, and I will probaly make some custom lots for the hangars and gates too then.

A very small celebration with a very big picture

I haven't prepared anything for #400 comments but here is the first fullsized region shot of Islas Gemas. Remember that this is a 10x10 large tile region before you click the link (just a piece of advice if you have a slow connection ;D )

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

urban

:thumbsup: yeah I love region shoots,

the region looks amazing, I like how you put the flora :)

congratulations for over 400comments and over 4000views

david

probably the best tropical forests Pat Riot
the jungle and the seaside resorts are looking spectacular kwakelaar
such stunning and natural tropical sceneries iamgoingtoeatyou
Walker's Island

Air6

The region shot is just insane. It's so realistic. Great work. Bravo :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

I like the airport and the terminal building, although I live only 6 km from Schipol I don't know that much about how they should look, but to me this looks fine.

The region view is fantastic and I think I saw some kind of resort-like areas on the south coast. Yohoo, time go looking for the speedo's  &smrt

thundercrack83

Quote from: Air6 on June 11, 2007, 12:54:49 PM
The region shot is just insane. It's so realistic. Great work. Bravo :thumbsup:

I concur. Those islands are absolutely beautiful, my friend! Also, congratulations on 400 comments!

Strechnitz

Hi Emilin,

That airport is superb! the region shot is a delight to look at. very nice how you position the structure on a manmade protrusion in the coastline. The airport itself is a very good lot. not insanely big as some custom airports. the dimensions look very realistic. and your choice for the hiroshima station is very tastefull.  :thumbsup:

I look forward to more  :)

Strechnitz

Shadow Assassin

Looks great, the region view.

But I see a problem. The land in that bay to the south's all dry. I blame it on the Water Graphics Bug. :P
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

Snaper

These are still superb images that you show us, emilin  &apls

... I have a blow of heart ( sorry for my english, I'll say "Coup de coeur"  &ops) for the first image, which is for me the beautiful one in this update  :thumbsup:

Bravo  &apls

kimcar

:thumbsup: Nice airport that you have done . I like the building you use for it . Great layout too.  :thumbsup:

Yoman

Quote from: hogs29 on June 10, 2007, 09:10:58 PM
That airport looks a lot like Westchster County Airport close to me.
Excellent job with it, and the terraforming you did in that region around the airport looks fantastic! :thumbsup:

Thats the closest airport to me also!

And Emilin, awesome shot, hope you had a fun national sweden day, I know xiziz did :P

emilin

Quote from: Yoman on June 12, 2007, 02:43:31 PM
hope you had a fun national sweden day, I know xiziz did :P

Actually, it passed me by for the most. It's not like we have all that much to celebrate being such an old nation and all. I'm not prefectly sure what it is we do celebrate either. I think it's either the coronation of Gustaf Vasa (a 14th century king that centralized Sweden became a protestant) or some version of a constitution written in the 1800s. It's days like this I wish I was American (or Norweigian for that matter) so I would actually celebrate something I care about.

I did, however, very much enjoy the national soccer team beating Iceland to a bloody pulp with 5-0!!!

Go Marcus Allbäck! Go! Go! Go!

BlackwaterEmil's inn
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ dedgren
♦ Emilin ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦
papab2000 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

HabLeUrG

Thats a realy realistic airport, excellent work  &apls