• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your...Intersections

Started by sanantonio, January 23, 2007, 05:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gurning_Chimp

Quote from: Death50 on November 20, 2011, 07:08:44 PM
I downloaded the new RHW, and can't for the life of me find the RHW3 bridges, where are they and how do I make them?

Also I'm liking the pictures a lot guys

Have you tried dragging the Real Highway?

GDO29Anagram

I downloaded the new RHW, and can't for the life of me find the RHW3 bridges, where are they and how do I make them?

Are you talking about the RHW-6S (Three lanes per direction over the span of two tiles plus however many blank tiles there are in the median), the RHW-6C (Three lanes per direction over the span of three tiles), or the RHW-3 (Two lanes in one direction and one lane in the other over the span of one tile)?

Because none of them are available.

-----
Or are you talking about the Elevated RHWs for the 6S and 6C?

If so, their starters are in the tab ring for the starters, and their respective Ground-to-El transitions and On-slope Pieces are in the Transitions tab ring.

(There's only one ramp interface for only the L2 6S, and it's the L2 6S D1 Ramp.)
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

jdenm8

There aren't any RHW-3 bridges.
The only bridges included in the RHW are:
RHW-2 Large Concrete Beam
RHW-2 Steel Under-Arch (Small Steel Arch)
RHW-4 Large Concrete Beam
RHW-4 Steel Under-Arch (Small Steel Arch)
DDRHW-4 Concrete Viaduct

With a Dual RHW-4 Large Suspension Bridge available as a separate Download.

That's it.

There are:
RHW-2 Small Concrete Beam (Don't know of any pics of this one)
RHW-2 Concrete Viaduct
Dual RHW-4 Large Arch (Sydney Harbour)
RHW-4 Concrete Viaduct
RHW-6S Concrete Under Arch (The one MRTNRLN showed)
MIS Concrete Viaduct
ERHW-2 Concrete Viaduct
ERHW-4 Concrete Viaduct
EMIS Concrete Viaduct
Bridges in development and not released for one of two reasons. Either we do not have written permission from the Creator (Who is usually Choco, even though we suspect Choco wouldn't mind) and/or they are not upto Project 0E standards (Or in some cases RHW 5.0 or RHW 4.0 Standards, most were made when RHW 3.0 was current and have the texture baked in).

EDIT: Unless you mean the new ERHWs. Look up for those.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Death50

Quote from: GDO29Anagram on November 20, 2011, 07:14:59 PM

Are you talking about the RHW-6S (Three lanes per direction over the span of two tiles plus however many blank tiles there are in the median), the RHW-6C (Three lanes per direction over the span of three tiles), or the RHW-3 (Two lanes in one direction and one lane in the other over the span of one tile)?

Because none of them are available.

-----
Or are you talking about the Elevated RHWs for the 6S and 6C?

If so, their starters are in the tab ring for the starters, and their respective Ground-to-El transitions and On-slope Pieces are in the Transitions tab ring.

(There's only one ramp interface for only the L2 6S, and it's the L2 6S D1 Ramp.)

But i'm confused in pictures of the new RHW I see people building the three lanes each directions over three lanes each direction. and i do the tab thing and go through them and none show up, and I've used RHW for a while now so I'm not new to it.

jdenm8

Have you installed NAM 30? It's a dependency of RHW 5.0 and NAM 29 will not allow RHW 5.0 to work correctly.

Death50

I'm pretty sure, I've have the last two RHW installed, and when the new one comes out i just install the new one.

Also I read the guide and the new off/on ramp that you plop down then add an elevated ramp to raise it, shows up in the guide. It's why I'm wondering where the piece for elevated RHW6C or whatever it's called are.

Tarkus

Elevated RHW-6C and RHW-6S starter pieces are in the Starter Pieces TAB Loop, just before the Filler Pieces.  There's also transitions from their ground-level counterparts in the Transitions menu, after the ERHW-2 transitions.

-Alex

DAB_City

I've nicknamed this the "Quad-Dumbell". Local access can be added by dragging streets/road inside the junction. Dunno about any major advantages or disadvantages yet, apart from all-round connection, high capacity and reduced space... The initial concept was by EosEs, thanks for the inspiration!

This took me about an hour, but it messed up my Timbuktu region in the process... Oh well, time to move on! Let me know what you think. :-[

Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

Terring7

"The wisest men follow their own direction" Euripides
The Choice is Ours
---
Simtropolis Moderator here. Can I help? Oh, and you can call me Elias (my real name) if you wish.

EsoEs

Err, what about some love for me DAB_City? :(

solovinodelmal

Cool junctions everyone!  &apls

Here's what I've worked on over the weekend, not exactly what I had in mind at first (I was going for a spaguetti one) but after trying and reviewing, and a lot, and I mean a lot of rebuilding on sloping ground (damn you RHW stability!), this is what I got:

feel free to click on image for detail

Cheers!

Ol.S / Benoit

I like it. Even if this is not perfect, there is a great idea in this intersection. Very inspiring.
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

noahclem

Very ambitions trying to connect 5 roads in one intersection! The result you've achieved is quite impressive  :thumbsup:

Haljackey

RHW Overload! Awesome work solovinodelmal!

DAB_City

Quote from: EsoEs on November 21, 2011, 01:40:47 PM
Err, what about some love for me DAB_City? :(

Sorry, how could I forget! Thanks for the inspiration  &idea
Hello SimCity Devotees! If you want to find out more about me, why not visit my profile? Free drinks and biscuits, if that would tempt anyone ;)

http://www.simtropolis.com/forum/user/360022-dab-city/

solovinodelmal

Thanks for your comments guys.

Hal, I'm a big fan of your work, thanks for the inspiration.  :thumbsup:

Hey DAB_City, I actually live 3 blocks away from the Glorieta Minerva, the roundabout filler you used on your Quad-Dumbell, I keep suffering its weaving problem very often! ;D

Original

Couple of ACCIDENTAL intersections that I made... but I happened to like them. Therefore I never changed them (:

I have no idea how I created this one, but it's a favorite. It's completely functional too!  :thumbsup:

This one I made by accident too! I was trying to use as less space as possible to create the round about. In the process, I created an avenue in one tile on both the left and right sides of the round about and instantly connected a road to it. It immediately turned into a transition... Which look like slip lanes. Which is more realistic to me than other tile piece connecting to the round abouts!  ;D

GDO29Anagram

Quote from: Original on November 22, 2011, 07:58:55 PM
Couple of ACCIDENTAL intersections that I made... but I happened to like them. Therefore I never changed them (:

Looks like a bunch of RUL quirks.

The first was from dragging Road or Street into a 90-deg AVE-4 bend, but instead found its way into the AVE-4 full T-intersection.

The second one (and yes, even I have found this) was a side-effect of making AVE-4's draggable into the TLA-5. The same happens with the RHW-2 to AVE-4 transition.
<INACTIVE>
-----
Simtropolis | YouTube | MLP Forums

Death50

Alright maybe i'm seriously missing something (must be for it not to show), but I re-downloaded the new NAM and RHW, installed, and I still don't get the new stuff. Only the new textures.

And I know for a fact I'm not over looking pieces, I've tabbed and rotated all pieces. They're not there, so I am certain I am missing something, but i don't get what. Is there a file outside of the NAM and RHW I'm over looking?

If I could get some direct links that would be great. Sorry to be a bother with this on this thread but since i already mentioned and got some help here, figured it made sense to make one last post about it here.

jdenm8

There isn't an old version of the NWM Controller knocking around in your plugins folder is there?