• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

WEST END

Started by paroch, September 01, 2007, 03:12:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sebes

And once again the crowd went bezerk....

The Legion and the NNVB-officials are very proud to have made it to here, and play the finals in the NRG Stadium. Of course Fursan FC has the advantage of having played all games until now in that Stadium, the large and overwhelming Legion will probably outyell the Nedalezz suporters in that large stadium. One thing is for sure: normal life in Nieuw Amsterdam, and probably most of the Dutch America's will come to stand still Friday, when everybody will be watching this game on national television.

So far today for the competition: back to Regent. The 5 pics you show are a good choice. I love St Dagmars church. And, as these are the numbers 10-6 only, I can only imagine how nice the numbers 5-1 will be. In fact, I think to know 3 of the pics that you will be showing there - and wonder of your number 1 shot from Regent will be mine too.  :satisfied: 

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Jmouse

You chose the highlights well, Paul. All are lovely and bring back pleasant memories of days gone by in Regent.
And I know what you mean about spending a lot of time developing a single quad. I get kind of attached to my cities in a way as I watch each one develop a personality of its own. Maybe that's one of the reasons we work so hard at the job of having fun! :D

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Yes, great places there! Congrats to the teams which has won!

Looking forward to number 5 to 1!

sebes

The Blue White Legion is awaiting the start signal of the game between Fursan FC and FC Manhattan in the NRG Stadium in Greater Portland - with full convidence in their team:

GO METS!!

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Silur

Holland for ever - this is my favorite team !
No World Cup - but GREAT FOOTBALL PLAY !!!

paroch

REPLIES:

Sebes:  Your fans have been great - you deserve to be in the final and that's a great stadium shot - good luck!  I wonder which 3 pictures you had in mind - and I hope you like the choice!

Joan: Thanks, your comments hit the nail on the head.  You're always a welcome visitor to West End.

Bat:  Likewise, thanks my friend and good to see you here.

Silur: Welcome to West End - Feel free to visit again.

Welcome to day 16, the final day of the tournament.

There is a really buzzing atmosphere across West End today and the fans have been making plenty of noise and having fun.  The Mets fans have even taken to decorating the staues around Great Portland:

As always one or two have too much to drink and cause trouble.  Luckily the West End police force were quick to identify trouble makers and take them away:

And now over to Sir Bert Microchip for the final of the West End International Trophy

Welcome to the NRG Stadium here in Great Portland.  The stadium is full with 45,000 fans here today.  The fans of FC Manhattan outnumber those from Fursan FC, but both sets are equally passionate for their team.  There are also many fans from across West End and the other regions who took part in the tournament.

Berber Dawa is in the Royal Box and is the guest of the West End government today.

Here is a shot of the stadium and the surrounding area.  Large screens have been erected in the plaza and in the riverside park, so that fans without a ticket can join in the party atmosphere.

The teams walk out to a deafening cheer.  It's clear that the FC Manhattan fans are going to make loads of noise:

The national anthems are played and both teams look tense.

The game starts and both teams are going for it.  The game has a real pace about it as chances are created for both sides.  The first great chance falls to Manhattan in the 12th minute but the Fursan keeper makes a finger tip save and pushes the ball onto the post and out for a corner.
On 25 minutes Fursan carve the Manhattan defence apart and their midfielder Ronaldo is going one on one with the keeper.  The keeper stands tall and Ronaldo shoots left, the keeper gets a touch but the ball bobbles into the net - 1-0 to Fursan.  The Fursan fans go wild.
The rest of the half goes by without any other clear cut chances.
At half time it's still close and all to play for.
Fursan get the second half underway and are straight away on the attack.  They look in control now but Manhattan dig deep and weather the storm.  Despite a few good chances, there is still only one goal in it.  Now Manhattan start to pass the ball around and are making some progress.  The young striker, Van Martins gets the ball on the edge of the box and is brought down - the referee points to the spot -penalty to Manhattan.  Van Martins steps up and shoots but the keeper guesses right and saves it.
And just two minutes later Fursan punish the Mets by scoring from a corner.  2-0 Fursan.
With just 15 minutes remaining the Mets make two substitutions and throw on an additional striker.
It looks as though it could pay off as Manhattan are looking the most dangerous now.  They create chance after chance and put the ball in the net but it is ruled out for offside.
And then with just 4 minutes remaining Fursan hit them on the break and score a third goal.  3-0 Fursan and surely that is it now. 

Manhattan look broken now and have nothing left to give, the referee blows the final whistle and that's it:
Fursan FC  3-0  FC Manhattan

It was a great game and the scoreline is harsh on the Mets.  They hit the post, had a penalty saved and a goal disallowed.  But Amadou Khalilo can be proud of his team.  Up in the royal box Berber Dawa is cheering and clapping and smiling from ear to ear.  This result has put Qumman sport on the SimNations map!

The trophy is awarded by Sir Bert Microchip to Fursan FC

And Nedalezz - with your permission I will also award the trophy within your MD.

So commiserations to sebes.  Your team played bravely and your fans were a joy to have in West End.  There were more fans from Nieuw Amsterdam than any other region.

And congratulations to Nedalezz and Fursan FC - your team took their chances when they needed to and are worthy champions.

Thank you to all who took part - I have really enjoyed putting on the tournament, I hope you have had some enjoyment from it too.

And now, to say goodbye to the tournament, the city of Regent and Of Special Interest of the Month, here are my top 5 pictures from Regent.

Number 5   South Bank Waterfront

This part of South Bank grew to be quite a commercial hub of activity.  I just like the mix of building and the two matching towers.

Number 4   Anthony Haines High School

One of the early pictures from Regent and probably the best school complex I have produced. 

Number 3   Museum Park

The cultural centre of Regent, and arguably West End.  I just like the mix of building here.

Number 2   Martensen Stacks

Thanks to capo's coastline tutorial I tried something a bit different with this.  This is my favourite "natural" piece I've put together.

Number 1   Little Amsterdam

Little Amsterdam seemed so popular with you, that it had to be number 1.  This is my first published mosaic (thank you Joan for your tutorial).  You can see Little Amsterdam station at the top, down through Grolschenstraat, Lindengracht, Lake Capo, Capogracht and Sebes Park.  And Capo, you may even notice the bus mod I installed - London Red Double Deckers (and you still get the Maxis defaults as well).  I think this picture sums up Little Amsterdam living quite well.

I hope you all enjoyed Regent - I have!  I need to do some more development now on another tile before the next update, so

'til next time..... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Ennedi

The final game report is really fantastic! :thumbsup:
I love all pictures too, especially first two with decorated statues and cheerful De Mets fan  :D, Fursan fans with Ghana symbols are also my favourite :thumbsup:

And of course, congratulations for nedalezz and Fursan and also for De Mets and sebes  &apls
Shosaloza players still meditate, our girls still train soccer - who knows what will happen next time? ;)

Great tournament, great atmosphere and great West End promotion during all this special month! &apls

Your Top five is really very good, and well deserved first place for Little Amsterdam. West End not only looks good, it is also alive and full of very good ideas &apls

I will visit you with pleasure in future too :)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

sebes

Congratulations Fursan FC and Nedalezz. It was an exiting game, and a spectacle to watch. Unfortunately de Mets had some tough luck against them....

As "Mighty Man" Mark van Martin missed the penalty it was clear that the game would not be ours..

Also the fans back home in Nieuw Amsterdam realized that:

And of course, some elements in town started making troubles, as here on Roosevelt Dreef.

So Paul, if you ever organize a football event again, be sure to invite De Mets again!

Regarding your best shots for Regent: I had three different ones in mind : Grolschenstraat (south), The railjunction (near Central Station) and Central Market.  But your selection is great too, so we can just conclude that you presented us the best of all in this month.

And - thanks for getting the chance to be part of that all as well.

If I ever get my act together and start an MD about my region Nieuw Amsterdam I will dedicate an update to this tournament.

Thanks  :thumbsup:

Sebes.

Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

nedalezz

Qumma has given an extended weekend in celebration of its history victory in West End, and also sends its congratulations to "de Mets" for a great run and heck of a game. Berber Dawa has promised ample rewards for his victorious boys, and a glorious parade upon their return home to Fursan.

I loved the school compound, very well done. The way you molded your MD, with a football updates and then pictures and information was a work of art. It really was a great month of entertainment. I dont remember ever checking a single MD so many times a day in anticipation of the next update!

That Ghana picture was incredddiiiblllle! I agree with Ennedi, it really was my favorite, and it made my day!

Ofcourse you have permission to present the trophy on my MD. Congratulations on a fantastic tournament!

Jmouse

Congratulations to the Fursan team for a fine performance. Berber Dawa and nedalezz have every right to enjoy a special celebration with them. :thumbsup: (Now aren't you glad I nagged you a little bit?! ;)) It looks like every team won at least one game (correct me if I'm wrong), and if so, that's great!
Once again you chose your photos well, Paul. Every one is a winner and the mosaic looks terrific. :thumbsup: I'll miss Regent, but I'm sure there's a lot more to come.
And even though all the November OSITMs will turn back into pumpkins at midnight, Cinderella has already proved it's just the beginning of something better! :)

Until next time...
Joan

bokrif

Congratulations to the Fursan team! Such a great accomplishment from a small nations' team.

tooheys

Quote from: paroch on November 28, 2007, 01:33:38 PM
Dave:  ......  You're one of the few posters who tells me where I'm making mistakes - but always in a constructive way that helps me improve my city building (so I do appreciate it).

With the demise of the Mariners, I'll be scrutinising especially hard now  %BUd% (only kidding)

Last couple of updates have been great. The school complex and cultural centre are nicely compiled and the
mosaic of Little Amsterdam, &apls &apls

And congrats to Fursan  :thumbsup:

Cheers

Dave

bat

Wonderful new pictures there! And great top 5 places there! Also fantastic work on the high school area and Little Amsterdam!

Congrats to Fursan FC!

tkirch

Been gone awhile on official unofficial business.  WOW I made it further than expected.

CONGRATULATIONS TO FURSAN FC

Love the new pictures.  I particularly love Anthony HAines High School.  That is the way a school should look.
And I also am very fond of the Museum Park.

paroch

REPLIES:

Ennedi:  Thanks for your kind words.  I think of you as one of the MD Gurus, so to get such encouragement from you is much appreciated.

Sebes:  It broke my heart to write that report :-[. You've been such a great supporter of the tournament that it was a harsh result.  And your choice of top 3 was also good!  I don't plan another tournament just yet - although if West End survives I guess there will be a follow up.
I look forward to your MD - I have a feeling it would be a special one.

Nedalezz:  Well, congratulations on the win  &apls - you were also a fantastic supporter of the tournament, so I'm glad it went to one of you!  And thanks for the kind words.  I have to admit I did enjoy the time in OSITM.  I know I also owe you naming rights of some future sites in West End - I will PM you on that subject.

Joan:  Chief Recruiterteermeister!  It wouldn't have happened without you - thanks.  The only teams not to win a game were Regent Royal, Wardouroda (my teams!) and Devotion All Stars (the one I made up for the SC4D team!)  I'm missing Regent too - I put a lot into it!  And good comment re pumpkins!

BoKriF:  Thanks for your visit - and thanks for your PM re establishing an embassy.

Tooheys (Dave):  LOL, scruitinise away my friend.  Whenever  I build a sea wall that is not quite level I can hear you in my head saying "well, that's not right is it!"

Bat:  Thanks - and congrats on your OSITM award!

Tkirch:  Cheers and thanks for the comments re the school - maybe I should enter it in the picture comp and see what happens!

UPDATE 12.

Well, I have to say that providing very regular updates during the football tournament was quite tiring.  So I've had a little rest.  I spent so much time on the Regent tile that I have struggled to concentrate on one tile since.  I keep flitting between Oxford (the capital), finishing the gaps in Great Portland and starting a new large farming/rural tile called Cavendish.

I'll need to decide exactly where to concentrate, but in the meantime, here are a few pics from Oxford:

12.01  Tennis Centre

And closer in:
12.02  Tennis Centre

The idea was for a kind of mini-Wimbledon!  And don't worry, I'm not about to run a tennis tournament!  But hey, who knows what might happen in future!

12.03  Consulate of Qumma

Following Fursan FC's stunning win in the West End International Tournament and ongoing political discussions, Qumma have become the first nation to open a consulate in West End, here in Oxford.  This is a replica of the Presidential Manor in Fursan and was designed and built by Qumma's finest craftsmen.  I'm sure you'll hear more about the consulate in future updates.

12.04  Proposed Diplomatic Zone

The West End government is keen to establish political and diplomatic ties with other MDs/CJs/Regions.  It has set aside an area of the city to house the various embassies and consulates that it hopes to be built. 
West End formally invites Mayors/Governments to submit their proposal for an embassy or consulate here in West End.
Please just send a PM letting me know which building/Lot you'd like to represent your Region and I'll do my best to build it here.  I think this will make this corner of West End very multi-cultural and a possible interesting mix of building styles!

So, I look forward to receiving your embassy comments!

'til next time..... $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Jmouse

Hey Paul, I was wondering which of the recent OSITM authors would come out of hiding first! ::) Guess everyone's a little tired out. /wrrd%& **Snores loudly**
I really like the idea of a diplomatic sector and have an idea I'll PM tomorrow. Qumma's Embassy looks great in its place of honor next to the garden.
Meanwhile you continue to do a great job. I expect December will be bit a bit sparse what with college finals, mid-terms, Christmas and other seasonal celebrations afoot, but I'm sure things will pick up after everyone sleeps off New Years Eve!

Until next time...
Joan

bat

Quote from: paroch on December 05, 2007, 03:03:12 PM
(...)
Bat:  (...) and congrats on your OSITM award!
(...)
Thank you! ;)

Fantastic pictures of the tennis stadium and consulate of Qumma! Wonderful work on that! :thumbsup:

nedalezz

Im loving the Qumman Embassy! Great choice for a building; the Qumman Ambassador will feel right at home. Its an honour to beginning diplomatic relations with West End.

As for the update, as usual, great pics, great info, and great organization. The diplomatic quarter is fantastic idea, I totally agree with Joan.

tkirch

Another greta update.

The Tennis Complex ....  Do I sense the West End Tennis Open around the corner.  Bjorn Borg vs Ivan Lendl and Jimmy Conners vs Jim McEnroe.  And Ann Kournakova in the stands next to me of course!

capo

Awesome update my friend! I love the big tennispark, even though you say there will be no tennis tournament...the top tennis player from Biroud 'Roger Featherer' is practicing very hard. The fame that the VV Biroud players received when they came home seems to be a big stimuli for other athletes.

The consulates are an awesome idea and I really like how the proposed diplomatic zone looks, the building even looks like an embassy! I'd be honored to have a Biroud embassy in your city, I will get to work asap for an apropriate embassy building.

As always, excellent and creative work. It's not just the pictures that makes this MD an interesting one, it's the things that happen in your city that makes this MD so great. Keep it up my friend!

The complete history of Evergem ->My Mayor Diary <-
Come and visit Paroch Plein!