• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Lexington County

Started by amapper, August 30, 2007, 05:13:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paroch

Two really great updates there.  The farming areas are done very well.  I like that big farm with different generations working on it.  And the trasnition from farms to town is a difficult one to pull off, I feel that you've done it right.

The Ponds is a nice development as well, can imagine it being a nice place to live, work and shop.

kwakelaar

The retail and distribution centre from a few updates back is a very nice creation. Looking huge and quite realistic, and your transport networks are another interesting part of your updates.

nedalezz

The Bog looks fantastic, and the shots with the irrigation canals are really nice. I cant wait to see more off The Ponds, the way the residential developments have been made by you are very creative!

amapper

I'm sorry for the delay in getting an update out, but as usual I get short of time. I really do appreciate all your comments and support. Thank you!!

Update 24:

nedalezz

Those warehouses are spectacular! My guess is that you BAT them yourself...but man, wow. The Aviation Logistics Center looks great.

sebes

Man you rock! The industrial parks shown in this MD are absolutely the best - ever  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

amapper

Update 25:

TopCliff

Great use of that antenna. Maybe it will grow to be a whole range of towers for communications. I could totally see three of those around that area. Anyways, later dude.
Best movie of all time: Ferris Bueller's Day Off. If you disagree, Cameron will send your car over a cliff.

Please, call me Leo.  I quote John Lennon now, a great musician and philosopher. Particularly, one of his songs: You may say I'm a dreamer. But I'm not the only one. I hope someday you join us, and the world will live as one.

paroch

The airport and surrounding industrials are looking magnificent.

I like the way you use the airport terminal buildings to create such large warehouses.  Unless you've already copyrighted the idea I think I may have to adopt that approach when it comes to my distribution centres in future ;)

Great job.

bat

Great industrial park there next to the wonderful airport!
Looking forward to more...

NASCAR_Guy

Nice city,reminds me of a miniature Richmond Virginia
Show us what you look like http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=1142.0

Just call me Dave

amapper

It's good to be back from holiday and do an update. I must be rusty
though as I messed up the replies first go around. Here is the correct
ones.

Update 26:

Pat

fantastic last few updates here and Love the industrials you have been doing!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

thundercrack83

Beautiful update, my friend! It seems that I've missed a few of them here lately, sorry about that!

This latest update looks great, though. The farms, the office complex--they look fantastic. My favorite pary is the creek that you have running through. It looks very realistic.

Keep up the good work!

Dustin

warconstruct

splendid  &apls I like much your city and your beach!

there is much greenery what returns living your city in this nature  ;)

I am in a hurry to see your continuation !
Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

Earth quake

Splendid. &apls
It is simply superb, the rivers which passes in your city gives him a tremendous number of charm, I aodre.
Also of what creator are the new flats on picture n°6?

CasperVg

Wonderful work! I don't really like the grayish road texture, but that's your taste. I like the suburban officespace you've created, very realistic. I like the usage of an embanked highway aswell. Keep on!
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

bat

Windsor is looking very nice, amapper!
And great overview of Lexington!
Looking forward to the next update...

sebes

Lovely pictures Amapper - everything is just briljant: from the large warehouses near the airport, to the rivershores in the suburbs, and the beach and promenade in Windsor... 

Thanks for the region pictures showing Greater Lexington - Love it  :satisfied:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

paroch

Hey, that is a very good update.  Love the way the river meanders through the landscape.  It's nice to see such a relaistic in-game water river.  The vogue seems to be to use the TPW (myself included) so it's good to see what can be achieved with what Maxis gave us!

The beach looks good - nice addition to the town.

the Aspen Village Condos have always been a favourite of mine and they fit nicely here.

My only suggestion/comment would be that given the location, I'm surprised the houses that sit next to the golf course aren't more "upmarket".

The golf course itself looks superb - and that office complex around the lake is also great.

The overviews show us just what a great job you've done with Lexington so far - luckily it looks like you've still got plenty of room to grow into - great, more updates :thumbsup:

Paul