• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sober

Ennedi you devil, you! Congrats for getting behind those pearly white gates!  &apls

figui

congratulations for your promotion  &apls
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Jmouse

Congrats on your well-deserved promotion. Hope you understand we'll be expecting huge updates daily. But don't worry, I'm sure you can handle it! :thumbsup:

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Congratulations on the Special Interest status for October, Ennedi! I can't wait to see what you've got planned for us this month!

tooheys

Congrats on the move to OSITM.

I've just had alook at some of your recent work with the mountain raod. Exceptional stuff, there is a lot to learn here and the
promotion is well deserved.  &apls

Cheers

Dave

meldolion

Congratulations for the Award!!! :thumbsup:

keep up the good work :)

beskhu3epnm

Excellent reply (to me) Ennedi,

You are 100% correct, the modding and mapping aspect leaves me very little time to play regions. For someone of your talent to showcase what modders do is the highest compliment! Shosaloza was originally my map (searh Mount Robson on the STEX) modified by Colyn.

Changing terrain textures, and properties is an exercise in trial and error, as you will soon find out. The best part about it is that you can have the terrain do exactly what you want it to, as far as textures are concerned. The first time you look at the properties, it can seem overwhelming.

Once you master LE, nothing will be able to stop you from having the best MD's

Take care, and if an whenever you are ready to dig in to the exemplars, let me know!

Travis

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

Ennedi

Hello my friends,

David, Robin, Pat, bat, Derry, Mariusz, Travis, amapper, Sober, figui, Joan, thundercrack83, Dave (tooheys), meldolion, Travis (beskhu3epnm) - thank you all for your nice words! I must say I'm a bit surprised of this award and especially of such great feedback!

So, if you all look at this MD, I should prepare something interesting - and it isn't easy!
OK, I have something  ;D, but first some special replies:

@amapper: thank you, I will show how I made this dam. It wasn't very difficult, my main tools were Hole Digging Lots and bones1 slope mod.
I didn't document this work, but fortunately I have an additional Shosaloza (test region, a big part of it badly damaged during experiments  :D) and I will try to show you the main points of the building process.

@beskhu3epnm: Yes, I have some questions for you, next week I would like to prepare some examples of various terrain mods on the same terrain. I want to observe how particular textures work and then I will send you a PM.
Thank you for your support, it is very important for me!  :thumbsup:

Shosaloza is divided into a few districts - I haven't time to prepare a map, but I will do it in the near future. One of them is Oshima.
As I said at the beginning of this MD, many immigrants from various countries came to Shosaloza long time ago. Many of them were from Japan, they established a few fishing villages (now they are small towns) at the seashore, on both sides of the strait.
The Oshima district consists of three towns: Aomori on the north side of the strait (we will visit it today), Hakodate and Toi on the south side (we will go there next time).
Aomori is a small town, but it lies in the very important place: There are two main cities and the biggest seaport on the West, and the second seaport with a huge shipyard (and the busy commercial city) at the East. In addition, there is a very important connection between the south and north part of the region here: the Akashi Kaikyo bridge.

There is not much place to build - let's see

A small industrial/freight area

The town centre at the cape

The bridge head

...And the road to the East (both highway and the rail line)

If you will look carefully at these pictures (and also next pictures from the city centre), you will see there are exits from the highway to the city on both sides. They are fully functional and ensure the treffic in every needed direction. The freight station enables freight deliveries to the south part of Shosaloza - there is no rail connection with it.

OK, now some closeups for railway - lovers  ;)

Now some closeups from the town centre.
My idea was to combine Japanese and Scandinavian old houses - I was curious of the effect. My knowledge about the growth controlling is not very big and in addition some D66 mountain cabins appeared. What do you think about it?

The rail station, little houses around it and one of two harbours

The harbour

The second harbour, with the Fishermen's Wharf

The roundabout

...And houses - all styles together  :D

The bridge

...And at the end - something for Badsim and everybody who likes a large open space  :)
(I made these pictures 1000x800, but I didn't add the frame and reduced their quality to don't exceed 200KB - but if their size is still too big, please inform me or feel free to reduce it yourself)

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Pat

oooooh WOW Adam simply stunning work here!!!! Im so drolling over your abiltys to build and lay out the area.... Talk about picture perfect quilty product....

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

sebes

No-No-No.... this cannot be true!  Your work is absolutely stunning me. Especially the way how the highway is slowly going upwards on the mountain, along the coast, but most of all: the way how the coast road and the coast railroad are winding along the coast, in such natural curves --- quality! So David was right in giving you this monthly medal !  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

iamgoingtoeatyou

:o! that update is massive and every picture is jawdropping!!!

figui

excellent update  &apls &apls
i admire your transportation layout and how you deal with slopes.
this cape town looks as a paradise to visit
you really deserve the award!
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

stocktons_pimp

bat

A wonderful looking town there! And great work with the highway and railway! :thumbsup:

rooker1

You have always impressed me with your ability to build on this map and terraform without damaging the surroundings too much.  The highway and bridges look very good and the little towns in between fit in very well.  I can't wait to see what you have next.

&apls &apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Jmouse

If there was nothing in this update but the highway system, it would still be worth spending an hour or so studying it! But there is much more, of course, and it all fits together perfectly. Truly you have made Shosaloza your own, Ennedi!

Until next time...
Joan

Danthe

uff, massive update Ennedi :thumbsup: All communications is built very good, especially in a small space. I like fifth pictures - stone wall fantastic composed with a natural scarp &apls

Pzdr. Mariusz

Tarkus

I've just read through the whole thing over the past couple days, and I really have been missing out here.  :-[ This is an absolutely fantastic MD you have here, Adam.  What you've done with the terrain is incredible, and the scenic surroundings you've set up for the cities is just amazing.  And I absolutely love how you've worked in the Rail and Road curve pieces--the tutorial was just fantastic, too.

Congrats on getting in the Special Interest category for this month--it's very well-deserved. :thumbsup:

-Alex

Shadow Assassin

Wow, this looks beaut!

I wouldn't mind seeing how it looks in the region. This doesn't feel like Shosaloza at all (or at least compared to the previous incarnations I've seen). :P

All in all, great job. Keep it up!
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!