• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

threestooges

Excellent research. This aspect of terrain mods looks like it certainly has the potential to be another major moment in game development. Your findings were laid out very nicely and, although it seems like quite a bit of work, the seasonal mod looks like it is worth it. I may give it a try in my cities, but until then, congratulations on these discoveries. Thank you for sharing.
-Matt

TheTeaCat

Adam
Once again you push the parameters to the max :D  &apls &apls

Stunning pics which explain your findings in a clearly logical way. I shall download and test these new mods of yours :thumbsup:

Quote from: Jmouse on June 16, 2008, 02:39:58 PM
Thank you so much for sharing your many exemplary talents with the rest of us!
Joan

I could say it better :thumbsup:

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

penguin007

Wow your research into how the game works has really improved it massively. Can't wait to see some more from you

Will

paroch

Hello Adam,

Some more very detailed investigations and explanations from you.  And the results certainly look very interesting.  It's funny, I only installed a terrain mod within the last three weeks and here you are pushing them to the boundaries!

I'm not sure that I have the patience or confidence to change such parameters, so I think I will watch and wait until a "final" version is available!

And I must remember to check the MD HoF thread more often!

Paul

allan_kuan1992

nothing has happened here in over 3 weeks almost?

Your updates have been stunning all the way since the start.

- Allan Kuan

bohort

I love this dam, it is original  :thumbsup:
I like this ! Great  &apls
We have only planet ! Stop Global Warming !
I'm French, so sorry for my bad english !

XoX

I'm very impressive of your MD, it's absolutely wonderful!!!!

You have a concerns of the detail really amazing!!!
Respect for your work  :o  &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40

Ennedi

Hello everybody!

Much time passed from the last update in Shosaloza. There are several reasons:
- I have much more RL work than I expected. Many trips, additional tasks, things to prepare at home - no matter if it's a working day or weekend.
Unfortunately not everything depends on me and I can't organize my work in better way. In addition, payments are sometimes late and  it cause much more additional management.
I was going to make some relax in September, but now I see I will have another busy month (or two).
- I have some problems with my computer. Nothing connected with SC4, and all SC4 stuff is safe on the external hard drive. But I waste a lot of time and maybe I will have to reinstall Windows at last (or buy a new machine).
- Last few months I made some experiments with terraforming, textures and other things (I showed some of them here). Finally I decided to change the terrain mod and I want to arrange much terrain in a new way. My city development plans need much terraforming too. I don't want to change the general terrain look (many changes will be almost invisible), but it only increases the difficulty level.
In short words, I need to rebuild a big part of the region to prepare it according to my plans. This is a huge task and it will take much time.

I wanted to finish all this preparing work and show you new, nicely developed cities. But now I know I will need more time to do it. So I decided to relax, do as much as I can and when I can. But I don't want to wait till everything will be OK and I will have much free time. So I decided to make some small updates and talk with you about a few side themes. Maybe something will be interesting for somebody?

No answers today - sorry my friends! But I'm very grateful for all your fantastic comments. They mean a lot for me, and I'll do my best to give you some pleasure too.

Today two ideas:

Idea No 1: Streetlights without ligthcones.
There was always important for me to have many nightlights. I use Cogeo's Strretlight mod and I like it very much. I also observe some other interesting attempts such as Light Replacement Mod - great work! But all these lights are a bit unnatural, especially if we use Gizmo's Day-Night Mod.
Why? I see two reasons:
a) SC4 lightcones are very bright and they look strange. In fact, we see something like them only during a serious fog.
b) Every lamp creates a light patch on the ground. In my opinion these patches should be much larger, but less bright in the center and generally more soft.
I know there are limitations in modifying streetlights. But maybe it can be done?

Look at two pictures below. If you will look at the ship and other Somy's lots, you will notice that he made lamps without lightcones and they look great (of course I know they were rendered together with the BAT, it's another situation - but I show you an example). As for other streetlights, I removed lightcones in Photoshop and made new light patches. My intention is to show you how could they look and to ask you to think about it.

Idea No 2: This is a simple one. This is a proposition for various seaport and other industrial stuff creators: please think about nightlights - they add a lot to the picture!  :)

That's all for today. Sorry my friends, but the real life is brutal  :D

Adam
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

Simpson

Hi my friend  ;)
Great to see new pics of your city, I always so love your city
Your port is looking very good and very réalistic  &apls

I'm looking forward to the next update

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

JoeST

Damn, I wasnt expecting that. You, Sir Ennedi are FANTASTIC, you have (in 3 pictures) stunned me to silence once again, once of many while reading your MD.

I am really sorry to hear about your RL troubles, and sincerely hope you can get them sorted. :)

Joe
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

Sheep49

Hi Ennedi! Haven't commented here yet. So, I've wanted to say, that I love your MD.

The seaport is lovely! :thumbsup: Kinda looks like the shipyard/seaport in Gdynia.

Anyways, keep the staff coming!/Trzymaj tak dalej, Ennedi! ;)
Piotr

BTW, It's my 100th post. Hooray! ;D
Polish support forum - Cafe Poland * SC4Wiki! * My BATting thread

I am he, as you are he, as you are me and we are all together... - I Am The Walrus, The Beatles

thundercrack83

Well, welcome back, Adam!

As always, you present some interesting information about the game in a way that few folks can do, and it makes learning about things not only interesting, but compelling.

Your Photoshopped lights look great, and I hope that you can come up with solutions for your ideas!

Take care, my friend, and I hope real life doesn't treat you too harshly!

Dustin

art128

Your back  &hlp
amazing seaport Adam , it's look very good  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Yoman

Hey Adam,

It seems that with every new update, small or large, you have something to offer to the community, not just pictures. Like your explanation of terrain mods etc, to your ideas for lights and innovative uses of raised parks. I hope RL eases up on you soon, for both our sakes, as I'd love to see some more pictures  :thumbsup:

Owen

TheTeaCat

Adam

Caught this quickly before RL catches me too and glad I did too :thumbsup:

All I can say is you know how to brighten ones evening.
The light cones is one thing that's always annoyed me too and I like your innovative PS'ing in the pics too.
Its looks soo much better. Now if only a mod could be made to remove them :D

Fantastic mini update &apls
Hope RL gives you a break. Gonna use your kettle to make us a cuppa  ;D
oh darn its nighttime  ()sad() no tea maybe next time eh?

Regards
Derry.
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

kimcar

&apls &apls  Another great update , and i like what you did with the lights . Much more realistic.  :thumbsup: Hope everythings will be fine for you . take care ;)

bat

Some wonderful lights there in the night shots, Adam!
And this update is looking great!

Looking forward to the next...

Badsim

Hi Adam ,

I would like to learn your Photoshop technique ... I experimented something similar with multiple & faded "Lens Flares" with CS2 , but I gave up .
Time for LotEditing , time for play the game ( from less to less ...) , time for arrange an update when you're MDing , and now time for Photoshop ... along RL issues and/or various obligations , that's becoming very tiresome ! ::)

That said , the spectacular realism degree you have reached through these pictures worth it for sure . :thumbsup: &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Pat

Adam ooh my wow!!!! OK now I understand why you where showing off the pics in the critique thread... Im glad to see you are not letting the Brutality of RL get to much in the way and I cant wait to see what you further do...

my 5900 post and I couldnt think of a better place to celebrate it then here with you adam my inspiration, thank you sir for your hard work!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

XoX

gloups!  :o
wonderful and realistic! &apls &apls
C'est dans les ténèbres que l'on voit la lumière...et dans la lumière que l'on voit les ténèbres...

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=5339.40