• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Ennedi plays Shosaloza

Started by Ennedi, August 25, 2007, 10:22:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ennedi

Hello my friends,

RL is really demanding for me lately. I have a lot of work, in addition my computer needs... I don't know, maybe a psychiatrist  :D it's behaviour is really strange last few days.
So I can't spend as much time playing SC4 as I want. But Shosaloza is still alive, the capital city started to grow at last. There are some nice buildings at the foot of the castle hill, it seems it will be a busy trade center here  ;)

Most of work is unfinished at this moment, so I can't show you too much. This update is rather a short report from the building site than a real update  $%Grinno$%. I'm very sorry, but I haven't enough time to answer to everybody today. But I must say I'm very glad of all your comments and I highly appreciate them! It's a great pleasure to read all these messages from you, I will try to do my best to give you some pleasure too  :thumbsup:

Mightygoose, thank you very much for your visits and for an advice about parkings! Yes, I looked for new ones and I downloaded cas' set, it is very nice!
Toichus Maximus, thank you for your help! Yes, I made this frothy stream using Jeronij's Water Culverts and Water Effects, the link is OK. Creating such stream is quite tricky, it needs much subtle terraforming and some playing with various other stuff, stones, flora etc. to achieve such effect.
All my other visitors - thank you, please visit Shosaloza again! I will have more time for you in future  ;)

Today I will show you first buildings of the Malecon CBD, it will much more time and work to look really good.
I made also some experiments with Gizmo's Day-Night mod. The first conclusion: the mod is fantastic, but I need much much more lights at the street level!!! I have a strange feeling that I will end with Lot Editor earlier or later... ;)

Day shots

...And night shots. If you will look carefully, You will see the Lars' Calatrava Bridge, it's nightlights are really fantastic! :thumbsup:

At the end - two shots from one of my old cities. Making experiments with Gizmo's D-N mod I opened it, it still looks quite good, doesn't it?

That's all for today, I hope the next update will be ready soon  :)

Adam

New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

quackmofro

Fantastic night shots! The city against the landscape is quite remarkable.

Toichus Maximus

Wonderful update from my favorite MD! I love that thin glass building at the corner of the town by the water.

figui

Quote from: quackmofro on March 24, 2008, 06:53:35 PM
The city against the landscape is quite remarkable.
:thumbsup:

wonderful "short report from the building site" :P nice pics, both day and night ones.

mauricio.
first forums inhabitant from Uruguay..   first forums citizen from Uruguay..  first forums councilman from Uruguay..   first forums mayor from Uruguay..  first forums governor from Uruguay..
...i'm still the only one from Uruguay!

________

Pat

&apls &apls &apls  Adam just perfect is all I can say here!!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

nedalezz

Those pictures put nearly everything else to shame! If you ever find a way to make the street lights work with Gizmo's Mod, I would love to have that! It is also my only complaint about an otherwise spectacular mod.

mightygoose

an aesthetically astonishing, i mean really, bloody brilliant, update however one thing bugs me, there is a significant amount of space dotted about that you could have developed with lower density buildings. and as these would in RL be built long before any of those towers it does harm the overall look of the image. a side affect does impeach on the aesthetics however. it makes your image look slightly broken up, there is a bit too much green for buildings of that size.....

still a marvellous update and a treat for the eyes however but just my 2c
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

Your Downtown is looking very great! And the night shots are also fantastic! Nice experiments! :thumbsup:

Simpson

My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Jmouse

I'm rather partial to the second photo, because of the rough terrain in the background I guess. Love the curvy avenues, too, and of course the night shots are superb. The last two are really pretty, but so are the rest - I couldn't possibly choose a favorite.

Until next time...
Joan

rooker1

I think that was super update.  There is no need to apologise about that one.  Are all those buildings grown or have you plopped them.  And do you use the CAM?  Super work on the curved avenues, everything seems to flow perfectly.
I look forward to your next update.
&apls
Robin  :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

warconstruct

I am without word... :o I say just that it is to perfection  &apls &apls &apls

Province of Acadia since 2020
Province of Zillerthal (2014)
Port Aux Captes (2009-2011)
Province of Trieste (2006-2010)
Since SC4D 2007-2022

TheTeaCat

Adam

Another stunning update. &apls &apls

"short report from the building site"

Nicest building site I've ever seen :D :D

As for Gizmo Night mod - I agree it is great but let down by the brightness of the street lights, It would be great if you found a work around for this
but what you have done looks real good  :thumbsup:

Until the next eyecatching update

regards
Derry
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Yoman

Excellent shots here Adam! My favorites are the ones in which the Castle towers over the residential towers :) Such grandeur and beauty! This city appears to be very green also, I do hope there will be some not so nice areas thoguh  :thumbsup:

Mizral

Nice update, it looks amazing!  :thumbsup:

thundercrack83

Incredible, Adam! Absolutely incredible! And you're 100% correct, Lars' bridge is stunning at night! Almost as stunning as your city!

Can't wait to see more, my friend!

Take care,

Dustin

CasperVg

I think this is my first comment in your MD ever, and I think every realisation you've made here is superb! You're MD is very interesting, and gave me alot of new thoughts about the game, and how it works. I'm still a great enjoyeur of your Slope Mod 'Smooth'. I've enjoyed reading through the whole MD very much, and I will certainly use the new things I have learned by reading it. Wonderful work!  :thumbsup:
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

tooheys

Adam, beautiful work as always  &apls, I love how you work with the terrain.

My only disapointment, I was hanging out to see how the two avenues combined. Maybe next update  ;)

Cheers

Dave

Heblem

Schulmanator

Excellent work! I am always glad to see your well made pictures here. And I hope you will have time to show us more of this great area soon.  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0