• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Reginam da Domena Lorella [Last Update: 10/11/07]

Started by Dark_Jedi06, August 23, 2007, 08:48:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yoman

Lol, no need to change it, I just wanted to find out if they were actually in British airspace (not the area controlled by Brit fighters but the air above england :P), because that would've been very bad for both parties.

Great choice on your train skin selection, fits the setting very well (I use it also actually :P). I really enjoyed following that rail line through the countryside, was surprised at how close those low rises were to DT though.

Some of the greenest subrubs Ive ever seen also :P

As always looking forward to the next update (btw, do you grow or plop the w2w and low rise houses).

thundercrack83

Whew! Another excellent update, my friend! Your transportation networks are absolutely beautiful! The way you split the avenues and then bring them back together, and the trains--Magnificent work! Keep it up!

rooker1

Very nice update.  I love the windy train tracks through the forested areas.  Also in the first couple of pics I noticed the transition from rural highway to avenue, very good job with that asphalt modd.  It's almost unseen, what a great modd.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Wonderful update of that residential area! Great pictures of the train (/rail way)! :thumbsup:

sebes

Great MD -  I just found it today and had some pleasant reading, will return for sure to read the updates.   
Looking forward to pictures from Egaingrad - fascinating history you made up there  :thumbsup:
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

Emperor Stormont

Oh god I loved that update, the mosaics are truly stunning, such beautiful work..... &apls

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

Jmouse

Since commenting on the nice open feeling of your CBD (absolutely love it! :thumbsup:), I've revisited the photos and now have a question. Some of the tall buildings appear to have one, two or more brick tiles between them and roads/avenues, etc. Are those trans-enabled PED tiles or am I misreading the whole setup?  ()what() How do you do this without getting "No access" zots?
Please enlighten, and keep up the great work!

Until next time...
Joan

iamgoingtoeatyou

that update was just spectacular, like always, i love the last few shots with the red trains passing through the suburb, it was so...european! those houses are also amazing, not a maxis house in sight, i don't think i've ever seen those houses used before actually. great great work DJ ;D

Xiziz

Nice update, suburbs are looking good :P though the most impressive is the roundabout and rail-lines ^__^

And the RHW, fits so nicly in there :P

pipishere

Sorry i haven't stopped by for sometime..been rather busy but it looks as though you have too! I loved the last update and you have such an eye for detail!! The little houses and streets look great.....i just hope my suburbs look as good lol.

Fab work and i'll try not to leave it too long before my next visit  ;)

Dark_Jedi06

TranStaila is the state-run railroad of Domena Lorella responsbile for the proper functioning and manning of the high-speed rail lines that connect all of the major Lorellian cities. The Aut'sveltezza Rain is the longest and most congested of the lines and largely runs parallel to the Rhine and Stgir Bay, traversing mountainous terrain and cutting through the most scenic areas of Domena Lorella. It begins in the Ossian suburb of Wengen, just north of the central downtown, and ends in the heart of the Laurel metropolis, one of the largest and fastest growing cities and the location of the only international airport in the country.

The Aut'sveltezza Rain heads north away from the Wengen suburb while the Guaud Viafier branches off and heads east away from Ossian.

The railroad continues along the coast at the foot of the valley while a precarious road cuts through the mountain above, connecting outlying suburbs and farms that the high-speed rail system only passes through.

Another of Ossian's suburbs, this one named Morcote, lies in the shadow of the steep valley. The Aut'sveltezza Rain passes through the small cluster of homes, however there is no station to avoid congestion.

Another view of Morcote.

A low point at the base of Rhine river valley provides suitable ground for farming. Run-off from the peaks of the Alps pool in this area as well as many other areas along the Rhine bringing valuable sediment that provides fertile ground. These Pitschen Paunchanaster, or "Small Breadbaskets", commonly referred to as Pauns, are essential to maintaining the growing population of Domena Lorella. To ensure the proper use and distribution of farm yields, the entire agricultural sector is state-owned and run by a specialized corporation under the Council of Guildmasters.

Another view of the Paun. The Agricultural Production & Distribution Corporation runs these massive fields and has divided them into a variety of sectors based on location. The large area of farming outside of Ossian is labeled as Paun-17. Extensive records are kept on the type of crop produced by each farm as well as the annual yield dating back nearly three decades.

A final view of Paun-17 outside of Ossian, just west of the suburb of Morcote.

Yoman-I don't think it was over Great Britain, just a small incursion into British airspace for a few minutes. :P
As for the grow/plop issue...the Altstadt and entire downtown has been plopped. I don't have the time nor the patience to wait for the right building to grow. However, to achieve a natural feel in the suburbs I allow the buildings to grow.
thundercrack83-I'm a lover of trains and it's by far my favorite network to place, with the NAM curves it's even more fun. :D
rooker1-It's definitely one of my favorite mods, it's flawless and makes the RHW look beautiful. Kudos to Shadow Assassin. :satisfied:
bat-Thank you very much. :)
sebes-Egaingrad won't be for quite some time...first I have to finish mainland Domena Lorella, which is a huge 12x12 large tile map.
belfastuniguy-Mosaics are so much fun. ;D
Jmouse-Those aren't Ped tiles. Considering that the entire downtown is plopped (don't think of less of me :-[) I don't have to worry about having access to get the building to grow. It's just a matter of using the tastyzots cheat to get rid of those ugly zots when I take the picture. :P
iamgoingtoeatyou-European...that's exactly what I'm aiming for. The houses in the suburbs are RLS homes by Simgoober...not sure which ones. By the way, you won't see any Maxis buildings in my MD, at least not so far. $%Grinno$%
Xiziz-Roundabouts are loads of fun, especially the avenue ones. :D
pipishere-It's no problem Pip, I'd rather see the return of Royal Cytheria then a comment here. :satisfied:
...this space to be filled soon...

Emperor Stormont

God those railways just look so gorgeous and realistic, always a winner when using sexy curves...... :satisfied:

I don't any problems with plopping (I can hear the realism police coming.....lol), I to lack patience and plop to get the desired result, as long as it looks good who cares  :D

Fabulous update, also loved the farms, very lovely indeed.

The Imperial Atlantean Empire MD <-- click to view
A new Beginning
Trixie Nominated CJ
2007 & 2008

bat

Fantastic new pictures (/mosaics) of that railway, Dark_Jedi06! Beautiful area there! Also great pictures (/mosaics) of the farms! :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Wonderful update with amazing pics :thumbsup:

Hmm I think this is worth a

I have a query - what terrain mod are you using as the rock textures look superb

Looking forward to the next update ;)

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Danthe

Your railroad looks great :thumbsup: You used fantstic a new NAM curves and stone bridge.

Jmouse

Beautiful, beautiful update, Dark Jedi. As always, your mosaics are stunning, but the idea of following the train through the countryside is very clever and effective. &apls
After asking about the ped tiles, I tried a little experiment of my own and found them to be transit enabled much to my surprise (no zots showed up). I'll definitely be putting them to good use from now on.
And don't worry about using plopables. I do it too because I like to build cities my own way, not the way some distant game designer visualized them. That's why all the talented architects around have given us so many choices. SC4 would be dull, indeed, if it were not for the time and talent they share.

Until next time...
Joan

thundercrack83

Beautiful pictures, Dark_Jedi! Your railroads are absolutely stunning and the farmlands are great, too! I can't wait to see what else you've got for us!

Ennedi

What can I add to these compliments? I don't know $%Grinno$%

I agree with others, these are beautiful pictures!  &apls

Your railway line is fantastic, the way you used long turns is perfect.
I love this little group of homes (Morcote), it really has an Alpine atmosphere  :thumbsup:
And I like your farmfields very much!

I see your region is very diversified, I will wait for more :)
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

iamgoingtoeatyou

how do you have time to do all these updates? :o that last one was amazing, i love the train curving through the suburbs, and the photo editing always looks great! great work :thumbsup:

nova vesfalo

very very nice suburbs and train-network ( the rail curves does their jobs !!)  and the suroudings trees are awesome !!