SC4D Homepage
BSC File Exchange
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Gransimtenango  (Read 20923 times)

Offline brick_mortimer

Re: Gransimtenango
« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »
Thanks for the beautiful update!

Your cities are an inspiration for mine (although mine don't look half as good  $%Grinno$%)

Sim City 4 Devotion Forums

« Reply #200 on: January 07, 2017, 08:45:21 AM »

Offline Bipin

« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »
Love, love love the work you're doing! Fantastic images!  &apls

« Reply #201 on: January 27, 2017, 12:50:16 PM »

Offline Nanami

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »
Pretty nice looking hilly city there!
also.. the MMP is really eye catching!

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2017, 04:37:13 PM »

Offline manga rivotra

« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »

Update 22

Hello
@ Themistokles, compdude787, reddonquixote, kbieniu7, Akallan, Seaman, brick_mortimer, Bipin, Nanami
Thank you for all your great comment, it makes me very happy !  ;D

To start this year 2017, here is a brand new tile never shown before. No surprise, it is anything but flat and was very complicated to realize although it is only a small tile.
It is a small town built on hills between 2 rivers whose confluence is located in full geographical center. One of the rivers includes a lake about ten meters deep in the heights, while the other loses a large part of its flow in swamps. On the the edge of second one can be found the remains of an old factory today abandoned and a pleasant forest.
Although small, this city remains densely populated because ultimately not far away from the central districts of Gransimtenango.

First an overview from west but if you click on it, it’ll become an huge ingame zoom 5 view

Second overview from south, ingame zoom 5 pic if you click

From East, overview of the dry river from the swamps,, ingame zoom 5 pic if you click

Details of the swamps and the old factory

Details on main church from north, ingame zoom 6 pic if you click on it

And to finish, detail in autumn from south, ingame zoom 5 pic if you click

I hope you like it, thanks.  :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 07:02:31 AM by manga rivotra »

« Reply #203 on: February 18, 2017, 11:37:51 AM »

Offline feyss

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »
Great work, as usual  :thumbsup:

I like the rivers, the 'normal' one and the dry one   ;)

« Reply #204 on: February 19, 2017, 01:18:18 PM »

Offline Nanami

« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »
Yet another great update! :thumbsup:
I guess the factory did something toward that dried river and the swamp?

« Reply #205 on: February 21, 2017, 10:46:40 AM »

Offline Themistokles

• If Simcity were a democracy we'd all be ostracised
« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »
Wonderful update and spectacular city as always :thumbsup: I love the way you've made the waterways weave through the quite steep forest city. And btw, I'm almost feeling at home with all those firs! :D
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 6

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

« Reply #206 on: February 21, 2017, 02:47:16 PM »

Online Tyberius06

« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »
Oh Dear!!!!  &apls &apls &apls &apls
Spectecular pictures! That monistery on the edge? What is that, and the "slop"wall what you used? It's a masterpiece! Don't you want to release some your custom contents? They are amaing!!!  &apls &apls &apls

- Tyberius

« Reply #207 on: February 21, 2017, 04:20:02 PM »

Offline manga rivotra

« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »
@ feyss and Themistokles :
Thanks for the nice comment !  ;D
@ Nanami :
This plant has certainly pumped a lot of water in the swamp and can be dumped some waste, but as you see it is now abandoned .... so the swans can wade in peace.  ::)
@ Tyberius06 :
Spectecular pictures! That monistery on the edge?
The monastery is actually a church of Vnaoned (VIP team) downloadable on the LEX.
and the "slop"wall what you used?
The walls are from Uki and you can find them here at the bottom of the page http://uki-sim.seesaa.net/archives/201211-1.html
Don't you want to release some your custom contents? They are amaing!!!
In fact, I've literally done thousands of lots since I play this game, but it's impossible for me to share them. Because I use essentially invisible buildings (created with the PIM-X) for which I choose the statistics wanted before choosing the houses or other buildings to put on the lots by having them previously changed to PROP. This means that I have hundreds of different SC4Desc files for the PROPs and Bats that are running in my Plugins folder. Moreover, for simple house on a lot 1X2 I use counting the textures about 15 to 20 dependencies often from different pack, which is redditory for 95% of the players who would like to download, and i have a lot of more big lot....
And to add more, practically all my lots include overlays textures that « extend » the pattern of the specific sidewalk I downloaded years ago, on a few meters on my lots. Now, for these textures, I never asked for IDs and I therefore use the IDs of old downloaded textures, which obviously makes them no shareable. Maybe the only thing i can share is some MMPs but i don’t knwow how to put a file in a post. Sorry  &mmm
« Last Edit: February 22, 2017, 09:42:03 AM by manga rivotra »

« Reply #208 on: February 22, 2017, 09:26:43 AM »

Offline Badsim

• Le Diable est dans les détails .
  • CL: Not that bad !!!   $%Grinno$%
« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:43 AM »
How it is courageous to urbanize such hilly environment !  ::) Certainly the most difficult thing to achieve with SC4 , at least to my eyes as I did always  avoid it like the plague !  :D Seaman said it prefectely : respect to keeping that nice looking !  &apls That said , Update 20 was my favorite , and some previous ones too ( not numbered ) , your MMP skill is everywhere visible ( the beach was something too !  :o ) , but your other skills like LotEditing is sometimes less highlighted most of all when we’re not familiar with the original custom content used …  ;) ( that’s why I take the time many often to explain what I’m doing .)

In fact, I've literally done thousands of lots since I play this game, but it's impossible for me to share them. Because I use essentially invisible buildings (created with the PIM-X) for which I choose the statistics wanted before choosing the houses or other buildings to put on the lots by having them previously changed to PROP. This means that I have hundreds of different SC4Desc files for the PROPs and Bats that are running in my Plugins folder. Moreover, for simple house on a lot 1X2 I use counting the textures about 15 to 20 dependencies often from different pack, which is redditory for 95% of the players who would like to download, and i have a lot of more big lot....
And to add more, practically all my lots include overlays textures that « extend » the pattern of the specific sidewalk I downloaded years ago, on a few meters on my lots. Now, for these textures, I never asked for IDs and I therefore use the IDs of old downloaded textures, which obviously makes them no shareable...

I know perfectly the problem … and indeed you can forget it . When I joined Devo in 2007 , I tried to share some of my LOTs , but Barbara ( BarbyW ) quickly brought me back to reality !  :D Feasible , yes , but with so much constraints and additional work … you would lose  both your  energy and faith !  $%Grinno$%

... Maybe the only thing i can share is some MMPs but i don’t knwow how to put a file in a post. Sorry  &mmm

That’s a feature available for staff members , teams members … coming too with Subscriber status , I think …  ::)

Keep on to express your creativity and share it with us .  :thumbsup: There’s always something inspiring here . &apls

C.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

« Reply #209 on: February 23, 2017, 05:59:43 AM »

Offline kbieniu7

« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »
I also understand the issue of having a lots of... lots. My plugin folder is full of such type of addons, mades for some personal purposes that are practically unshearable.

Regarding the update - beautiful as always :) The terrain is demanding, as Badsim mentioned, often avoided to build anything there :D The swamps look great. I've never created a one, I need to take a deeper look into yours  &Thk/( The dry river also looks good, however in a so steep terrain it is doesn't fit too much. Surface runoff would not diminish in such amount.

The final shot - my favourite one. That church with a cemetery on a hillside in the rain and among autumn-coloured trees - spectacular  &apls

« Reply #210 on: March 05, 2017, 09:51:51 AM »

If you experience visual glitches in our site, we strongly suggest you to use Firefox to browse the forums. Also a 1024*768 or higher resolution is highly recommended to view this site

SMF 2.0.13 | SMF © 2016, Simple Machines
TinyPortal © 2005-2011
SMFAds for Free Forums

Page created in 0.306 seconds with 79 queries.