• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

romualdillo's little BATs & Problems

Started by romualdillo, May 21, 2014, 09:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kergelen

Nice set of models. I really like the roofs and the courtyards.  &apls

Keep it up!

Links to SC4 websites

vortext

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

seraf

You are doing an amazing job :) Don't know why but corner version of Casa Marchiaro particularly caught my attention, it looks so nice :) I think one could actually use it in small colonial town :) And I'm glad too see that not everyone makes skyscrapers now ;)

romualdillo

Kergelen Thank you!!

vortext Thank you!!

seraf Thank you!! Small buildings need so much work as bigger buildings, and they are not as impressive as a skyscraper. But I like sim-scaled cities, and I preferred to start with small buildings.

And now Casa Marchiaro second attempt (Argentinian inspiration)

previous version

What do you think? Does the facade need to be deeper?

Sim.Rico

&apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls &apls
Romualdillo!  I am a small city small scale bldg FAN!  I love how using the smaller bldgs - keeping everything around it in-scale and perspective , it gives my towns that 'tall bldg' effect without using up so much simreal estate! 

I am going to have to check out all of your work!  I love the one in the screenshots above!  Any quick-links to any of your 1x1, 1x2s etc?  Peyton is screaming for these lovely lots!

romualdillo

Thank you Sim.Rico!!!!!  :D But I'm sorry to say these are my first bats, and there is nothing available for the moment. I intend to upload them, but there is still a lot of work to do (if I complete the set as I want to).

You will have to wait a bit, I'm sorry!!  &mmm

I made the facade 20% deeper. Do you think it looks better?

previous version

cmdp123789

It looks really good! I cant wait for them to be release.. and to be honest, it doesnt look like someone's first BAT! Great job!

vortext

Added depth sure looks like an improvement to me!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird

romualdillo

cmdp123789 Thank you!!

vortext I hope you like the final result!!

I hope you like them!!!

noahclem

Looks awesome  &apls  It's very nice to see these in game. I think they will fit absolutely perfect in my new region where I'm hoping to have areas of "colonial" architecture and the level of details these buildings have will make them much, much, much more useful too :)  If there's one suggestion I'd offer it would be to have a little more space between the street tile and the facade of the building--there's enough space when placed along a street but next to a 3-lane or 4-lane one tile network the area for pedestrians would look really narrow. If your space is limited by the size of the building I'd say not to worry about it though  :)

romualdillo

noahclem Thank you!!! About the space between the street and the building, my intention was to locate buildings in low- and medium-density zones just in the limit of the lot, and buildings in high-density zones two or three meters away. I planned it this way because too wide streets in low density zones could look unrealistic (for me). When heavy traffic roads become necesary in historic cores the sidewalks are normally narrowed (or everything is blowed away and rebuilt, normally with higher density... Fortunately today this procedure is only used rarely and in extreme cases, but it was very common in the 1900's: E.G. Gran Vía in Madrid, Via Laietana in Barcelona, Avenida de Mayo in Buenos Aires or Avenida Central (actually Rio Branco) in Rio de Janeiro). I plan to do some ploppable transition lots (and perhaps ploppable low-density lots with more space), but give me a little more time, because they need special corner buildings.

And now, Casa Arcos third attempt (spanish inspiration)

previous version:

I hope you like it! You can see the oldest version of the building in my previous post.

noahclem

Casa Arcos looks great  &apls

Your logic for lotting this with less pedestrian space makes sense--too wide wouldn't fit well with buildings of this height and density I suppose. Looking forward to finding out for myself though  ;D

Simcoug

Looking great - Your attention to the details really stand out.   :thumbsup:

vester

romualdillo

noahclem Thank you!! You can still use the w2w lots, because they have enough place to move the buildings. ;D Adapted corner lots will take longer, I'm sorry!!  &mmm

Simcoug Thank you!!

vester Thak you!!

Casa Quaroni second attempt (Italian inspiration)

previous version

The depth was doubled. Some ornaments are better defined and I think the windows don't look so flat. What do you think?

EDIT:

Casa Arcos in-game shot:

I hope you like it!! (you can see the first version of Casa Quaroni in the picture too)

carlfatal

Eventually I found your BAT thread and - wow!  :thumbsup:

I love these small town houses, your attention to detail is outstanding. Not only the facades, in particular the roofs... I am stunned!  &apls

vortext

Yes, the detailing is excellent and it's great you're taking the time to perfect it!  &apls
time flies like a bird

seraf

They look even better now :) Would you consider making two storey building with a tower in the corner? It could be a nice type of more prominent building among others :)

romualdillo

carlfatal Thank you!!!

vortext Thank you!!!

seraf Thank you!! Perhaps the next corner versions have a tower or a dome... Who knows...?  ::)

Now, an in-game view of Casa Quaroni:

And next...

Casa Ecléctica 01 second attempt (spanish inspiration):

previous version as usual

And Casa Ecléctica 02 second attempt (spanish inspiration)

previous version

I hope you like them!!!  :P

FrankU

Really impressive work!
You are up to a large set, I see.

But I have a question. There seems to be something different in the roof tiles of Casa Quaroni. Is that on purpose?  ()what()