• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Street islands

Started by swashbuckler, October 18, 2013, 04:46:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swashbuckler

Hello

I have one question. What option in NAM disables street islands? I can't find it when I'm installing NAM.
Thank you.

noahclem

Those islands are part of the Euro texture mod. I don't think there's an option in the installer to not have those if you have Euro textures selected but you should be able to get rid of them by deleting the file they are contained in after installing. I don't use Euro textures in my current work but in my old MD's plugins I found the file at (plugins)\Network Addon Mod\~NAM Euro Retexture Mod\z_NAM_Cosmetic_Re-Texture_Mod\zzzz_MRTNLRN_EuroTextures_Streets . The folder structure and possibly file name could be different now but at least the file name should be pretty similar. I only found one file with "euro textures" and "streets" in it. Just delete that and you should lose the islands  :thumbsup:

swashbuckler

Indiana Joe

No, those are also in the standard texture set.  You can't get rid of them without making overriding textures.

noahclem

Quote from: Indiana Joe on October 18, 2013, 07:54:16 AM
No, those are also in the standard texture set.  You can't get rid of them without making overriding textures.

Why would it be necessary to make overriding textures to return to the game's vanilla street textures? Returning to vanilla textures should involve removing files, not adding them. I just tested removing that file and it did work. If the North American-styled NAM retextures also create those islands than they should be able to be similarly removed by removing the non-Euro version of that same street texture file.

Swordmaster

They're mid density zone textures (with IIDs having 4, 5 or 6 as the seventh digit). You can use the Reader to remove those specific textures from the file zNAM_Retexture_and_Cosmetic_Mod_Streets_Superhands.dat.

Or, of course, remove the entire file to completely revert to vanilla street textures.

Cheers
Willy

Tarkus

We've received a lot of complaints about the islands for awhile now.  Consider them gone for NAM 32.

-Alex

Indiana Joe

Quote from: noahclem on October 18, 2013, 08:31:31 AM
Quote from: Indiana Joe on October 18, 2013, 07:54:16 AM

Why would it be necessary to make overriding textures to return to the game's vanilla street textures? Returning to vanilla textures should involve removing files, not adding them. I just tested removing that file and it did work. If the North American-styled NAM retextures also create those islands than they should be able to be similarly removed by removing the non-Euro version of that same street texture file.

I need more sleep.   :D

Wiimeiser

Quote from: Tarkus on October 18, 2013, 05:17:21 PM
We've received a lot of complaints about the islands for awhile now.  Consider them gone for NAM 32.

-Alex

Hopefully they'll still be an optional addon?
Pink horse, pink horse, she rides across the nation...

Swordmaster

Quote from: Wiimeiser on October 18, 2013, 09:52:01 PM

-Alex

Hopefully they'll still be an optional addon?

That should be doable.

Cheers
Willy

Kuewr665

An option under the Cosmetics section would be nice.

I am personally indifferent to them.

Diggis

-Alex

The only problem I would have with them is they should really only be on 2 streets. Normally, on direction of travel should have right of way, and they would be on the other direction.

swashbuckler

Btw Euro Cul-de-Sacs only work for the roads not for the streets? Or am I missing something...