• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Question to NAM team: bridges, road/street texture

Started by xannepan, September 30, 2013, 07:07:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

xannepan

Hi NAM team,

I am redoing some of my Seine bridges. I would like to make sure this time the road texture is not baked into the bridge model. Do you have a flat pane network model file available for me that I can merge into the bridge models via the reader? Any other suggestions are appreciated!

Thanks,
Alex

memo

I've attached a file that contains plain models for road and street in all five zoom levels. These are without sidewalks, but sidewalks could be easily added as well.

xannepan

xannepan

Hi Memo,
as mentioned in the PM, this is a picture of the TIR texture problem during night time. During day time it looks fine.
-Alex

memo

That texture appears to be 0x58488f04. The one that should appear is 0x58480f04. They are 0x8000 apart, which is exactly the difference of day and night light textures. I don't know much about night lights, but their textures seem to get overlaid automatically.

In that case, this road texture should not be merged into the model, I guess. To resolve the issue, you could either make a copy of the texture to another IID range (perhaps, the range of the bridge itself), or you could try to add the road surface as T21 prop instead of merging it into the model.

Does anyone have a better idea? Has this issue occured before?

xannepan

Interesting Memo. At least I have a clue how to solve it now. I just wonder why it doesn't happen with the normal TIR network.

Tarkus

My guess is that it might have something to do with RKT1 properties on exemplars, but that's just a hunch.

-Alex

xannepan

Well whatever it is, the problem is solved.
Thanks for your help guys!