• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The Noro Cooperative

Started by noahclem, January 30, 2013, 03:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What type of airport should NORO's new one be?

Passenger only
Passenger & military
passenger & general aviation (private & charter aircraft)
Passenger, military & general aviation

Jmouse

I like the looks of your industrial area, Robin. I've always maintained that industry doesn't have to be an eyesore. The neighborhoods look good, too, but they might look a bit better if the houses were a little farther apart. We have a new neighborhood just south of Jonesboro. The houses are pretty, but there's not a tree in sight and people can open a window and shake hands with each other. ::)

You've done some nice-looking work here, and I'm glad you decided to give us a peek at it. :)

art128

A certainly nice looking town,  Robin!

I have a thought concerning the station, what seems to be the entrance would be logical to put it along the underway, so that when people enter the station they have direct access to the two platforms.

I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Kergelen

Nice work on the small town robin. :thumbsup:
I increasingly love this project. You are creating a great region and I love that you want to provide them with as much realism, as a large and well structured seaport, natural growth, and all these amazing interchanges. With so many talented players/modders the project is turning out exiting.
Although lately I do not have much time to comment (and to play the game :() I'm following and enjoying each update. You give me the dose of SC4 I need :D

Links to SC4 websites

rooker1

For those of you that have not noticed The NORO Interview that our great friend Matt (threestooges) has put together, you should check it out.

Robin :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

sim_link

You guys have some beautiful work here. The towns and networks are amazing. All your hard work is paying off! ;D

whatevermind

I see some continuously amazing work here, a lot of interesting ideas going on! The real world scale of a lot of the infrastructure is really interesting. Funny how we get used to how much SC4 tends to shrink these things - particularly when it comes to rail/seaports/airports, and even highway interchanges.

I also have to say, that picture with the pony on the broken overpass with the line about RUL2 had me nearly falling out of my chair. Funny how that can be so true with real world infrastructure too.

:thumbsup:

rooker1

We are still very hard at work behind the scene....some much more than others....namely Willy (Swordmaster). Just have a look at what he and I have created in these pictures. Very, very exciting times!!!!! &hlp

Robin and Willy :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

RepublicMaster

Epic! That railways is looking great! :D

JoeST

that is some cruel teasery :D <3 awesome
Copperminds and Cuddleswarms

MandelSoft

I remember quite some times where I need that piece so badly...
Lurk mode: ACTIVE

Gugu3

Amazing switch!!!the RRW is going to become an amazing addition to the NAM! &apls
cheers
Guglielmo

rooker1

I think some of you may be missing the importance of the above pics. Not only does Willy have an Alpha of his RRW Modd well on it's way, but look at that Beautiful Double Line Crossover.....and it's draggable!  &apls It looks like only Maarten has noticed. I, for one, cannot get enough of that pic. :o
The RRW is obviously done by Willy and the pics are taken from an area I have been working on.
I hope everyone enjoys the pics.

A huge thanks to Willy.....what an Epic Project!! &apls

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

RickD

I love the switch.  &apls The brown dirt texture works surprisingly well with the RRW. I really hated it with the Maxis rail.  ;)
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

art128

Quote from: rooker1 on June 25, 2013, 02:44:21 AM
It looks like only Maarten has noticed.

Noticed it too... Now we can make rail yards without the stupid non-realistic small crossing.

These pictures are great..... The more I see that mod, the more I want it!
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Swordmaster

Fantastic pictures (and not just because of the rails :P).  I agree with Raphael that the dirt texture doesn't look as bad as it used to, but there's still going to be an optional remover for that :D

And the thanks go all your way Robin. It's great to have your support.

Cheers
Willy

Dantes

I have long not seen in here.  :-[ I commented on pure natural landscapes reluctantly. I like it better when a man has done something with the landscape. I am glad that you move forward with the work. I like the new pictures very much.

Great work!  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

Stunning work here, guys. The rail textures look terrific.

noahclem

Great work Robin  &apls  I really like how your rail corridor is shaping up.  And it goes without saying Willy, but the RRW is looking fantastic. It's funny how that always annoying brown wealth texture actually doesn't look bad for once :D

Aaron Graham

-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

noahclem

A bit quiet around here...

In the background things have been progressing though at a relatively slow pace do to a number of distractions a number of us have had recently. Plugins improvements, lotting, modding, planning, and a bit of building have been quietly taking place. Me building transit networks around Noropolid(Ko) has been most of the actual building of late. The vast majority of the pictures I have on hand are progress shots but I managed to get a couple of fairly good ones depicting my idea for developing the west bank of the river.

You can see an older zoomed out view of the Noropolis tile here:

I've done a bit of playing around with light rail textures too (outdated texture shown ;) )

If there's interest I'd be happy to post more pictures of the traffic grid work in the city's center. I'd also like to show a couple more pics before I head out for vacation home to America Monday morning :)