• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

bat56 & the BAT!

Started by bat56, June 14, 2007, 05:19:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat56

Hello all...   welcome to my BAT thread and thank you SC4 Devotion for this very beautiful site!!!   :thumbsup:   
This is a first test for me with the BAT and i need your opinion.   ;)

I have started to create some Bat, nothing spectacular just 2 little house.
in fact, the same one two colors but others will follow and i will add different version of the roof.

I need to fixe a little problem... night lighting show in preview but not ingame.  ()what()
In the future, i want to make some industrial Bat's.

and even if my English is limited___________feedback is welcome.

DebussyMan

Large BAT doesn't mean good BAT. Yours might be small and simple, but it is an excellent model  :thumbsup:

About your problem with nightlilghts: I don't have much knowledge on how the nightmaps work with BAT. That's why I gave up and rather use "real" lights instead, saves a lot of headaches.

Visit my new MD: Emerita Augusta 1910 - http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15184.0

bat56

Hello, it's time for a little update.

But first, gracias señor DebussyMan for criticism.
Only one response to my first post but i am honoured that it would be you.  :thumbsup:
I would add just that your work is impressive!!!

We have six small houses now.

mmmh... always this problem with the night lighting in game but yesterday one of it functioned.
I never have this problem with others Bat.  ???

Still six others with a different roof and I will be a happy men! And afterwards, learn to create a Family.

DebussyMan, i understand when you say to me that large BAT doesn't mean good BAT...
...but here I have one very large Bat.  :D ;)

Ovo Stadium

That one is an old model that I started modeling in Blender some time ago. Maybe, one day, I will have finished it.
I must remake all the interior who is ridiculous.  ()sad()   and I think of only making a Soccer stadium.

This week, i have lot of work. It is "La Fête de la musique" in Switzerland and I will not sleep much the next days.
See you next week Devotion!!! &opr

As always_________feedback is welcome.

metasmurf

Looks good to me. There's definitly a lack of low-rise residential buildings from the community, so these should slide in just fine. Texturing is really good. The only thing that needs improvement imo is the nightligt.

bat56

metasmurf, thx for feedback.

I agree with you, night-light was made with the default BAT nightmaps who is not terrible i find.
Next week i will try the "nitelite", perhaps that will solve my problem at the same time.  ::)

kwakelaar

The houses are looking fine, I like the rooftexture. The brown/red brick does not look so good, I think the white(mortar) in the texture is too strong.

Are you using these houses as props or as buildings on the lots that you make? As prop nightlights will not show up if the prop is too close to the lotborder also sometimes the nighlights show up in one (view)direction and not the other.

bat

That houses are looking very great!
The stadium, too, so far! :thumbsup:

bat56

Thank you guys, your comments are greatly appreciated.

-kwakelaar: The problem seems solved with the night lighting...thank you for help!!!  :thumbsup:
I worked on textures and will show the final result quickly, must still fix some small details!!

-bat: thank you for the support and sorry to have the same pseudo one as you, pure coincidence...   :-[   ;)

I have started to test the "BATforMAX"... and I will never use again Gmax!!!
Need a little time to familiarize me with the raytracing and the shaders. Last night, I carried out this...

NOPIXEL school of graphics

NOPIXEL is a small graphics company of one of my friend, but the building does not exist.
Still work on the roof, the entry and the windows...

Take Care_________&__________feedback is welcome.                       

Krio

Nopixel is simple, but great. I like it very much, just like Ovo Stadium. I wish that I would have same amount of skills as you.  :)

Shadow Assassin

Looking good!

Divide the front windows into 3 sections and have some of them open. And maybe it'd be a good idea if you lit up from the inside using an omni or something else, rather than using night maps on the windows.
New Horizons Productions
Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dedgren ♦ dmscopio ♦ Ennedi
emilin ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ papab2000
Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
See my uploads on the LEX!

bat56

Little Update...!

Bengt: Thank you, you also makes very good things. I do not have large connaisances but I improve.

Shadow Assassin: Thank you too, I followed your opinion and I added some a little...  ;)               
                         I do not use the nightmaps on the windows. they is targetspot with the option include/exclude activeted,
                         but it is funnier with the omni!!!

NOPIXEL School of graphics

It is not final but I advance... like that already more!!!

Good news____________________Ovo Stadium is in 3DMAX!!!

Bad news... I will remake the part of bottom. Because of my way of modelling it, I am blocked to make modifications.    :'(
to wish me good luck, there is job!!!

Take Care_________&__________feedback is welcome.

TheTeaCat

Amazing. you start with a little house and end with a superb office and the reworking of the stadium well the roof part
is fantastic. I will wait patiently for your next update
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

JosefBrisko135

Progressing fast, excellent!
I'm going to assume you speak French and German ya?
&apls
Your signature was TOO BIG and TOO BULKY ... System ADMIN

bat56

Hello all.

TheTeaCat: thank you for the support Sir  :) ...the Ovo Stadium will take a long time to finish but I want to see it in the game!
JosefBrisko: you have with half reason, French yes... German no, or then just a little.... Deutsch ist schwierig...  &mmm

Small update from Ovo Stadium!

I progress but it's hard....  :D

I decided to put my three projects in stand-by, because I want to make ships and Swamper77 will carry them out in automata.
Don't ask me how it makes, I have any idea. It's, at the beginning an idea of Ennedi to make the lakes and seas more alive.
I am completely excited by this project and here what I have at disposal.

Ship1

Ship2

Ship3

Ship4

Ship5

Ship6

Ship7

Ship8

Ship9

Ship10

Some of there found on the Web, others one made one moment ago. The Trimaran I did it the last night.  $%#Ninj2
All is not equal quality but Ship1 and 6 seem to me ready for a small test!?!!?
What do you think of that and the quality of the models appears sufficient to you????
Well-on, don't hesitate to poste useful links & pictures in connection with this project.
And all your criticisms are welcome...

Stay tuned!  &opr
To Follow_______________________Sam!

mightygoose

sam this is some mighty impressive work... the boats are fantastic....

the stadium is a vast improvement on the previous version, and i cannot wait to see it finished.

keep up the good work.

MG
John
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat56

To tell the truth, Ovo is not completely in Stand-by...  :)

Thus, I do not have much advanced on the boats!  :-[

Thank's for support________Sam!

zero7

I love the boats, they'll be a much needed addition to the game.  As far as rendering is concerned can I suggest that as well as letting swamper have the models to turn into automata, you also render a straight and diagonal version of each boat and for the sailboats render with sails up and sails down.  The version with sails down would be very useful as a marina prop.
Call me Richard

Ennedi

@bat56,

These ships and boats are fantastic! I never expect that such a good stuff was appear as an answer for my suggestion!  &apls &apls &apls
All details are awesome. As Swamper said, some of them can be invisible in the game, but the general form of each ship will look great in every zoom  :thumbsup:

I must say your other projects are very interesting too. More please!  ;D
New Horizons Productions
Berethor - beskhu3epnm - blade2k5 - dmscopio - dedgren - Emilin - Ennedi
jplumbley - moganite - M4346 - nichter85 - papab2000 - Shadow Assassin - Tarkus - wouanagaine

bat56

TheTeaCat

Astounding. What fantastic models of the boats and ships &apls They all look amazing :thumbsup:

I like what you are doing with the stadium too.

A well deserved

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II