• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Port St Claire (#36)

Started by Swordmaster, October 07, 2012, 05:19:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

benedict

Gorgeous as always, keeping you at number one on BTT this week.

There are no rewards for long stays at the top, but you'll get a special mention if you beat the current record. And you'll certainly be featuring in the year-end top 100.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Dantes

The wetland with the beautiful autumn wood is a work of art!  :) I love the little way with the coach, very impressive and a great atmosphere.  :thumbsup:

wallasey

Stunning views with the dirt path forging its way through the woodland around your open fertile plains. I hope this rural tranquility lasts a while longer!

Kergelen

Your work on the wetlands is awesome. What I love is that you use the not plopable water with an exelnt result &apls

The FAR path and the textures are fantastic too.

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

Oh, I think I'm a little late for this update... ::)

I love how you place the trees, none of them overlap and look like one is on top of the other one. That is something that i need to work on. :D And yeah, that water looks better than most ploppables waters. :P

Ooh, i can't wait for NAM 31!

Oh yeah, congrats on getting the picture into the HoF!
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

apeguy

There's an insane amount of detail in there, very impressive. The dragable FAR is a massive breakthrough, and you've implemented it well here. It looks very natural. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The Deltan Empire is here! Click the Banner to have a look! | Kanalka City, Capital of the Barrier Islands

PlayStation Network ID: theapeguy

Swordmaster

Note: I've also retroactively added this to the previous update. I can't swim, I need structures to hold on to.

Don't worry about all that, it's a reminder of where we are and where we're going (someday).

1.2.   Dewitt Mansion

There's obviously no city without people (or countryside, in our case), so from time to time there'll be a reference to certain somebodies. In this case, it would be fun to see where one of the more financially comfortable fellows is residing. Charles Dewitt was probably the wealthiest settler of the late 1790s and this little spot south of St Claire is where he put up his cabin.

You'll notice there's work to be done. Basically, it's just a wilderness surrounded by farms (his farms, of course). Let's hope he can soon hire a gardener, at least.

The next few updates will most likely zoom in and out hereabouts. There's some details in there you don't see in this one. You may notice there's one lapse here, which is the absence of a T21 mod for the FA2 & 3 tiles (coming soon).

So, I hope you have some bandwidth left. The full version is taken at zoom 5. (Note: I do not reimburse blown up browsers or image viewers.)

Replies

Quote from: MTT9What a great pic Willy! I do believe that FA-2 and memo's draggable FA roads will change the game quite a lot. I look foward to using them myself...
Thanks Matt! It's definitely a major change. I feel the grid has been dealt a final blow.

Quote from: GirafeGood job with the flora items  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks Antoine!

Quote from: vortextAs usual this is an excellent shot! Though imho the roadtexture is too narrow and clean cut, you may want to extend the shoulders a bit. Other than that I can only echo Girafe, the flora is just gorgeous!  &apls
I suppose I'd better listen to your texture advice! So, that's what I did. Tell me what you think of the current version. Thanks for commenting!

Quote from: noahclemA mosaic of tremendous beauty  &apls &apls &apls   All the details look perfect but it's even better to know what's going on below. Your texture modding is just beautiful and draggable FAR speaks for itself. How much T21ing is involved here? Just excellent  :o
Thanks Noah. Only one T21'd prop here: the cart. All trees were planted.

Quote from: JmouseI believe someone said recently that good things are worth waiting for, and this update proves they were right. Port St Claire has become synonymous with stunning in-game photos ever since I first discovered your work. I especially like the bottom half of this newest shot. Separating the clumps of trees and allowing some weeds to grow in the empty spaces makes for a very realistic scene. And there's some more of that well-placed sand. I'll have to try and copy you. ;)

Really nice mosaic, Willy...
-Joan
Thanks Joan. David once said a good mosaic gets better scrolling down. The bottom area is some of that marshland the region currently has a-plenty. The area around Barton is a bit drier, but the closer you get to the lake, the wetter it all gets. And you know what they say. . . copying is the biggest compliment.  :)

Quote from: jmyers2043That old dirt trail has some subtle bends and turns.  ???   ??? 

- Jim
Hey Jim, thanks. "Subtle bends" makes a nice title for this picture in the HoF, thank you.

Quote from: vesterWow is that really SC4 !!!  :thumbsup:
Of course it is, my friend, no tricks played here. It is not incredibly hard to achieve, just a bit of luck I think. Thanks for stopping by!

Quote from: ecobaJoan certainly hit the nail on the head when she said that good things are worth the wait. That scene is truly amazing!  :)

Ethan
Thanks Ethan. I think I needed some rest after that OSITM run. Glad to see you visiting again!

Quote from: rooker1Very impressive mosaic!  Love the amount of detail you have managed to jam into this area.

Robin
Thanks Robin, but that was just a warm up ;)   Hope you enjoy this scene as well.

Quote from: rambuckelThat's a really beautiful scenery! I wish I'd sit on that cart  &apls &apls &apls
Thanks Theresa. I'm sure if you ask politely, these folks will be happy to give you a ride ;)

Quote from: RickDBeautiful pictures. Who would have thought this would be possible ten years ago? Certainly not me.
Thanks Raphael. Ten years ago I was still playing SC3000 :D  (bad computer).

Quote from: kelisI just can say amazing !!! Everything is perfect in your pictures, it's like looking at a painting, a work of art, everything fits perfectly.

Keep up the good work  :thumbsup:
Thanks Jonathan, I'm glad you stopped by.

Quote from: benedictGorgeous as always, keeping you at number one on BTT this week.

There are no rewards for long stays at the top, but you'll get a special mention if you beat the current record. And you'll certainly be featuring in the year-end top 100.
Thanks Ben. I'm already looking forward to the next birthday month!

Quote from: DantesThe wetland with the beautiful autumn wood is a work of art!  :) I love the little way with the coach, very impressive and a great atmosphere.  :thumbsup:
Thanks my friend!

Quote from: wallaseyStunning views with the dirt path forging its way through the woodland around your open fertile plains. I hope this rural tranquility lasts a while longer!
Thanks buddy! Apparently, it will. I need to get all sorts of things sorted out before I can do some more "real" city building.

Quote from: KergelenYour work on the wetlands is awesome. What I love is that you use the not plopable water with an exelnt result &apls

The FAR path and the textures are fantastic too.
Thanks! Yes, I'm not a fan of ploppable water. Or better, I'm no good with it. That's why PSC is mostly flat (in the game at least).

Quote from: sunv123Oh, I think I'm a little late for this update... ::)

I love how you place the trees, none of them overlap and look like one is on top of the other one. That is something that i need to work on. :D And yeah, that water looks better than most ploppables waters. :P

Ooh, i can't wait for NAM 31!

Oh yeah, congrats on getting the picture into the HoF!
Thanks Victor. Don't worry, you're never late here; we've got all the time of the world. The overlapping issue depends on the model. The maples and birches have it very badly, the ashes and lindens much less. I do have to bulldoze now and then when it's too blatant. But if you look closely you'll see it's still there.

Quote from: apeguyThere's an insane amount of detail in there, very impressive. The dragable FAR is a massive breakthrough, and you've implemented it well here. It looks very natural. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Thanks Alex. I hope you can spend as much time with one of these as with ten smaller pictures.

Thanks for reading. I hope you had as much fun as those who didn't read.      &Thk/(

Cheers
Willy

nbvc

Great work.  :thumbsup: I found the SC4D logo. ;D

MTT9

Great pic once more Willy! Checking out the huge one is worth the waiting. Don't you forget, i'm still waiting to check out how those coasts and water colors turned out ;)
You can call me Matt

noahclem

It's a real pleasure navigating around this monster admiring all the details. Call it "splashing MMPs around" or whatever all you want but you've got wetlands creation down perfectly. You've also done an unusually good job with your fauna. Details like boats and sheds, docks and tree stumps, as well as your new farming MMPs are pleasant additions, and of course your network retexturing with draggable FAR-2 is kind to the eyes. Keep up the great work  &apls

Jmouse

This is a beautiful photo, Willy. You do a wonderful job on your rural scenes. I really like the way you place your trees, too. They always look very realistic and not too crowded.

Even though the overall effect here is uncluttered, there are plenty of details to see. And there you go again using the sand very effectively. Unfortunately, I tend to end up packing in as much stuff as I can – it always seems like one thing leads to another and another and another.

Good job on this...
-Joan

Dantes

Impressive Mozaik.  :o When I look at the picture of near-it's like I'm in the game.

Very, very impressive.  :thumbsup:  &apls &apls &apls

I have found your hidden message, awsome !  ()stsfd()

Simcoug

Outstanding  &apls

It is apparent that you take time to place each and every MMP - down to the last little weed.  Amazing details - bravo!

sim_link

Unbelievably stunning - everything in the scene is perfect. The colours, water and flora are so detailed - just simply perfect! ;D

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

benedict

Your amazing attention to detail in that image has kept everyone interested in your MD. No surprise that you're number one again on BTT.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

vortext

Congrats with another week at #1! Then again, it's not surprising giving your outstanding work!  &apls

The road texture seems about right to me, though I did notice minor flaws; stripes at the far T intersection (hope you understand what I mean) and the shoulder is uneven in the curves. But I'm nitpicking really because it looks great.  :thumbsup:

And what about maybe adding prop families to the T21s and/or different trees for different zones?! My two cents.  :)
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

mave94

That's such an awesome mosaic! There are so many details, like the birds in the swamps. I can hardly spot the grid. The only place, though, where you can see the grid is the edge of the farmfield. Perhaps some FAFs (Fractional Angled Farmfields) would help? Or maybe something like this. Are those paths transit enabled?  It's always nice seeing some in-game pictures from you. :thumbsup:

-Matthijs

Piterdaw1

These swamps are one of the best things I ever seen in SimCity. Congratulations!  &apls

rambuckel

I can just second that. These swamps are awesome! And the transition from the lake to the swamps is brilliant! Very very beautiful!  &apls &apls &apls &apls
Angels can fly because they don't take themselves too serious!