• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shaping Invermere Valley - Update 42 1/11/08

Started by jimmymac, June 11, 2007, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bat

Welcome to page 12!

That military base is looking very great, jimmymac! Wonderful work on that area!! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

dragonshardz

you're sure emigrating is a good idea? well, it's your life and i can't do squat, can i?

waiting for the next update (patiently of corse)

and thanks for clearing that up for me  ;)

jimmymac

Pat: I am indeed moving over to the US, I'm going to be relocating to New York City. I'm glad you liked the military base, I'd been putting it off for ages, and finally decided to bite the bullet, pun  not intended, and build it.

Serenity086 (Amanda): I'm glad that you like it, there will be more added to it at a later date.

sebes: Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley. Thank you for the compliments, I have been looking for a way to incorporate that stadium into a city for a long time and finally I found a way.  ()stsfd()

bat: Thank you for the warm welcome to page 12  ;D As always I'm glad you like the update.

Schulmanator:Firstly welcome to Invermere Valley. We're definately going to need that military to keep the region safe from the secrets harboring within Stark.

dragonshardz: You are welcome. As for if I am sure that emigrating is a good idea; I am emigrating to be with the woman that I love and, next March, will be marrying. In all truth I would move to the ends of the world if I had to do so as long as the outcome was the same and we got married. I am very much looking forward to my move over to the US, as it marks a new challenge in my life. Also the UK has got a bit stale after 26 years, so it's time for a change.

---------------------------------------------

Update 38 - Something Old And Something New...

Firstly let me apologise for the shorter update today, I've been tied up with marking work all week, so it's been difficult to get "face time" with simcity4, so all i have for today is 5 pics and a region shot. Hopefully I will be able to get more for next week so as to make up for this one.

Because Stark has been around for so long there are many old buildings in the city, including Stark Cathedral.

The Cathedral stands in the middle of a tower farm nowadays, but when it was built it was the centrepiece for the city.

Irontech has a new  R & D facility near the Cathedral, nicknamed "The Teardrop".

Jumping back over the river we see some more of Starks waterfront properties and the parks around them.

Finally all those people in those residential mosters need somewhere to shop, so WALMART answered their call.

Finally, this is how Invermere Valley now looks.

I hope you enjoyed this somewhat shorter update today, normal service will be resumed next week. Until then have a good weekend.

bat

Like always a wonderful update there! Great region overview there, too! :thumbsup:

Berethor

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio ♦ MallowTheCloud ♦ HabLeUrG ♦ moganite ♦ Mr Food11 ♦ jplumbley ♦ Vandy ♦ wouanagaine

jimmymac

bat: Glad you liked it :)

Berethor: Glad you liked the region view, it's truely a great region to work with.

Update 39 - A New Side To Stark...

Lets start with an overall of the area we will be covering in today's update, we're starting a brand new section of Stark today, the North-East quadrant.

This part of Stark is much much older, the buildings are also much lower, these being some of the highest buildings in the area.

Some chain stores love this area too, all the kids from the apartment buildings like being this close to Toys R Us.

Wegmans moved in nearby too, making everyone happy as they don't have too far to walk for food etc.

This area is a hit with restaurants and small businesses as everything is still within proximity of the busiest part of the city, but is just much more peaceful here.

One of the oldest buildings in this part of the city, this department store has stood in the same spot for over a hundred years now, it is now seen as something of a local landmark.

Crime is so low in Stark that the police can take afford a little downtime every now and then.

It wouldn't be Stark without having some parks here and there, this is a simple little park interspaced between some of the busy streets and avenues of North-East Stark.

I hope that you enjoyed this update, I will return next week with another update to N-E Stark. Until then, have a good week.

serenity086

No city is ever complete without having a Toys R' Us and a Krispy Kreme lolol. The cathedral you have in Update 38 is really nice. Looks like one i would like to have in one of my cities.

Come Visit Murdock Valley

Heblem

oh excellent work! really love the way you did in your update 38 iwth the cathedral and the wtc.  :) also nice stores and suburbs, keep it up  :thumbsup:

quackmofro

This is a very nice region you have! I'm really enjoying all the updates.

Quote from: jimmymac on November 30, 2007, 12:27:49 PM

This area is a hit with restaurants and small businesses as everything is still within proximity of the busiest part of the city, but is just much more peaceful here.

It looks like the clinic in the picture is missing the base texture. Just a small thing to point out. It's from Vicgon's hospital pack on ST, and the only dependency is the LBT Prop Pack 1.

jimmymac

Serenity086: (Amanda) Glad you liked it, I agree, no city is complete without Cracka G and his crew.  :P (Private joke sorry, this will mean nothing to anyone but her and myself)

Helbem: Thank you very much for your kind comments I'm glad you liked the area, it is one of my personal favourite areas in the city, as you see a nice merge of old and new in the same place.

quackmofro: Welcome to Invermere Valley, i hope you enjoy your stay.  ;D I do love the region to be honest as much as it scares me everytime I look at it due to the sheer scale of the work to be done, but I will stick with it. I'm nothing if not dedicated. Also, thank you for the tip on the texture, it seems to be an intermittent issue, as I have all the files that it needs, seems to occur when i revert from being underground every now and then.

Now, sadly this week I have to admit there is no update. RLS has gotton the better of me and beaten me down this week and I haven't even had a chance to launch sc4 at all. I had a choice to make for this update and that was to produce an update that would be subpar compared to the others (with a few pictures hastily taken today), or  delay the update. I chose the latter as I didn't want to dissapoint people with a short and bad update. I will return next week for update 40 and set up for something a little special for Christmas (we've not seen the "high lights" of Invermere Valley yet.)

Once again, I am truely sorry to everyone who follows me here, Stu

Pat

Stu its all good... dont worry at all... Im sorry ive missed the last few updates they have been great!!!! hope RL calms down a bit...

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

bat

Wonderful new update there, jimmymac! Like the last picture of that update. :thumbsup:

jimmymac

Pat: Thanks for the kind wishes, as for missing updates, it's all good. RL seems to be kicking everyone ass at the moment.

bat: Stark does seem to have some wonderful little parks springing up throughout the city. I might dedicate one future update to displaying them all in greater detail.

(anyone else notice that the two commenters names rhymed this week?)  :P
--------------------------------------------

Update 40 - Back To School...

Stark is home to not 1, but 2 universities. Today we will be visiting the very selective Invermere State University campus as well as seeing a couple more areas in Stark.

This area of Stark continues to grow, a distinct history is beginning to form throughout the buildings, especially around this block.

The waiting list on apartments in this building is very long indeed due to it's spectacular views.

Every big city needs a good football stadium, Stark is no exception.

Above we see the graphics design building (in the middle in black), the main academic building (at the bottom) and the media buildings (to the left)

Here we see the media buildings again at the bottom, the culinary academy (the middle building in the row of 3) and 2 lecture halls (to the left and right of the culinary academy)

The main campus library alongside Smith Tower.

A zoomed in shot between some of the campus buildings. Looks like a busy morning on campus.

The university campus is not exempt from the parkland act, so it still has to maintain a certain percentage of parkland within the area, students enjoy getting lunch from the food stands near the library.

Well, that brings us to an end for today, I hope that you enjoyed the update. Next week I will bring you a very special christmas update. Until then, have a good week.

Air6

This is my first comment about your MD and I would have liked to post my comment earlier because I really like the style of your city. You'll can be sure that you'll see other comments by me. Great work  :thumbsup:

serenity086

Yay, a pretty building just for the culinary students! I wouldnt mind learning there lol  ;D . So many nice school grounds. I wish my college campus was as pretty as the ones in Stark.

Come Visit Murdock Valley

bat

Great update of that university! Nice pictures! Looking forward to the special Christmas Update and the second university.

jimmymac

Air6: Thank you for your kind comments and welcome to Invermere Valley :) I hope you enjoy future updates and I look forward to reading your feedback.

Serenity086: I thought you would like the culinary academy. Sadly I think that this campus would like a little out of place in NYC.  :P

bat: I'm glad you like the university. Sadly we will have to wait until next week to see Stark City Campus, however I am bring the Christmas update this week.

--------------------------------------------

Update 41 - Christmas Comes But Once A Year.

So far i've spent all my time on the floor of the valley but today, in a special Christmas update, we are going to get high.... I mean higher

This bridge crossing over Murdoch River is always a favourite one with tourists, as it one of the more picturesque areas to stop for a photo, plus if they are really lucky they may catch the owner of the lodge leaving or coming home.

Some people just seem to prefer the simple life. And when they have their own island who can blame them.

If you follow the road up from the river crossing you will eventually climb up into the immense mountain ranges that are the landmark of Invermere Valley. Pine Ridge is just one of the many small villages and towns located throughout the mountains.

Life in the mountains is truly the polar opposite of life in the valley. Here the air is cleaner, and everyone lives much happier. Pine Ridge's buildings are mostly made from, you guessed it, pine trees.

A closer shot of the main street.

The towns only export, a nice christmas toy factory.

Pine Ridge is a very small community, but the factories owners live like royalty in their lodge with not only two cars, but two boats also.

However everyone lives happily in Pine Ridge, lodges of various sizes dot throughout the town.

The town of Pine Ridge is expanding as people look to flee life in the cities. Who knows what it will look like next time we see it....

That brings this special xmas update to an end. I hope you have all enjoyed todays update, and I just want to wish everyone a merry christmas and thank you for all your comments and support over the last 6 months. I will return next week with another update, until then have a happy holiday.

bat

Nice little town there on the mountain!! Great work and pictures of it! :thumbsup:

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0