• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Shaping Invermere Valley - Update 42 1/11/08

Started by jimmymac, June 11, 2007, 08:21:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Snaper

Very nice, I love your fields  :thumbsup:

Good luck for the next  :P  ;)

jimmymac

patfirefghtr (Pat): I'm glad you liked the updates, the hi-tech farms will come back to haunt the farmers later on, I have no doubt of that.

bat: I'm glad you liked them, it's getting difficult to find spots for industry in the area now though.

tooheys (Dave): I'm sure the pyramid will arrive sooner or later, and I will truely welcome it. I've got a few stage 5's and 6's forming now, which look quite nice, especially the fountain park and the maze. As for the walls, they are by Jeronij, there are too version, the cold version that you can get here and the hot version which you can get here for either version you will need these props.

Snaper: I'm glad you like the Flatlands, we'll be spending the next couple of updates there and you will see much more of the area.

---------------------------------------------

Update 27 - Welcome To The Narrows

Today we  will be moving south along the river to the area known as The Narrows, so called due to the narrow rivers bends in this area.

Firstly we see the main road running through the narrows. Rural Route 7 runs its entire length through the flatlands, sometimes connecting with Highway 40.

Even from this great height, the trout farm is an imposing sight.

Although it is called the flatlands, the area is not perfectly flat. The flatlands name comes from the fact that it is the flatest area in Invermere Valley.

The area is indeed very hilly in places.

The old windmill is a great tourist attraction in the area.

Following Rural Route 7 through the flatlands as it curves toward the town of Penbrooke.

An overall for the area shown in this update, just to the north of Penbrooke.

I hope you all enjoyed todays update, I will return a week today with the next update as I am going to be missing all weekend. Until then have a good week.

Now a short message about the MLSB. I'm setting up a baseball league that will be tied into mayor diarys. Your baseball stadiums and teams will actually be brought to life in a simulator. You don't need to do anything more than just come up with a team name and team colours, everything else is done for you by the simulator. If you are interested in joining the first season then click here to read more.

serenity086

The farm land looks so pretty. I especially like the trout farm.  :thumbsup:

Come Visit Murdock Valley

bat

Pat

Stu you are a great farmer.... Well errr umm i should say that you are a great rural planner  ;)  A great update here as usal and will see you next update - pat

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

tooheys

Nicely done Stu, the farms on the rollings hills look superb. :thumbsup: I haven't quite worked that aspect out yet, my farm buildings always tend to bury themselves in the hill.

Cheers

Dave

PS: Thanks for the link

jimmymac

Serenity086 (Amanda): The Flatlands are probably my favourite area in the whole valley, maybe because it reminds me so much of home.

bat: I'm glad you liked them, I love the way the region looks now with all this farmland, however everyone will have to wait until update 31 before we see another region shot.

patfirefghtr (Pat): I think the farming thing is in my blood, my grandfather was a farmer all his working life, so i grew up around it and I think it's rubbed off on me.

tooheys (Dave): Your more than welcome regarding the links. In all truthfullness, I lose count of the amount of times I have to blitz the farms to stop them digging in the hill, there are some that I just can't avoid though, so I carefully photograph around those, lol.

Update 28 - The Village Of Penbrooke

Today we  will be staying in the Narrows for another update, and this time visiting the village of Penbrooke.

Firstly we zone the town in, nothing too fancy as is it just a small country village.

Some very careful zoning and patience is rewarded by the smalltown USA lots intermixed with spa's NS lots, just what I wanted. I just love the clock tower corner building.

The other end of the main street.

The surrounding farms almost devour the small village. Also in this picture you can see the high voltage lines as they stretch over the flatlands.

The fields go for as far as the eye can see in every direction, including up the hillside. (These were my first sets of CAM farms, I was very happy to see them emerge)

A close up of one of the hillside CAM farms.

Another CAM farm next to some beautiful flower fields.

An overall of the area covered in this update.

Now, I just want to apologise for the missed updates, I was away for 6 days in the end over last weekend so I missed the updates out. I will be dropping to a once weekly update schedule now due to an increase in workload as I  come to terms with the end of the holidays and get ready for the next academic year (yes, I am a teacher). I will update again next Friday, and then every Friday from then on. I hope you all enjoyed todays update, have a good week and I will see you all again on Friday.

Stu

Now a short message about the MLSB. I'm setting up a baseball league that will be tied into mayor diarys. Your baseball stadiums and teams will actually be brought to life in a simulator. You don't need to do anything more than just come up with a team name and team colours, everything else is done for you by the simulator. If you are interested in joining the first season then click here to read more.

Pat

Stu this was a perfect update and i loved it... very good job here  &apls :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

beskhu3epnm

Those are some pretty extreme hills for the farms. I've seen something similar to that in RL... Wait! In RL, the farms really are on those hills!

Great update, and the CAM farms do wonders for the look and appearance of this MD. You could probably fill half that valley with farms, but you will need to be creative to prevent repetition. I have a feeling you won't have a problem.

Keep it up!

beskh

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?board=79.0
New Horizons Productions Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio dedgren ♦ Ennedi ♦ Heblem ♦ jplumbley ♦ moganite M4346 ♦ Shadow Assassin ♦ Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine

rooker1

Great update.......nice little town in the middle of lots of farms.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

bat

Wonderful looking farms and small town! Great work on this area! :thumbsup:

TheTeaCat

Stu Absolutley amazing. I am sorry for not posting since the very first comment but I have been lost in the woods for ages and trying to find my way to Bedford. Its a wonderful md that you have and I do keep an eye on it  ;)

Kettle's on you deserve it :thumbsup:

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

tooheys

Good one Stu. The small town fits in well with the rural community. The surrounding farms and landscape are great as always. :thumbsup:

I noticed the gray electricity towers, a lot better than the defaults :). Are they functional?

Cheers

Dave

jplumbley

Hey Dude!  Awesome update, that looks alot like little towns in the US or some areas of Canadian towns.  Very exciting, I love the rolling farms.  Keep up the great work... maybe we'll get a sneal peak of the SAM in action soon :P
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM

Nardo69

Hello Jimmy!

I was just having a quick look over here in my coffee break and what did I see? Rolling farm fields on hilly maps "a la Nardo" (to quote my friend Darmok)  :thumbsup:   &apls

Nice layout on that village. You might however exchange the brown tiles between the houses with garden lots and some trees, if they are farm fields how should the farmer reach there?

First time I think that I see the new PEG Skyfarms in a CJ / MD. Not bad ...

A hint: When you do rural shots don't turn the settings of the automata to full otherwise they just produce too much of traffic on those small rural streets ...

Take care and make backups!

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

jimmymac

patfirefghtr (Pat): I'm glad you liked the updates, we're going to be saying goodbye to the countryside for a while now, so things are going to get a little more urban again.

beskhu3epnm: Nice to know that the farms aren't that out of the ordinary. I must say I have never visited the Invermere Valley region, the farms on the hills thing is very much like the way it is not too far from where I live. The Lincolnshire Woulds are very hilly and mostly farms. Don't worry, i have a lot of plans for the valley, farms wont take up a great deal of space in there in the end.

rooker1 (Robin): In all truth Penbrooke almost didn't happen, in the end I'm glad that it did because it turned out quite nice, although a few things might yet change in it.

bat: I'm glad you liked the area as i said above we'll be going more urban again for a while.

TheTeaCat: I'm glad you like the updates so far. I'm happy to see you managed to avoid the fires when you got lost in the forests. Bedford is also such a sprawl that im amazed that you didn't get lost there either. I'll gladly take you up on that offer of the drink too  :)

tooheys (Dave): Ah the towers, a long time was spent lamenting how they needed better powerlines in a previous update, well it seems that the gods of simcity saw fit to send someone down to fill that area, Faka over at simtropolis has some very good powerline packs, all of which are indeed fully functional.

jplumbley: You should indeed see the SAM soon, given that I tested it out on Stark maybe next update the SAM will come into it

Nardo69 (Bernhard): The PEG skyfarms will indeed be making an impact as the farming community goes to war with the industry. As for Penbrooke, I was not sure about the area between the buildings, I intended it to be dead space, but now I look at it I know it needs changing.
I might give the lower settings a try too, as I find that there are far too many trucks turning up now I have tons of farms.

Update 29 - A Stark Comparison

The highway system in Stark is the best in the entire of Invermere Valley, what should be expected really given that Stark is the capital city of the region.

As you can see the highway intersects the centre of the CBD, therefore the decision was made to sink it down into the ground and allow the streets and avenues to bridge over it.

The main park weaves between the buildings and is centred around Worlds Circle Plaza.

A close up of part of the parks in the CBD.

Another shot of the park, showing how it meanders between the buildings. Worlds Circle Park is the pride of Stark and the centerpiece for the city's business district.

Worlds Circle Plaza and park in all it's glory. Worlds Circle Plaza is the central hub for the city, all the avenues terminate here.

A shot from Worlds Circle Plaza down Steve Rogers Drive toward the Asian district.

I hope you all enjoyed this update and the first look at the great city that is Stark, we will be spending quite a bit of time here, so I will make sure that the hotel has plenty of rooms to spare. ;D Until next week, have a good one.

Pat

stu this is ok for a urban area... naw its great... i do love that roundabout filler its sweet looking - pat

tooheys

Looking good Stu, can't wait to see a bit more of Stark  :thumbsup:

The hwy looks great and it's good to see all the green space between the highrises.

Cheers

Dave

bat

Wonderful update! Great pictures of that urban area!! Fantastic work! :thumbsup:

jplumbley

Awesome update!!  I am wondering, is that Jeronij's Street Side Mod or what sidewalk mod are you using?  I cannot tell, they are a darker greyish than I have noticed before.
"You learn something new everyday."

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/169/nhpjplumbleykv3.gif
Bringing the new horizons closer to reality.

Berethor ♦ beskhu3epnm ♦ blade2k5 ♦ dmscopio jplumbley ♦ moganite ♦ M4346 ♦ Dedgren ♦ Ennedi Shadow Assassin ♦  Tarkus ♦ wouanagaine
Street Addon Mod - SAM