• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

z

You definitely have two copies of the NAM in your Plugins folder.  If one of them is DatPacked, you just have to go into your Plugins_Compressed subfolder, where you will find a file named Network Addon Mod.dat.  Remove this file, and you should be fine.

pieman101

Hi there i need some help because i tried to make my real highway 6s go under a maxis elivated highway and this happened /img]plz  help me  because when ever i try to drive there my car dissaperes
Derrrrrrrrrrrp!!!!!!!!!!!  i post cuz i want to

Tarkus

The RHW-6S can't go under a Maxis Highway at present.  It'll deconvert to an RHW-2, and if you're trying to U-Drive-It down the highway, it'll end the U-Drive-It session.  There's no way around it.

-Alex

ivo_su

Quote from: z on November 03, 2012, 05:14:11 PM
You definitely have two copies of the NAM in your Plugins folder.  If one of them is DatPacked, you just have to go into your Plugins_Compressed subfolder, where you will find a file named Network Addon Mod.dat.  Remove this file, and you should be fine.

You know Steve I really tried everything, but things become more bizarre and inexplicable. I took out my folder of my RHW deskstop to be out of the plugin and what to see:
RHW rather not exist in the game menu, the highways are there only in the old version 4.2.
Then I decided to remove all mega-DAT files of my models and guess ... It turned out that I had multiple brown boxes, but highways stay and there is nothing that is able to move from there. Of course, in this form they exist only once but their format is the old version of the RHW. And when you make any attempt to install, I get the new 5.0 version but this time has doubled. From here I concludes that the problem I have is not in SС4DAT Models somewhere else but no one knows where

spot

Has anyone else had a problem with plopping "T" Avenue Onslope puzzle pieces on the opposite sides of a the edge? It doesnt seems to be possible for me?

When i remove the the two road pieces at the bottom of the ditch, and try to plop it this happens:

eggman121

Hello spot

The problem is that you are plopping the avenue piece on flat terrain.
Even if you plop it correctly you would not be able to place a tulep piece between the ramps and the onslope puzzle piece.

Here is how I managed to recreate what you are trying to attempt.

Place the onslope piece correctly as shown in the image above

draw a one way road through the stub and delete one end to make the stub look like the picture above

Place the FAR ramp as shown in the picture above.

Place the tulep piece between the onslope transition and the FAR Ramp to get something that looks like the picture above

With a little more work you can create interchanges like the picture above.

Hope this helps you out.

eggman

Indiana Joe

Good demonstration by eggman, but just to make it a little more clear, spot, make sure that you always have the last tile of the onslope pieces out over the edge of the cliff.  With the normal onslope pieces, you have two tiles that are back on the raised part.  But with the t onslope, only one tile is on the flat, raised section.

Quote from: ivo_su on November 16, 2012, 08:30:15 AM
You know Steve I really tried everything, but things become more bizarre and inexplicable. I took out my folder of my RHW deskstop to be out of the plugin and what to see:
RHW rather not exist in the game menu, the highways are there only in the old version 4.2.
Then I decided to remove all mega-DAT files of my models and guess ... It turned out that I had multiple brown boxes, but highways stay and there is nothing that is able to move from there. Of course, in this form they exist only once but their format is the old version of the RHW. And when you make any attempt to install, I get the new 5.0 version but this time has doubled. From here I concludes that the problem I have is not in SС4DAT Models somewhere else but no one knows where

ivo, have you checked in the Plugins folder in C:\Program Files\Maxis\SimCity 4?  If the duplicate files aren't there, you might try removing all the NAM components from your regular plugins, and then Windows Search the folder for something like "RHW" or "NAM" and see if there are files remaining.

ltristain

Not sure if this is the right place to ask, but I'm having trouble with getting elevated rail to work with the HSRP Transit Hub mod. For this station, the HSR works, the rail works, but somehow elevated rail just won't work.

I've tried to isolate the problem by creating a test city with the elevated rail being the only path of commute, and confirmed that the issue is specific to the station. I also tried to ensure there are no adjacent road crossings immediately outside of the station, but that didn't help.

Anyone know if this is a known issue with this station? If so, is there a way to make it work?

Thanks in advance for any answers.

sunv123

Okay, so i'll first ask you this: did you just drag el-rail to the hub, or did you place it over the stretch like advised? These problems usually don't happen very often with El-Rail, but more with the (G)HSR. I might ask Jonathan, or Andreas about this, but until i find out, you should look here on these pages.

http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2089.380
http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=2089.420

Hope this help some with your problem. :)

-sunv123 :sunny:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

ltristain

I dragged el-rail through the hub, on the line that supports el-rail. I had no trouble dragging the el-rail through the hub, but the station doesn't seem to be recognized as a place where sims can get on and off the el-rail, as I never get any traffic on the el-rail even when it's the only possible commute path.

Thanks for looking into this. I'll check out the threads you linked.

Edit: upon reading those threads I realized what you meant by "placing it over the stretch", so I tried it out, but unfortunately it doesn't work.

Architect_1077

So I was changing some roads in a city I'm building and I noticed this small path problem when I tried creating a T-intersection with 2 roads and 1 one-way road. Anyone come across this problem before?

z

Fascinating!  This bug happens on a fully patched system, both with and without the NAM.  Apparently, Maxis missed this in their final pathing patches.  Looks like something for the NAM pathing experts to fix...

Swordmaster

I noticed this a while ago. I thought it was supposed to be like that, since there doesn't seem to be a proper place for the path to go to.

Cheers
Willy

Apple Delight

Quote from: Architect_1077 on December 28, 2012, 11:39:44 AM
So I was changing some roads in a city I'm building and I noticed this small path problem when I tried creating a T-intersection with 2 roads and 1 one-way road. Anyone come across this problem before?

I've come across this once before; I'd post pictures but I'm not on the right PC at the moment. It looks as if the left lane of the OWR-2 should turn left & the right continue straight ahead (maybe an opportunity for OWR TuLEPs? (although in that case it would be more like a CP)).

z

Quote from: Apple Delight on December 28, 2012, 04:49:06 PM
It looks as if the left lane of the OWR-2 should turn left & the right continue straight ahead...

This seems to me to be the most reasonable solution.  Notice there's another error here - the right lane of the OWR has options to turn left into both lanes of the intersecting road.  The nearest turn (which ends in the green X) should be removed.

Apple Delight

Architect_1077

@ Apple
That is strange indeed.

@Z
Any idea if this is fixable?

jdenm8

It'd take a lot of time to fix a bug that only effects UDI (The Traffic Simulator switches lanes before the intersection).

As for the LHD paths, I play LHD and I admit, they generally suck. But the only times it's really noticeable is when you're in UDI or using DrawPaths. The game works around them fine, which is probably why Maxis made the LHD conversion such a half-arsed effort.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

gwaihir

Hi there,
I'm getting a bug in the region view, and it's only happened since I started using NAM. Basically my newest city, which has some NAM avenue/highway interchanges, won't show the transport map on the region view. It stays on the satellite map instead.

Here's a couple of pictures:  http://imgur.com/a/pfaDG#0 The second one shows that the regional transport routing is still working in a neighbouring city.
Anyone ever seen this bug before? I'm afraid my google-fu failed me on this one %confuso
Moo.