• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

NAM Issues Thread - PLEASE POST YOUR NAM QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS HERE

Started by jahu, June 03, 2007, 10:15:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jdenm8

The new Diagonal Avenue diamond can operate perfectly fine on the RHD paths, it's just that the IID range the puzzle piece was put in is one set aside for pieces requiring LHD remapping. (In fact, all my patch does for that piece is provide a duplicate of the RHD paths in the 0x7nnnnnnn range)

It's more that they don't do (and never have done to my knowledge - it plagues a lot of German transit mods and TE'd lots) the LHD conversions themselves, the aforementioned superhuman person used to do them.

I have been doing them, but everyone's been hit with RLS and the way I wanted these distributed is kind of less than perfect.

"We're making SimCity, not some dopey casual game." -Ocean Quigley

Zitchas

Good morning, I've got what appears to be a problem with the pedestrian mall tiles in the NAM. Or at least, as best I can narrow it down, anyway.

I stumbled upon this while laying out a new city, aiming for a minimal road (very high pedestrian and mass transit) city, so I was starting out by laying down pedestrian routes, leaving spaces in between for the few roads and/or monorail I was planning for. When I went to lay down the road/monorail afterwards, it gave me red "unsuitable gradient" errors when the road or monorail passed between two pedestrian mall tiles, despite being almost perfectly flat ground.

Not as consistently, but still rather frequently would get the same problem when running monorail alongside a long string of pedestrian mall tiles.

having come across these "unsuitable gradients" I tried using other transit types (streets and rail have both been useful in being cheap leveling tools to prep terrain for roads and monorail int the past), only to find that they were blocked by "unsuitable gradients/terrain" too. Even on max zoom, though, these areas look perfectly flat. (I'd used the "quick level tool on this and large areas of the map in terraforming mode before I got started) So then moved on to placing plopables - such as plazas - on the offending square, then buldozing it, in an attempt to level the gradient. (has worked before in rough terrain, but doesn't here).

Eventually brought out the leveler tool and hit the spot a couple times which didn't appear to do anything other than destroy the adjacent pedestrian mall tiles, but the road and monorail could now go through.

From all this, it appears that there's something about the pedestrian mall tiles that interfere somehow with the gradient of adjacent tiles, although I'm not sure what or how.

On a different note, are there monorail-over-pedestrian tiles hidden somewhere? Seems like a logical dual-network sort of thing to have all that space under the monorail as pedestrian walkways.

jdenm8

You must make sure that they are absolutely flat (You can miss places with the brushes). Clicking stubs of road across where you want to build works well.

As for Monorail over Network, no there isn't.

mike3775

I have always found that its best to lay the roads first, then the ped tiles, because the ped tiles are finicky and every so often you have to bulldoze a piece of road to plop the two ped tiles on either side of them.

snuus

I was hoping someone can help, the cars seem to disappear about 2 meters in front of each other which is a bit annoying as it takes alot of the realism away, any solutions would be a godsend and very much appreciated if anyone knows of a mod or some info and they can point me in the right direction as I've been looking for the best part of 3 hours. Thanks in advance

Tarkus

First off, welcome to SC4D, snuus!

The way the game is designed, the cars are supposed to disappear, as they can eat up processor pretty quick otherwise (and they have no effect on the underlying simulation).  I'd recommend making sure your graphics details for animations are set to High in game, and I'd also recommend trying out the NAM Radical Automata Plugin. 

There's also another mod out there called the "Persistent Automata Mod" (PAM) on the STEX, but it has problems with some NAM content.

Hope that helps!

-Alex

relics8801

Hello again NAM-Team  :)
Thank you for upload the NAM Hotfix Package.
A lot of pieces which had problem of SC4Path are corrected, they working right. :thumbsup:

But, I confirmed 2 kind of piecese are not solved yet with LEFT-HAND Version. $%Grinno$%
- Oneway Roard Puzzle Piece

- Rail Puzzle Piece

I'm look forward to next update.
Thank you always for your big effort NAM-Team. &apls  &apls

Thank you
I helping to management a site the WBML4jp - wiki in Japan.

jdenm8

I didn't fix the OWR Viaduct curve because I thought that it may be linked the the RUL issue. I can see that it now isn't. It should use the RHD paths anyway. However, I can reproduce it on my end.

As for the crossover... That's new and I can't reproduce it on my end (I run an identical LHD file to the Hotfix).

harryloko20

j-dub

I hate to ask you, but do you have some pictures of that, so your problems could be diagnosed?

harryloko20

Well, another place my city, that havent a "nam road" , cars run normally,in street too...but here, where have road nam, i cant see cars,i cant see them in STREET TOO o_O , before,cars appeared :( - look the prints.
Have lots of cars 1000+ i can see them after NAM TRANSINTION only !!!

Here u can see,the way.

But appear (nenhum = nothing) o_O ? Where's the Fries? (next time we'll wash your mouth out with soap)?another parts of city, without NAM parts run nornamally

SAM streets, run normally too.

Tarkus

It could be that the simulator hasn't yet adjusted to you having that NMAVE-4 in game (which can take up to a few in-game months).  Additionally, try turning the DrawPaths cheat on.  It looks like commuters are actually using the NMAVE-4 from your image with the Query Arrows, however. 

-Alex

Belgrade Sim

I may have missed something, but how can i make a 3 lane roundabout, like in this picture?

And is it just an eye-candy or does it have higher capacity?

Thank u

jdenm8

The inner lane is part of the roundabout filler and is purely eyecandy.

harryloko20

Quote from: Tarkus on April 14, 2012, 11:18:40 AM
It could be that the simulator hasn't yet adjusted to you having that NMAVE-4 in game (which can take up to a few in-game months).  Additionally, try turning the DrawPaths cheat on.  It looks like commuters are actually using the NMAVE-4 from your image with the Query Arrows, however. 

-Alex

What simulator?I have Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool ... using im medium i think.Cars use the road, but dont appear only x.x.About mounths, u saying in game mounths?if yes , i'll try pass so mounth

Tarkus

Quote from: harryloko20 on April 15, 2012, 07:55:03 AM

-Alex

What simulator?I have Traffic Simulator Configuration Tool ... using im medium i think.Cars use the road, but dont appear only x.x.About mounths, u saying in game mounths?if yes , i'll try pass so mounth

In your case, it'd mean the simulator that you've built using the TSCT.  And yes, in-game months.  Give the game some time to figure out things are there.

-Alex

noahclem

harryloko20

Quote from: Tarkus on April 15, 2012, 01:00:11 PM
Quote from: harryloko20 on April 15, 2012, 07:55:03 AM

-Alex

In your case, it'd mean the simulator that you've built using the TSCT.  And yes, in-game months.  Give the game some time to figure out things are there.

-Alex

Hi,nice work NAM Team, it worked - i just need pass some months (sorry for english,im braziliam) ;D

cogeo

Can someone please take a look into this (2nd pic)?

It's easy to reproduce, it occurs if the highway is in the north-south direction (not east-west), and you drag the road (under an existing highway).

MandelSoft

Simple to explain: it's puzzle piece based, not a draggable override. Therefore it behaves differently. Most likely this bug (or actually a non-bug, since it's a misuse of that particular piece) will probably not be solved in the future due to a) a complete Maxis Highway overhaul and b) the NAM Team doesn't make any prefab interchanges anymore due to their complexity, inflexibility (as this example proves again), effort and time-consuming to make them...

Best,
Maarten
Lurk mode: ACTIVE