• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Province of Clontarf - Update 10 - Elsmere

Started by tooheys, June 01, 2007, 08:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheTeaCat

Stunning work with the terraforming and all and then to see the final result &apls

impressive &apls &apls - I like the fact the residential area is "unusually green"  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Lots of detail to catch the eye - very nice

:satisfied:
TTC
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Sciurus

L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

tooheys

Replies

caspervg: The bridge was just another one of those things, lucky I made the canal just wide enough. But it has certainly got
me thinking about span widths going fwd, although a little late for a few bridges downstream where it widens a bit. Thanks for the
comments.

threestooges: Well the cabin's yours and I'll throw in a few horses and supplies as well :) Further to my reply above, that
bridge is one of those things that bring a smile to your face, when you see the end result and wonder how the hell did I do that first
go. Of course then you start thinking about how you can make it better (and in most cases make it worse)  ;) Thanks Matt.

Simpson: Appreciate the great comments Simpson, thanks.

south park: You too, south park, thankyou.

bat: Hi bat, thanks for dropping by, and I believe I owe you a vist, I'm way overdue.

art128: Thanks, most appreciated.

papab2000: Thanks for the comment.

Pat: Hey mate, no more takes I hope  %confuso . But I am backing up regularily just in case.

vester: Thank's vester, I enjoy taking new lots and seeing what you can do with them, hopefully a good job.

Jmouse: Awh shucks  &blush Dash, panache and tooheys, not words I'd expect to see in the same sentence  :D
Thanks Joan, and hope you enjoy the pic's below.

paroch: Thanks Paul, I'm lucky the rocks fit with the ground mod so well. Never planned that way, just one of those things.

grover_: hehe, I only use the Aussie place names 'cause I'm too lazy to make up my own. Believe me, they bear little resemblance
to the real things. By the way, I did two years up there myself, years 8 & 9 at Kadina High way back in 79/80.

threeswept: Thankyou, glad you enjoyed.

TheTeaCat: Hi Derry, yeah, don't think I could survive without my trees. Even my ID areas have one or two  ::)

sciurus54: Thanks for the comment.

Cattai

Hi all, thanks for the great comments. This is not an update as such but some random shots from around Cattai. It's a huge quad and
development quite diverse, so I'm not quite ready for a full update.

Anyway, hope you enjoy this glimpse of things to come:

Well, first, where we started, here is an overview of the lake

A bit further downstream, just may be some highrise

It is Balnavia, so another park or two

Some residential highrise

And maybe a port or two.

Now, if you look back thru my MD you may notice that the colour of the water has darkened a lot. There seems to be a problem
with my watermod which may be conflicting with something. I'm working on it though.

So, still a lot of work to do in Cattai and I'll post the next update as soon as possible.

Cheers

Dave

threestooges

You'll have to swing by the cabin for a bit while the supplies last (I'll save some for you), in the meantime very nice work with this update. The lake is one of the best plopped/tile lakes I have seen, and perhaps one of the best overall. The surroundings fit so well too. Great transition to the game water and the port pics are perfect, particularly the first one. Somehow that vaguely reminds me of some of the ports around here (though the second is probably more representative). As for the water chaging on you, check the ordering of the water mod versus the other terrain mods you have installed (move it to first in the list, or last to see if anything changes). Great work again Dave.

Nardo69

Hi Dave!

It has been a while but as you can see I am still alive (even though I cannot play SC4 at the moment) ....

And I must confess you still can do it. That lake is a great example for an artificial lake or lake coast. Everything's just flowing!  &apls

Take care (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

Jmouse

The lake is attracting a lot of attention, and well-deserved it is. You don't create something like that during your lunch hour! The green space ashore is just beautiful, too - a bit more rustic than what I'm used to seeing in Balnavia, but it fits the scene so perfectly I wouldn't change a single rock or tree.

Love the way you've dealt with the curves in the second photo - I really like those stairs, too - and the third pic is just as attractive in its own way. As for the fourth photo, the water transition looks great, and I'm sure the nearby residents enjoy the sights and sounds around there! ;D

Then there are the shipyards. There's too much detail to take in all at one time - or two or 10 for that matter. Guess the thing that stands out the most to me is photo five. Every inch is classic tooheys from the sunken highway to the roundabout, to the breakwater to ... everything!

It's so good to see you and Balnavia back on track again. Do you remember those first farms you built? ::)

Later...
Joan

art128

that's a beautiful update Dave ,  The park on the first picture look good . 
Great work on the port too my friend  :thumbsup: The picture three is splendid  &apls &apls And the "downtown" is nicely done my friend ! Great work in all the way  :thumbsup: the lake is really great, fantastic work my friend  &apls
looking forward to the next update !
Arthur
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

sim-al2

Great update!  :thumbsup: The cabins and the trees around the lake are excellent, and I'm sure the parks in downtown would be great to walk through. Very peaceful and calming pictures. :)
I think your water problem stems from a mod included with the JRP canals. There might be a file called "JRP Water Mod Beta"(?) in the directory where it was installed.
(\_/)
(o.O)
(")_(")

paroch

Great update (as usual) Dave.

Your use of the new JPN Walls/River set is really top notch - you have that set well and truly sorted!

I also really like those ports.  I'm assuming they must be some of the BSC Ports.

I think the thing I like about Balnavia is that whenever I'm here, I know I'm here....... I guess I mean that you have a style all of your own, one that sets Balnavia apart from all other MDs - and that's no mean feat - well done.

I look forward (as usual) to more.

Paul

Simpson

Hi Dave,
Your new update is just fantastic as well. Your city is really superb and so réalistic, I love your canal  &apls :o
Your seaport is looking very good too. I'm looking forward to the next update
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

bat

Beautiful pictures there of your work on that fantastic looking city!!!
Great work!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

threeswept

One could almost step into the pics and start living in this city! Great!

Pat

Dave that is a massive lake there wow!!!  :thumbsup:  I will be looking forward to the next update for sure!!!

Don't forget the SC4D Podcast is back and live on Saturdays @ 12 noon CST!! -- The Podcast soon to Return Here Linkie

TheTeaCat

Fabulous pics  &apls

You say your water has darkened a bit - I like it. (it looks to me as though maybe you have one of Dogfights water mods in there,
that could be the source of your problem :))

I just love the pic of the 'scrapers and river  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Quote from: paroch on November 11, 2008, 12:34:19 PM
I think the thing I like about Balnavia is that whenever I'm here, I know I'm here....... I guess I mean that you have a style all of your own, one that sets Balnavia apart from all other MDs - and that's no mean feat - well done.
Paul

Paul hit the nail on the head here. I completely agree :D :D

till the next time
regards
Derry
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"

tooheys

Replies

threestooges:
QuoteYou'll have to swing by the cabin for a bit while the supplies last
Don't worry,
I have my own mule train  ;)
Thanks for those great comments, much appreciated.

Nardo69: Bernhard my friend, always great to see you dropping by. Missing your SC4 work, but have seen your
RL creations. Beautiful family Bernhard  :)

Jmouse: Joan, you are certainly right about one thing, it did take some time to do that lake pic. The lake itself
wasn't too bad, but the surrounds, well I was glad to work on the port as a distraction, no trees  ;) Thanks for the
support as always, and I do remember those first farms, that was sometime ago. Can't believe this is still going  :)

art128: Thanks Arthur, hopefully I'll give you a better look at each of those areas in the next few weeks, well
starting now with a few (maybe a dozen shots  ::) ) of one of the port areas. Hope you enjoy.

sim-al2 : Thanks for the advice re the JRP Water Mod Beta. I'll check that out. Thanks for dropping by.

paroch: I never know where I am  ::) Well what do you expect  ;D Paul, I do know what you mean
and thanks for the compliment. As for the port lots, you were way out there, they are PEGs  ;)

Simpson: Thanks David, hope you like the port pics.

bat: Thanks bat

threeswept:
QuoteOne could almost step into the pics and start living in this city! Great!
Rent is quite reasonable too  ;D Thanks threeswept.

Pat: Hi Pat, I was going to make it bigger, but I could see myself with a case of RSI plopping all those
trees and boulders  :D

TheTeaCat: Thank's Derry, glad you liked the 'scrapers pic. The bulldozer worked overtime there, believe me.
We'll be back there in a few updates.

Cattai

So this update flows on from the last pic in the previous update. The second of the port areas.

The port lots are all PEG's, particularily like the pier set. Haven't included the seaport lots because of the conflict with other mods.

A bit of LE work. Let me know what you think of the railyard.

And for Joan, a train on a curve, and another one.

This was once a quite place for a church before the port and freeway came about. Now the
choir has adapted the hymns to the clickity clack of the freight trains passing by.

Well that's about 1/8th of the quad, plenty more still to come.

Cheers

Dave

Simpson

Hey Dave,
This new update is really good my friend, your seaport looks very réalistic.
The litttle village is really superb, great work  :o
I'm looking forward to the next update

David
My new city is now here
The région of Kaikoura

Teaser of Lopsas[+ How did I do it?]:Lopsas

Nardo69

Hi Dave!

Well, about my PC, I got halfway (=veeeeeery slowly) working with the old harddisk - I use it as a backup harddisk (sic!) just in case but the XP was always rather slow on it (installed over an old malworking Win2K Installation) and became even slower after a failed SP3 installation. So no playing around in Urland but LE and Reader are working. ;) Hopefully I can install Windows the next days.

Nice harbour.  Way better than mines, I guess I lived most of my life too far away from the sea for a nice harbour. You have a nice mixture of warehouses and factories there, together with the typical "tooheys" - layout. Just one thing: In the 8th picture there is a small free patch patch - such patches are predestinated IMHO for some light commercials - harbour workers need to eat, you know ;) and some light commercial in industrial areas add to the overall layout.

Take care my friend (and don't forget to make backups!)

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

bat

Your port area is looking really beautiful! Great work on that!
And wonderful pictures of the port and the area around it... :thumbsup:

art128

Great work Dave on that port !! It's really realistic  :thumbsup: You put a lot of very fine details here my friend  :thumbsup:
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

TheTeaCat

Wonderful Update Dave.

Really good looking Port  :thumbsup: The great pics certainly help :D

As for letting you know about the rail yard, after having a close look
I noticed something that was bugging me  ::) An Office/Control Building.
there isn't one  $%Grinno$%
Must be lots of paperwork/manifest to be done etc and rail access to and from the yard
must be controlled too. You got some space adjoining the yard you could use ;)

oh yes one other thing ::) How do they get the containers on and off the trains?
You need a crane type thingy ;D

You need Tage's TPFTPT mod :D :D (I think that's how you spell it  ::) )

This was another great update  mate &apls &apls

Derry