• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

The FrankU and Nexis CO-OP

Started by mrbisonm, December 14, 2011, 06:08:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrbisonm

Keep in mind that I am still full time on this, even if you don't hear from me so often.......................

Just to mention that I am certain now to finish all (ALL) the files for the MFP1 sets, including the silos, sheds (big file), machinery and other, before christmas.

I have now decided all of the silos that I will keep for the set, then all the sheds are ready, some are still need to be rendered/pretested (working on this every evening) the machinery is ready too, they will not be all there, but there's already a lot of other machinery already available and my set will not be the smallest one, I promiss. But there will come a time for the add-on later.
And....the "stuff" in the "Other" set, is about to be ready too. Some need new textures and others to be scaled, a matter of 2 days max.

I have been, in the last weeks, organizing my MFP1 files, finishing the texs and details on models, scaling and selecting the right ones to include in all those sets to come, busy with rendering and pre-testing hundreds of files.

Frank, you will get a lot of little boxes to open before Christmas.....lol. I suppose you will be busy making lots, while I will take pics and list them all here. Maximum of two weeks to go and you'll get it all. Am I glad I stumbled back on this project now. ;)

Fred

PS: There will be a big North-American (Canada/US) style Dairyfarm available to download later as a pregift of the MFP1 sets , included in the SFBT Advent Calendar 2016 Event found here: http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=17636.20

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

Silur

It is a huge job.  :thumbsup:
I wish You luck. Thank you.

gn_leugim

:popcorn: take your time, we waiting :D  :popcorn:

mrbisonm

Yeah, big job alright.
I think I have taken enough time, now it's time to get this finished. ;)
I think the worst si tstill to come, the job to take ingame pics of each one of them and then make a complete list of contents.................Thanks.

Fred

mrbisonm

Does anyone know what the max filesize I can upload to the Sc4D File Exchange is?

Thanks

Fred

Andreas

I think I was able to upload a 20-25 MB file just fine. There might be some hard limit, but at least it's a lot more than it used to be (IIRC, it was 8-10 MB some years ago). There's still some possibility to do an FTP upload, but I think only the admins can do that for you.
Andreas

mrbisonm

Quote from: Andreas on January 18, 2017, 04:58:20 PM
I think I was able to upload a 20-25 MB file just fine. There might be some hard limit, but at least it's a lot more than it used to be (IIRC, it was 8-10 MB some years ago). There's still some possibility to do an FTP upload, but I think only the admins can do that for you.

Ok Thanks Andreas, I think I will cut my files in several pieces/parts, because only the manure set is over 500 Mb's......lol and this is the smallest I think.
Or I will probably host the MFP1 Files somewhere else. It is though a little too early though to say, because all the sets aren't ready yet. Well ready, they are, but I mean, I still have to organize all these hundreds and hundreds of files first and some are still to choose from which to keep or not.

Today I'm going away for 10 days or so, somewhat to relax. Family problems and events have kept me and my wife (Lynncanox) quite busy and occupied.
I will be back (although I will keep an eye on things here and everywhere else) with a lot of fresh courage to confront the Final of the MFP1, partially choosing the Best and the presentation.

Fred

mrbisonm

Just to let you know that I am working this week on the VERY Last siloset. Here's a preview of the big Grain Mixing Station, something like on the picture on the bottom from Farming Simulator. It will be a little different, smaller and have better textures.
There will be something like 30 to 50 silos of all kinds in this set, from groundsilos for forage to grainsilos. I don't think that I have missed a type of silo. ;)
I will finish this last model of this series before the beginning of next week. Keep you posted.

FrankU

Good work Fred,
Although I have no preview on my computer....

gn_leugim

always handy! on a side note, is there the possibility to have less silos together, like one or 2? it would make it more versatile to make lots IMO.  :thumbsup:

mrbisonm

Quote from: gn_leugim on February 02, 2017, 09:46:33 AM
always handy! on a side note, is there the possibility to have less silos together, like one or 2? it would make it more versatile to make lots IMO.  :thumbsup:

Yes, this type of silo exist also as a single independant one. What I am working on here above, is simply the last model I do for the siloset and it is supposed to be a Mixing-station as we find them near every village/town here in North-America. There will be only two Mixing stations, which also will make individual lots, either with a farm or without. All the other models of silos are single props.

Fred

@ FrankU: What do you mean by " not having a preview on your computer" ? Can't see the pictures?

FrankU

Hi Fred,

No I could not when I wrote it, but now that I come back I can see them. Maybe my connection was behaving too slow that day... It happens sometimes.
Nice stuff!

fantozzi

MrBisonm, I'm pretty shure there are many other people like me around the world, to shy to post (my english isn't the best), but beeing a huge fan and following your progress, the posts of FrankU and yours and wishing you the best.

Don't know, what's the actual state of the project, hope you're fine.

Maybe I'm late.

If you rendered the models you won't need reader.  Just Pim-X. I would recommend you make smaller folders with 10, 15 models in your plugin folder, so it's easier to work - as long lists in PIM-X are a source for errors and when starting PIM-X you can select the folders one by one.

In Pim-X on the left side you have the content types as a tree. You can close the entry 'buidings' so the entry 'props' below is open and then closing the subcategories of 'props' except of 'ordinary props'. Now by dragging the model files from the upper window over the entry 'ordinary prop' PIM-X will generate automatically a desc-file for your model.

And that's all you need to do. Now the model is ready to be used in SC4. You can open LE and place them on a lot.

I read you were talking about 500 MB of models you made for farming. Imho, without any intend to be negative, at this point one has to think about usabillity.

The bigger a plugin folder is the slower the game will be on loading, and maybe on zooming and scrolling too. 500 MB for farming is much - if I look at some of the most  common universial prop packs like Simgoobers Mega prop packf.e.  - they cover a broad spectrum of themes but stay below 20 MB in size.

So I can't recommend to make packs much bigger. It would be disappointing if people shy away from using them later because of the file size. Also on bundling the props together one could think about making some more 'universial packs' - with props they can be used very commonly on many lots and more specialized props.

I think - that's quite a task to slaughter a 500 MB cow and make some nice steaks of it.  :D

I don't want to get in between your collaboration with FrankU and cause complications but if I can assist you both in any way, please let me know.

I read you've forgot how some tools work, but that's all normal. I didn't find a new job in my old profession and all the knowledge I once had is slowly fading. Sad but normal. Human brain has a merciless cleaning algorithm on rarely requested memories but not on unwanted memories. So sometimes you have memories you wish you hadn't and sometimes you miss some you wish you had.

Also on prop families - on some props it may be clear how the props are used as a family, as alternatives appearing, but on many other families the need for them comes with a certain lotting project. But the first question would be if you have already an ID range to create prop families. Otherwise I would say - just leave this job to others.

Also - imho - there is no need to document every prop on picture. Can't remember someone did this? But again, if you want to and if I can help in some way, please let me know.

I don't know how to thank you in an appropriate way for all what you did so far.

And I agree - it's a big, big job you already did, should be a point to say: the gift-wrapping around it, I leave that to my clerks.

Fantozzi 

mrbisonm

Hi fantozzi,

First read my signature, it says all about the project and where I am at. Thanks for posting and caring about the project.

There's a health problem that I have to live through first. Just something that will need its time. It should be over by the end of May, latest in the beginning of June and then I will come back for good to finish the MFP1.

Like I said, the most difficult part of the project is done, selecting the best models is almost finished too and I also decided to publish the sets with the minimum models for now to get it out as fast as possible. All the others will be something as an Add-On.
So, I am asking (again) for some patience, while I live through what I have to.

Thanks

Fred

Simmer2

Hi Fred

Vous envoie de bons vœux pour une reprise rapide. Bonne santé pour vous.

Nick
________________________________________________________________________________

FrankU

Hi Fantozzi,

Thanks again for your offer, but indeed I think it's not a matter of needing help. We just have to wait until Fred has recovered his health. The help he needs I will provide.
Meanwhile I have been working on my lots. The set grew to about 120 lots in all stages from 1 up to 5. Or did I say that already? Getting old too....
I am testing them now in a region. I will have to relot most of them though when I get my hands on Fred's props.... An orgy of lotting is lying in front of me.  ;D

Frank

Silur

Hi, FrankU и Nexis CO-OP...
I think we all wait for Your good job. Good luck and Health ...

fantozzi

Quote from: FrankU on May 03, 2017, 02:08:40 AM
The set grew to about 120 lots in all stages from 1 up to 5. Or did I say that already? Getting old too....
I am testing them now in a region. I will have to relot most of them though when I get my hands on Fred's props.... An orgy of lotting is lying in front of me.  ;D

I started a similar project in early spring - without the knowledge you were still working on this - trying to cover all CAM stages 1-10 for CAM 2.1 (I started this for my own needs). Made more than 30 new farmfields with many new seasonal crop props and also crop related props for the lots. I already uploaded audio essentials containing  11+ new farm sounds. I don't want to create competition/rivalry as the sc4 community gets smaller. I try to make something to go alongside. So if something I'm doing is of any use for you - just let me know.

FrankU

Hi Fantozzi,
That sounds great! Show us some...
We will never be rivals, only colleagues. Let the community members decide by choosing, downloading and using our products.

Maybe we can use each other's farm fields? Mine are already available at STEX and LEX. You could use them in your farms if you like. Maybe I can use yours in mine?
Maybe we can even cooperate?

So please show us what you have made as a start!

mrbisonm

Farm fields and crop textures are always welcome. Just like Frank said, show us some pics or start a thread of your work.
And don't worry about being a competitor, I don't believe in competition and it would be impossible that you would make the same models as me. ;)

Fred