• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Saitama Prefecture - The Port of Japan

Started by kelis, December 08, 2011, 03:25:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kelis

I'm Still working on the airport, it is almost done... in the next picture you can see an airplane coming from Tokyo...

Greetings my friends and I hope you like the picture. I will try to make an update with more pictures  :thumbsup:

.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Dantes

Uzil

Keep going your great work, it is always a pleasure to watch your pictures  &apls

noahclem

Great picture  &apls  I'm excited to see the airport!

kelis

# Update [15] The Star Wars Airplane is in the Prefecture / Saitama Prefecture

################################################

• Today is a special day in the Prefecture. The Star Wars airplane has just arrived. It is the only airplane in the entire world with these conditions. The airplane belong to the Japanese company ANA airlines •

• Normally the airplane has international flights from Tokyo to another locations around the world, but today is a special day in Saitama and the airplane had one stop in Saitama

• Many people has enjoyed today the airplane. They came to the airport to take pictures and just take a look to this amazing airplane with its awesome design •

• It was a nice moment in the new airport, a good way to show to the rest of Japan and the world that, the new airport is working without stop and now Saitama has a new open door so all of you are welcome in Saitama, welcome in Japan

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

~ R - E - P - L - I - E - S ~

noahclem -
Today you can see more about the airport. I hope you like it  :)

art128 - Thanks my friend !! You're right, I'm making that zone again, now it looks better  :thumbsup:

Dantes - Thanks my friend !! You can see more picture from the airport  ;)

Uzil - Thanks my friend !

||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||

Greetings / Saludos / Groeten

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

romualdillo

OMG! That's very... (and I'm going to say it the Spanish way)... friki   :D

I love it!!!

dyoungyn

Kelis,

AMAZING work.  I love the realism. 

May I kindly ask were you got a few things.  First, where did your get the ANA Star War planes from.  Also, where did you get the ANA plan coming in for landing over water.  Finally, where did you get that AMAZING Aircraft Traffic Control Tower connected to another building with 2 sky walks from.

I spent 14 years in Japan and would love to emulate some of the Japanese features to my city.

dyoungyn

reddonquixote

Haha.. A Star Wars plane, how can that be anything other than awesome?? :D

The airport looks great, and very pretty lit up at night  :thumbsup:
Pay heed to the tales of old wives. It may well be that they alone keep in memory what it was once needful for the wise to know.

art128

Excellent wok with the custom plane. Although it isn't to my taste, it fits nicely. :)

The airport looks nice too... However I can't help but notice a few things bothering me.. Can I have a few more shots of the runway? It seems the placement of the marking is wrong and so is the placement of the instruments. (Judging by where the PAPI is)
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

kelis

Hello gus;

Thanks for the comments my friends. It is really nice share with all of you my work, I really enjoy with this game and this community.

Arthur, I've made a picture of the entire airport for you. As you can see it is not finished yet. I think the placement of the marking is good because I took inspiration from Nagoya's airport but I have problems with the instruments, I'm not sure where I should put all of them... can you help me with this?

Bigger size --> https://c2.staticflickr.com/6/5653/23064685906_254c4c541a_o.jpg

• This is the new airport located in the bay of Saitama. There is a bigger airport in the prefecture but this is the new one, located on an island and more used from flights around Japan and Asia

romualdillo -
HAHA, You know, it can be only possible in Japan, but it is real. Gracias compañero !!

dyoungyn - Thanks for your kind comment !! The ANA Star wars airplane is my own creation, maybe I can upload it in the future. You can find the original ANA airplane in the LEX and the STEX as well. Just write ANA 787 or just ANA in the searching tool, you will find a few models. The Traffic Control Tower is part of pack from Simtropolis. Search for "Bangkok control tower", you will find it on the STEX. The other building is a private model and the skywalks are from Glenni, you can find them on the STEX too, if you have problems let me know it and I will give you the links, okay? Thanks for you time and I hope to see you around here in the future updates.

reddonquixote - Thanks for your kind comment "Don Quijote" as we call it in Spanish  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

art128

The markings are good, yeah. However one thing, notice the skid marks on certain pieces (blackish line), it's generally a good idea to continue them so that you have an uniform line. They're located at the start and at the end of the runway. (where there are markings on the ground)

You might want to move that poor red plane, he's going to get hit by the landing/takeoff one!

As for the instruments, there are five of them that you need to place if you want realism. Approach lights, you have them set already. Papi (Precision Approach Path Indicator) which is located on the side of the touchdown making on each side of the runway (16/32). The ILS Glide slope (Instrument Landing System) antenna which is located 4/6 tiles away from the runway near the markings. The ILS Localiser antenna, which is located around the end of the runway (so one on each side too)(I like to place it between two row of JENX lights.) And finally the VOR DME (a VHF omnidirectional range (VOR) and distance measuring equipment (DME)) which can be placed anywhere around the airport. Don't hesitate to ask question about it. ;)

Props & Texture Catalog

dyoungyn

Kelis,

Just simply AMAZING.  One more question.  Where did you get that fence from.  I am not at all very good and cannot figure out BAT Architect.  I especially like the fact the fence is diagonal and appears to be an overlay some sort of gavel flora.  Please see the attached of what I am talking about.

dyoungyn

Themistokles

Nice-looking airport :thumbsup: ... and that logo, it looks really professional :laugh:
Come join me on a hike to St Edmea!

Latest update: 7

"In the end, our society will be defined not only by what we create, but by what we refuse to destroy." - John Sawhill

Kergelen

Quote from: romualdillo on November 16, 2015, 03:53:43 PM
OMG! That's very... (and I'm going to say it the Spanish way)... friki   :D

:D Indeed, the previous update is friki.

Nice and neat pictures as always. I like how you use the in-game orchards in a custom content environment.

Links to SC4 websites

Framly

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

kelis

Hello guys;

I want to share some pictures for the experts in airports. Following your advices Arthur I tried to put all the instruments in their correct places, are they in the correct position ? Criticisms and suggestions are welcome.

In other way, I'm making from zero some other parts of the airport. I changed the MAXIS Highway for RHW and now it looks better. I will show you picture soon...

art128 -
Thank you so much my friend !! I hope all the instruments are in their correct locations. Next week I go home and then I will send your letter. I promise you. Sorry for that my friend...

dyoungyn - Thanks for your kind comment once again. Don't worry, you can ask whatever you need. Okay those fences are from JENX'S Airports. They belong to one of his airport's packs. Just donwload his packs and then you will find the fences in the airport menu

Themistokles - Thanks !! I took the logo from Haneda airport in Tokyo and well... I've been playing a bit with photoshop  $%Grinno$%

Kergelen - I add some real pictures to the previous update, there you can see the real airplane. Gracias compañero !

Framly - Thanks Framly and welcome back  :thumbsup:

# Jonathan.
.                                                                                                                      

noahclem

Excellent work on the airport  &apls  Details seem perfect and I love the StarWars plane  ;D

art128

Seems good to me. Maybe move the PAPI a bit further toward the touchdown zone aiming points (sorry, I messed them up). (the two large white lines)

Props & Texture Catalog

kbieniu7

Great shots, kelis! Words of respect of your approach to reality, to put all the necessary infrastructure of the airport! By the way - what playing SimCity can teach someone?  ::) But isn't the runway too short? Seems to be about 1km, that's not much...  &Thk/(

Why you changed maxis' highway? I think, that with Symphony textures it looked very good on your previous update.

Thank you for visiting Kolbrów, and for being for last ten years!

feyss

Nice airport. You though about every little details  :thumbsup: