• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Two smooth railway curves next to each other?

Started by Sebbe99, November 24, 2011, 02:46:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebbe99

Hello community,

I've got an idea, maybe a request for the smooth railway curves. I've tried to place two of them next to each other and noticed, that it isn't possible (yet). Is there some kind of trick or maybe a tutorial for placing this layout? Otherwise, a double smooth railway curve would be a little request of mine.

Best regards,
Sebbe

Swordmaster

Do you mean the 90-degree curves? Then indeed, you can't put them together like you put two 45-degree curves next to each other in neighboring tiles. The mouse pointer of the 90-degree rail curve is anchored only on one end, so you have to move your mouse around to the other end and plop it from there.

If that's not what you mean I don't understand, since it is possible to put two of these next to each other.

Hope this helps
Willy

bryanwong

I think what he means is a quad-track turn piece.

Swordmaster

Well, in that case, I remember triple-rail and quadruple-rail networks being in development by the RAM team.

Sebbe99

I mean the 45-degree and the 90-degree smooth two-track-railway curves. And I would like to build these layouts:

Tarkus

I'm still not sure what exactly you mean.  Your diagram looks a lot like the existing dual-track 45-Curve and 90-Curve.  Are you meaning two STR curves side-by-side?  Or two DTR curves side-by-side?  In either case, I don't think there's a very high priority on either right now.

-Alex

Carny

I think he means two DTR curves side-by-side. And i think it wuold be nice to have them in a single piece, too. ;)

Sebbe99

Yes, Carny is right, I mean two DTR-curves side-by-side. Is it possible yet?