• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us... your bulding on slopes.

Started by Rayden, December 31, 2006, 08:16:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayden

Following a little bit of Jeronij's experiment "Slope City" and using his techinics or similar, let's see your achievements on building on slopes or mountainous areas. Here is a couple of pics from some of my CJs.

Click to enlarge

goin2chicago

nice work rayden. looks like it took a while to lay that out.

TheTeaCat

Nice job rayden very nice job

nice layout too 

:satisfied:
Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Alfred.Jones

Very nice Rayden :thumbsup: Those walls look very cool

Sim City 4 Devotion

KooriSim123

Wow Rayden those walls are amazing stuff man,as someone said in a previous post it certainly would off took a while great job  :thumbsup:
Strong,Black and deadly
My brothers keeper

sebes

Gems Rayden, Gems! This must indeed have cost you hours to lay out...  You must have great patience &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

Owen Luby

Awesome work! I love the street mod, fits perfectly!
I want SC4 back!!

Rayden

Thanks guys. Take good attention to Jeronij's work at Slope City, he will show you more or less the same shown in here. I learned with him ;) The tunnel and slope modd is very important to smooth the road steepness and avoid those ugly 45ยบ descents/way ups and try to follow the mountain surface without carving it too much.  :)

NikNik

Great work rayden. That winding road is flabbergasting!  :shocked2:

The thread is a great idea. I will dig some pics up (or make some).

Nik-Nik

Masochist

Whoa!  Lombard St., eat your heart out!  Nice work, Rayden!
(Under Construction)

keithsed

&apls

Great! 

Well Keithie, it looks like it's back to the drawing board for you!

Excellent work.

Keith

Menotyou

Great shots! I don't know if this work for the slope, because I mostly got rid of them, but here they are...

Rayden

bat

spacez52

Okay, this was my first real shot at terraforming with a purpose after looking over Jeronji's tutorials. I designed this hill/mountain with the idea that the default Maxis Mayor's mansion would go on top and then there would be a nice winding road down it. I like the way it turned out. I don't plan to continue with this city since I have terraformed the rest to bits and so I won't be posting any more pictures.

bat

Mulefisk

Here are a few shots from a little experiment I'm working on.
It's a big city full of high-rises set in a very steep hill.
The city is called Astjika, and is located in Croatia in Eastern Europe.

The idea is that the city was booming in the 1960's, attracting business and many rich jet-set tourists.
After the tourists stopped coming, the city was largely forgotten about, and fell somewhat into despair.
Today, tourists still come, but these are mainly poor people who don't have the money to travel elsewhere.

Here's one shot.

Heres the same shot from a different angle. It's also inversed.
You can see just how steep the hill is.

If you want, I can post an overview.

jeronij

Hello "Slopers" !!!

Fantastic pics you are posting here  :thumbsup:

Sometimes we forget that this game has somehow a 3rd dimension...slopes are great to increase this sensation  ;D

Hint:  If you dont get the desired slope with the network you want to use in a place, try using another transit network to make the slope, delete it and place your wanted network. I usually use the railroad tool when I want really smooth slopes, and then I redraw the network using the road or street tool. Just in case you didn't already know  ;)

Keep the pics coming !!! If there is some slope fanatic can join the Slope City project  :D
I am currently not active - Please, contact Tarkus for any site related matter. Thanks for enjoying SC4D :D

Autism Awareness;  A Father Shares
Mallorca My Mayor Diary

Gradonacelnik

Quote from: Mulefisk on January 31, 2007, 10:04:36 AM
It's a big city full of high-rises set in a very steep hill.
The city is called Astjika, and is located in Croatia...

You got the steepness right for Croatia, but I assume that as the city moves to the present every single open space next to the streets will be filled with parked cars.

I miss the wide open streets of the old days when only a few folks had cars in Croatia. Thanks for the flashback.