• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

noahclem

Beautiful pictures  &apls  And I agree namspopof and maarten do excellent work! One of these days I'd like to use more of those namspopof houses.

sim_link

Fantastic work on those suburbs - they look awesome. ;D

Delecto

Swordmaster

Great work Kergelen! I think you've been largely successful so drop the "trying" ;)

Looks like we need to make something else for you, though.

Cheers
Willy

vortext

The bike lanes in the first shot are great. Looks like a very nice place to live!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Kergelen

Quote from: Swordmaster on February 15, 2013, 07:20:42 AM
Looks like we need to make something else for you, though.

Cheers
Willy

How did you know? ;D wow, many thanks!
It will be included in NAM 31?

From a week ago my internet connection do not work and can not be active but I see your post and have to comment. :)
Thanks all for the comments. Replies and next update when I recover internet connection :bomb: ;)

Links to SC4 websites

Ol.S / Benoit

Really nice pictures, I love the first one with the bike path. :)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

Badsim

Hi Kergelen , ;)

You're for sure one of those I'm not commenting enough ... at least  have I to give credit  to your work , my latest update having been most of all inspired by these pictures from you :

It looks almost exactely like where I live ...  :o

&apls &apls &apls

To reply here to your PM , things can always be improved , indeed , and I've got good news for you ( and all ) ;seasonal poppies , Narcissus , vines and some other surprises from Girafe and R6 are gonna be uploaded soon ... and a few other things in private from me : check your Mailbox in the coming days . ;)

Cédric.

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Kergelen

clemente: Hi! Indeed the city (and region) is growing. Hope to see more lotting from you. Gracias :thumbsup:
RickD: Many thanks. Nice trees + nice houses = great combination :)
Girafe: Glad you like it. :thumbsup:
Noah: Thanks (again) :)
Delecto: Thanks. I'm waiting for your nice and long BAT to use in my medium density zones. I imaging it with parks, parking and trees arround. Take your time ;)
Sim_link: Currenly I'm on suburb mood ;D
swordmaster: Thanks for the curve! I still don't download the new NAM ( RL leave me few hour the last days, and like the important things in the life, NAM need time) so I don't know if it's included. It'll be a surprise ::)
Benoit: Many thanks :thumbsup:
Badsim: The pictures are inspired by olive fields in diferent places like "Cadaqués" and "Banyuls sur Mer", so relatively close to your town.
Great news: poppies and more mediterranean stuff %BUd%  Looking forward to you surprise... Thanks :thumbsup:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 25

Today more suburbs and some other things. These suburbs are located in a a city tile close to the center of Merkine. There are a highway and a rail line to connect the area with the city center and with a industrial area. The suburbs are built on a site where they were olive fields and in the city limits we can see that fields. Also we see some old farms integrated in the suburbs.

I plan to use extensively the olive fields in futures towns and villages, and for this reason I create a small set of growable olive farms like the ones I MMPed some months ago ( Badsim post). To achieve the same landscape with growable fields that with MMP fields, at first I deleted the base texture with the reader, but doing this wasn't a good solution because we see the texture of the yellow farming zone. The satisfactory solution is to put a transparent texture ( Shadow assasin texture, that Badsim always is talking about) so the texture of the fields is the Terrain texture, and I have diferent textures depending on the Terrain and height.  ()stsfd()  I also reduce the "Occupant Size" of the props to 1,1,1 in order to be free to MMP the field depending of the situation. And finally, following FrankU's work, I made Ploppable fields to put where there is no funcional road/street ( mountains,...). To make the growable fields realistic there isn't Farmhouse building (usually in RL not every field have a building). I only plop one Farmhouse near the fields. And finally, following FrankU's work, I made Ploppable fields to put where there is no funcional road/street ( mountains,...)

In the future I plan to make vines, apple, and maybe more kind of transparent fields. That's all, I think.

Now the pictures :)

I like this restaurant ina converted farmhouse, where people can enjoy contempalting the river surroundings and eating tasty meals.

25.4 Very nice SFBT indoor pool.

25.9 I love FAR!

I've also been testing xannepan weather mod. Is exiting the storms and lightning in october!

In the Mediterranean  sometimes ( about 1 time every 2 years) also snow near the coast.

Hope you like it!

Links to SC4 websites

sunv123

Those few shots looked very nice! I loved the Mediterranean styled suburbs. :)

And that overshot of the whole town looked pretty cool! :thumbsup:
Provo, a city apart Updated July 4.

rooker1

Breath taking city and great effect shoots there at the end.
I really like the complexity of the transit layouts, it's very interesting.

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

Swordmaster

Those last few shots are some of the best I've ever seen. The rest of them are "just" awesome  $%Grinno$%   Fantastic mix and transitions urban to rural and back.

Check PM ;)

Cheers
Willy

MTT9

You can call me Matt

benedict

Amazing stuff. I really like the orange & grey train flying over the freeway.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

vortext

Very pleasant scenery and it looks realistic as well! No small feat, well done!  &apls

time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

noahclem

Beautiful update  &apls  It's a distinctly different style than I'm used to from you but just as excellent. Exciting modding/lotting too, btw  :thumbsup: