• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dantes

The church district is genious !  &apls &apls &apls I love the Idea with tram & bike ways at the beach  :thumbsup:

rooker1

The lighthouse, church and the entire city, all very well put together.
Awesome update!

Robin
Call me Robin, please.

benedict

The church is gorgeous - I really like how it looks different from each angle. I also love seeing your modern tram running through the neighborhoods. Brilliant update, and good to see you back.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

kelis

Stunning update again my friend, I love how the Madrid Tower fits perfectly in your region, great job with it !! Another great detail is that church located in that hill, though my favorite detail is the bike path, great job my friend, really great job !!

Saludos amigo  ;)
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

Kergelen

art128, Sciurus, Girafe, Mr. Lin, nvbc, noah, rooker, benedict: Thanks for commenting. Glad you like it  :thumbsup:

nedalezz: Thanks. I tried to recreate the Mediterranean feeling, and after about a year looking for buildings, trees and lotting I am quite satisfied. :)

Dantes: Thanks. I like to have public and non-polluting transport in my cities. Althought I love to see cars too. ;D

Kelis: Thanks. Yes, Madrid tower fits good here, and I think some Madrid and Gonzalo buildings will build in the city. :)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Today I come with more urban pictures. In this place of the city I wanted to recreate the boulevard, one of the most pleasant and characteristics sites of many Mediterranean cities (and European also). Most of the buildings are growable and only diagonal and some corner buildings are ploppable. I made quite growables Lots with the Iberiada set and for this reason I spend a lot of time doing this city. But now I have an almost complet set of R$,R$$,R$$$ and the city will fastly grow. Of course everything will not be iberiada set. ;D  In the future, if I get permission form the autor of the buildings I will upload this set ;)

I'm not entirely satisfied with the nocturnal images, because I thing there are too dark. I use NightFox Dark night mod, and in game looks good, but then I'm not convinced with the pictures. Someone could give me some advice to improve them? Do you use another night mod? ()what()

Children also need their space

Night is begining

Some cars have turned on the lights and other not.

Hope you like it! ;)

Links to SC4 websites

RickD

Great work.  :thumbsup: The night pictures are looking good here. I don't see a problem.
My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

noahclem

Awesome update  &apls  I really like the way you put your towns together and your lotting has paid off.

I use the same darknight mod as you and I agree that it can sometimes be a little too dark (night is supposed to be dark i guess). Of course it depends on what BATs you are using and how bright their creators made the lights. One thing that really helps (I just love it) is that mod that makes street lights brighter, the USL. I can't remember what that stands for but I know it's on the STEX somewhere.

Keep it up  :thumbsup:

art128

Quote from: noahclem on September 19, 2012, 04:13:31 AM...the USL. I can't remember what that stands for...

Uniform Street Lights  $%Grinno$% $%Grinno$%

Very nice update, Kergelen!

Your city seems like a good place to live in.  The night pictures are good, I like them.

What is that diagonal to orthogonal corner building, on the top right hand corner of the picture 20.11 ?
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

Schulmanator

See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

Dantes

A big *woahw* to this w2w working   :o It's look famous mediteran, I want to make holiday in this city  >:( The details are great too  :thumbsup:

vortext

There isn't any excuse why I haven't commented here before so please accept my humble apologies for lurking  &ops  :D

Seriously though I've been following you MD for quite a while and it's getting more impressive with every update. The way you manage to incorpate slopes into your cities is admirable and your attention to detail is outstanding! It's also nice to see the Iberia set put to good use and because of that I was wondering if you're familiar with this set from Ermoebel which imho would fit right in. 

As for the nightshots, they look pretty decent on my monitor - not too dark nor bright - but you could always do some post processing for the heck of it.

In any case, keep up the good work and I'm looking forward to what else you've in store for us!  :thumbsup:
time flies like a bird
fruit flies like a banana

Swordmaster

I need to start watching this more closely. Very good indeed.

Cheers
Willy

MTT9

Really like those w2w's, that last pic with the tram and the plaza is great. Keep it up :)
You can call me Matt

Kergelen

RickD: Thanks. Together convinced me that the night picture are quite good. :)

Noah: Yes, you're right. The different BATs also influence the lights. Some BATs simply don't have lights. I'm using the USL too :). Thanks for the recomendations :thumbsup:

art128: Is this building by prepo. Very useful, and I think will fit in your Japanesse region also. ;) Thanks.

Shulmanator: Thanks :)

Dantes: Thanks. You are invited to come to my region anytime. :D

vortex: Many thanks and glad you follow my MD! Well, I'm lurker of your modding threat too. Sometimes I commented but most I lurked.
I often could say that is very interesting and useful what are you doing ( especially the tree controller;  I like MMP but it's hard MMPing all the map /wrrd%&) but just lurk  :thumbsup:. I see those building in some MDs and will be very useful for me because w2w corner growable are very few. Thanks for the link :)

Swordmaster. Thanks. Hope you return and you like the next updates  :thumbsup:

emmotic: Many thanks to stop here. :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update 20!!!

This update is a return to natural pictures. I shown some of those places some time ago but I always leave things I want to show in more detail and that I have improved. Today I have more time so I want to thanks some of the creators of the content I use in this pictures. Basically because these content is essential or very useful for this rural mediterranean landscape. Girafe for the Parasol Pines, OlS/Benoit for the Farm Lots and FrankU for his 1x1 ploppable seasonal fields (magnificent bacause the farms have a small and varied orchard). And of course c.p. for the olives!

Hope you like it!! :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

jmyers2043

Quote from: Kergelen on September 29, 2012, 03:39:12 AM
Hope you like it!! :thumbsup:

I do. I hope that the scenes were as enjoyable for you to make as it is for me to look at and appreciate. There is attention to small details everywhere I look. Such as the inner court of the first picture with the dirt tracts and shore pine tree. I especially like the olive orchards and the stone walls.  :thumbsup:

- Jim

Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Girafe

The Floraler

This is the end, hold your breath and count to ten, feel the earth move, and then...

*   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *   *    *   *   *   *   *    * 

benedict

I love the contrast between the last two updates. The city looks great, reminds me a bit of Madrid (except the in-avenue trams - a fantastic addition). And I like the fact that the olive groves/vineyards are built on hilly ground - gives it an authentic look.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

noahclem

Beautiful work  &apls &apls  Really a perfect combination of lots, bats, mmps, water and everything. It looks great in all zooms and from all angles  :thumbsup: I think I want to live in that house on the top!

Schulmanator

Delightful. Just terrific pictures!

8 thumbs up says Henry the Octopus!

:thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

rooker1

Call me Robin, please.