• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Eloaria (23 April 2016- City near the river)

Started by Kergelen, October 07, 2011, 02:37:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

benedict

I love the contrast of the old buildings with the modern tram. Wonderful stuff.
Click on the banner to celebrate!

Kergelen

Kelis, Art128, nbvc, clemen, bat, Terring, rambuckel, chester: Many thanks :)

Framly: People from Merkine have strong legs to live in the old-town.  ;D

RickD: I thought the same when I take the night pictures :)

Benedict:Thanks and great work with the BTT+10. :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------

Today another mosaic where we see more parts of the old-town and the area around. I begin to work on the beach area and I'm enjoying a lot the MMPing after some months of Loting. :)

I want to explain some things about the bottom of the mosaic (from the cliffs to the beach). First part the accesses to the beach. As this area is a natural area next to the city but has retained the characteristics of Mediterranean forest because there were no buildings have been built, there are some footbridge and bikes paths bordered with stones to acces to the beach. It is forbidden to leave the paths defined and only people can walk without any problems in the area of beach sand. This is a way to preserve natural values ​​in an area frequented by locals and tourists.

And secondly on the left is a small stream. The Mediterranean climate is a highly seasonal climate where some day can rain a lot and then being many days / weeks / months with no rain at all. The combination of climate with mountainous terrain creates small streams that are mostly dry but in certain areas can accumulate stagnant water for several weeks. This is what I wanted to recreate in this stream. We have some more great examples in a larger scale in MD's as "Corsica" and "Med inspirations".

Hope you like it! :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

art128

Oh Wow!~ This is seriously awesome! I've never seen such a great landscape around a hill town.

The town itself is fantastic, great work with the terraces, tramway, lotting and retaining walls.

But the part I've liked the most was the bottom half of the mosaic. Seriously, that belvedere overlooking the beach and the park around it is just... Waow, I have no words.

-Arthur  &apls
I'll take a quiet life... A handshake of carbon monoxide.

Props & Texture Catalog

noahclem

Awesome work again on this beautiful city  &apls &apls I'm such a fan of your trams and slopes! I bet it's nice to be MMPing instead of Lotting  ;D  I love one and hate the other but both are necessary for a great city  :thumbsup:

Framly

Master of slope! ;)

Awesome mosaic! You juggle with the height difference &apls

Great details as well ;)

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

chester

the beach, the path at the bottom of the pic, and the details under water. all just perfect.  &apls

Sciurus

It's wonderful! I want to go to holidays there! ;D

Guillaume :thumbsup:
L'atelier d'architecture
* * * * * Longwy * * * * *

Ol.S / Benoit

Great mosaic !
You also have nice MMP skills ! (And not only with the LE...) :)

One thing, you should change your beach mod to avoid that kine of transition with the water. (I've already seen that with the pyrenean beach mod, you should try one from marsh.)
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture

bat

Beautiful view of that town!!! Great work on that mosaic.

ladybug

Kergelen

Framly, chester, Sciurus, bat, ladybug: Many thanks for the comments. Much appreciated :thumbsup:

art128: Thanks for your complete comment.Really apreciated

Noah: Me too. I prefer MMPing insteed of Lotting. I try to Lotting only about 30-40 minutes because then I became tired and put my mind on what I'll do with the Lots.

Benoit:Thanks for the mod :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Not too much time for write. It's late and I'm going to sleep $%Grinno$%

Just some random pictures from diferent places of the city.

15.1 From the castle

15.4 Transition from old-town to modern town.

15.5 The seafront walkway

Hope you like it :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

RickD

My name is Raphael.
Visit my MD: Empire Bay (My old MD: Santa Barbara County)

supremec

Click on the banner to see my BATs

kelis

Beautiful work here my friend !! I love that coast, Looks very mediterranean  &apls &apls
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

noahclem

Beautiful work again  &apls &apls

I love the variety of the pictures and the coastline, hilly areas, and transition from old to new city were all great!

How'd you get that kayaker to float on game water though?  ()what()

Kergelen

Today the last OSITM update. I really enjoy this OSITM and hope you enjoyed too. :)
It's a special update because I made a short tutorial about how to make floating the kayacs/boat in the water game, answering Noah's question.

But first replies:

RickD, , A.Gates: Many thanks! :)
supremec: Thanks and welcome :)
Kelis: Thanks my friend!
Noah: I made a tutorial . It's quite easy. I think you know most of the steps of the tutorial but I made it for other people too:thumbsup:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tutorial: How to float kayacs in water game

Well, in SC4D we have this, so I'll resum it and show my way with other tools.

1- Make a landmark eyecandy, with the kayak/boat/something else model with the SC4PIMX. Is easily done by dragging the model to the section of building-landmark eyecandy.

2- Make a lot with the "building" you've created.

3- Open the Lot with LE and and set the parameters (Lot Max, Lot min and threshold) as in the picture. The lot have to had "Base texture" to save (not as my picture). Then you can delete it.

4- Add the water.

5- Now we have the lot and we will delete the "Base texture". Open the Lot with the Ilive Reader093 and delate the base texture. In the property LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData, delete the 0x00000002 rep, wich correspods to Base Texture.There are as many LotConfigPropertyLotObjectData as base texture have your Lot. In the tutorial that I mentioned before there is a more detailed explanation.

6- Finally set the energy consumption to 0 with the LEProp or with Reader.

Hope this help :thumbsup:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

And finally the pictures of the last OSITM update.

A panoramic of the beach walkway

And pictures of the modern town

In Merkine there are important buildings by Gaudi.

And some skyscrapers

Hope you like and have a good night/day everyone :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

Framly

It was a great month in Eloaria &apls

Well done my friend ;)

The latest pics looks amazing as always ()stsfd()

-klick-1st Anniversary Video-klick-
Part of SFBT and RFR Team

nbvc

Great updates. I like the beach with the small ways with stone bordering. &apls