• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Mike's Showcase!

Started by Mikeaut1, May 28, 2007, 04:28:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeaut1

Hi!

I'd like to start a mayor journal here. I am currently doing one on Simtropolis, and it will be more detailed than the one that appears here. Click here to access the Simtropolis one!!

Here is the region of Longmeadow!

The Narivo Metropolitan area will rest on this peninsula.

Here is the city of Narivo!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/Mikeaut1/Labelled.swf
(Click the labels off/labels on button to show the labelled neighborhoods in Narivo).

More pictures:

A traffic cam!

The metropolitan area so far! Narivo County is completed!

http://i101.photobucket.com/albums/m48/Mikeaut1/thingie.swf
(Click the labels off/on button).

Thanks!  ;D

callagrafx

great work, be safe

:D :D :D :D sorry, couldn't resist that one...A nice presentation and a good use of Flash.
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

Tarkus

That . . . traffic cam . . . it's hypnotic.   :thumbsup:  Being a major roadgeek, that's just plain awesome.  And being an animated .gif, it didn't take too long to load either--had to have been a lot of frames.  Very, very nice.  I also really liked the parking lot you have there by the stadiums--quite realistic.  Look forward to seeing more.

-Alex (Tarkus)

Travis

Wow, very realistic work you have there. Great job with the parking by the stadium, such a thing is often left out. That traffic cam is awesome too!

Mikeaut1

callagrafx - Haha, thanks!

Tarkus - Wow, thanks a lot for the comment! I'm glad you like the traffic cam! ;D I think its only about 50 frames.

Travis - Thanks, I'm glad you like the cam and the stadium area!

Here's some more!

bat

Great (animated) pictures! Also wonderful work! :thumbsup:

Mikeaut1

Here are some pictures of the suburbs of Narivo - Plainview!

callagrafx

Nice update Mike, but where are all the planes?  Also, what software are you using to capture the animation? 
The trouble with having an open mind, of course, is that people will insist on coming along and trying to put things in it

dedgren

Heh!  It's easy to see your "commute" shot as the bottom of a hamster wheel- that's what mine feels like anyway.

A nice start, Mike.  Thanks for sharing your work with us- I'm sure there's good things to come.

Good Luck!

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

thundercrack83

Hello, Mike! A great start to your showcase here. I love your residential areas and parks, and the "traffic cam" shots are brilliant! I'll be following along here as you go! Keep up the great work!

bat

Fantastic pictures, Mike! Great animations. :thumbsup: One question: Where do you made these animations?

rooker1

I love the animations, Great update.  Love the region view and your city sprawl is fantastic.

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

cityhawk

The overview is awesome---a good mix of diagonal and straight grid, and lots and lots of trees! I love the traffic cams (especially the second one)! The only thing I don't like so much is the repetition of the Maxis skyscrapers, but that's very hard to avoid, so keep this up!!
God is awesome!

Mikeaut1

callagrafx - I guess the airport was closed.  :P I'm using SC4 to capture the animations, with the recorder tool.

dedgren  - Thanks alot for your kind comment!  :) Hope to see you back here soon!

thundercrack83 - Thanks!! Glad to see you here! I'm also glad you like this showcase!

bat - Thanks!! :) I use the recorder tool in SC4, and then use Macromedia Flash MX Pro and it sequences the images that the recorder tool takes. It's quite easy, but it depends on which software you have in order to do it.

rooker1 - Thanks!! Glad you like the animations and the sprawl!  :thumbsup:

cityhawk - Great to see you around!  :) I love the trees as well, it helps in the sprawling process too. I know about the repeition too and how annoying it is!! Thanks for your comment!  ;D

Here is some pictures of Greenvale, the large town north of Narivo. The population is around 35,000. Greenvale has a big shopping center, located off the Greenvale Parkway (which is the highway that goes left to right in the wide out shot of the mall neighborhood.)

Mulefisk

Fantastic work! I love how clean and organized everything is!

bat

Great overview of this area! Also wonderful pictures! :thumbsup:

Snaper

It's vrey beautiful ... I live yout residential discrit with a excellent network  :thumbsup:

Bravo !  &apls

Mikeaut1

Thanks for the comments everyone!

tooheys

Great start  :thumbsup:, this is developing nicely and some great pic's. Don't like the traffic shots though, reminds me too much of the trip to work  :'((only kidding).

Looking good and waiting for more.

Cheers

Dave

thundercrack83

Whew! Looks like the rain is falling pretty hard there! I love the newspaper and the pictures where the camera has been "smudged" by the rain. I'm definitely enjoying your showcase here. Keep up the good work, my friend!