• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Tales at TeaTime

Started by TheTeaCat, May 22, 2007, 04:32:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mightygoose

well, actually you say that, its been a long time since i made it, it's not two years though.... it was march 2009 i think, heh i wouldnt mind a report plus the single colour version back so i can view the differences and maybe put it all together into a package, a set if you will. and that is alot of replies.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

bat

Looking forward to the development of that part of your region (which looks nice(!))! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Battlecat

Nice teaser, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this tile!

ecoba

An interesting new tile, Derry. Good to see some new work from you.

Ethan

Jmouse

Great-looking tile, Derry. I like the variety of elevations. It will be interesting to see what feature(s) turn out to be predominant - R, C, I or agriculture. Also I'm wondering if you'll cross that little ridge of hills with a road, bore under it with a tunnel or introduce a new mode of transportation like hot-air-balloon shuttles! ;)

Later...
Joan

TheTeaCat

East Middleton
Est 1858 Pop 359

Now if any one knows who the joker was who went planting those palms
can you please let me know so that I can....................

Quote from: mightygoose on January 26, 2010, 05:21:22 PM
well, actually you say that, its been a long time since i made it, it's not two years though.... it was march 2009 i

think, heh i wouldn't mind a report plus the single colour version back so i can view the differences and maybe

put it all together into a package, a set if you will. and that is a lot of replies.

Yes your right it was march 09 and have had no probs with it at all during the time I've been using it.
No problem - I'll get it back to you real soon :D And yep it was a lot of replies   :D :D

Quote from: bat on January 27, 2010, 07:58:08 AM
Looking forward to the development of that part of your region (which looks nice(!))! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thanks Bat - always good to see you

Quote from: Battlecat on January 27, 2010, 10:54:34 AM
Nice teaser, I'm looking forward to seeing more of this tile!

Hope you liked what you saw then ;)

Quote from: ecoba on January 27, 2010, 11:11:01 AM
An interesting new tile, Derry. Good to see some new work from you.

Ethan

Thanks Ethan, hope you liked this update too :D

Quote from: Jmouse on January 27, 2010, 05:48:48 PM
Great-looking tile, Derry. I like the variety of elevations. It will be interesting to see what feature(s) turn out

to be predominant - R, C, I or agriculture. Also I'm wondering if you'll cross that little ridge of hills with a road,

bore under it with a tunnel or introduce a new mode of transportation like hot-air-balloon shuttles! ;)

Later...
Joan

Thanks Joan,
In the end the good folks decided to keep the individuality from their neighbours in the town of Middleton.
So a motion has been passed ( and no it wasn't in the toilet lol) to have no road access over or under the ridge.
Who knows what the future holds though.

Hot Air Balloon Shuttles - what a brilliant idea   :D:D:D

Now a Bonus shot :D

And for something I caught one day ;)

If your the mystery Guest, why not pop in and say hello.
I'll keep the kettle boiling for your cuppa :D

Till the next time
Keep the Kettle boiling

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Battlecat

Superb as always!  I really like that little orchard tucked into the trees there in the first couple of pictures.  I'm also really enjoying how you're using the various flora brushes to achieve a nice variety of details tucked into corners here and there! 

Schulmanator

A true delight- your pictures have so many details cleverly worked in so well with one another. Next cuppa's on me!
See the all-new National Capital Region!:http://sc4devotion.com/forums/index.php?topic=15118.0

canyonjumper

Wow Derry, I can't believe the amount of details you have worked into that! Great work!

-Jordan :thumbsup:
I'm the one who jumped across the Grand Canyon... and lived.

mightygoose

truly superb work, looks like a spot straight out the english countryside.
NAM + CAM + RAM + SAM, that's how I roll....

EDGE4194

derry- beautiful images! great attention to detail and fantastic job. i'm sure you indicated earlier, but what rock mod are you using- is it one of adam's?

djvandrake

Wonderful Derry!  Loved evey one of your pics.  They're all so rich and full of detail.  Splendid work.  &apls

EDIT:  Are you planning a tea party for when you reach 50,000 views?  It's coming soon!

bat

Some nice new views of your beautiful work!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

dedgren

More incredible beauty from the master of the pastoral scene.

Derry, I'd love to have a list of the various tree types you are using.  You can leave out the palm, but the rest really work well together.

David
D. Edgren

Please call me David...

Three Rivers Region- A collaborative development of the SC4 community
The 3RR Quick Finder [linkie]

I aten't dead.  —  R.I.P. Granny Weatherwax

Yan077

Fantastic rural shots !!  The last one with the sheep is......how to say ? ... fantastic this is the word !! :o
&apls &apls

Jmouse

Derry, you continue to amaze and inspire with your expertise in all things rural. The detail work has been mentioned here time and time again, and with good reason. Every detail here compliments the other details to create a completely harmonious whole.

I think one advantage you may have
which I lack is the ability to see or sense what's missing. Right now, I'm looking at the seventh and eighth pictures - the ones with the white flowers. That scene would be dull and uninteresting without them. As it is, though, when I first scrolled through the pix for a quick onceover, those two were the first to make me pause and look for a few more moments.

Of course, before I post
I go back through the photos and study each one more carefully, but I thought this point might be of some interest to you. I'd love to learn more about your creative thought processes...maybe in chat sometime. :)

Later...
Joan

jmyers2043

The bonus shot. Is that a relot or have you added two smaller lots to continue the flow from the original 4X4 farm. I'm referring to the two small sheds at the lower right and the step ladder path to the bales of hay to the left.

A very nice picture and I like the Diggis pond too.
Jim Myers  (5th member of SC4 Devotion)

Tomas Neto

Fantastic rural area, really awesome city!!!  :thumbsup:

Nardo69

Hi Derry!

Fantastic work as always. As for the palm tress aybe you should look for that plastic palm tree factory and close it like Llewellan did in Digby?  :D

I always do admire your bushes and scrubs. I am never satisfied with mine ...

The first pic is just great. You only see the edges of the base texture at the smooth curves if you know where to look for them!

Take care my friend! Maybe MSN is going to love your one day though ....

Bernhard  :thumbsup:

kwakelaar

A lot of beautiful imagery here, some very nice combinations with different fields, farms and nature.