• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

Show us your Miscellaneous Modular Creations!

Started by Masochist, December 28, 2006, 05:25:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MIncroabl

I thought I'd post a couple of pictures of a project I did some time ago and of which I'm somewhat proud of. The reason I post them on this thread instead of the railroad picture thread (or even the railroad junction thread) is that I consider this to be more of a huge modular creation than a railroad. Besides, as a railroad enthusiast, I'm pretty sure I'll cook up quite a few pictures of my railroads for those threads at some point.

But enough blabbering, on with the pictures:

This is the Hauptbrucke classification yard, one of two big classification yards that handle the vast amount of freight transported to and from the adjancent main port of the region of Reichenburg.

Hauptbrucke CY is a hump yard, with two humps handling the East- and Westbound traffic. Here you can see some diesel switchers moving cargo cars to be sorted. In the picture is also the vehicle bridge spanning across the yard (fully functional, something I'm particularly fond of).

Locomotive and car maintenance is also provided in the yard's facilities. Hauptbrucke CY also handles the outbound cargo of local industries, so several storage and loading areas are required.

The yard is quite massive, as it spans over the city borders. I'd show pictures of the "other side", but things are not yet complete there. There will be a log yard, once I find/create some decent log car/log props.

Even though the apartments in the upper right corner of this pic are low wealth, I wouldn't mind living there just for the view...

So, that was the Hauptbrucke CY. Hope you liked what proved to be a monster of over a dozen of huge (and therefore, due to SC4 engine, utterly crime-ridden) custom lots.

TheTeaCat

A wonderful addition to this thread &apls

In fact the whole area looks great :thumbsup:

Deserves a cuppa I think ;)

:satisfied:
TTC

Kettle's on. Milk? Sugars?    ps I don't like Earl Grey  $%Grinno$%
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle - If you're not part of the solution , you're part of the problem!
"Never knock on Death's door: Ring the bell and run away! Death really hates that!"
Tales at TeaTime      Now A proper NUT      TTC plays GRV II

Andreas

Whoa! This is certainly something to be proud of.  &apls  It must have taken ages to plan and construct this massive railyard with all the adjacent facilities. I'm utterly impressed!
Andreas

rooker1

Wow......very impressive indeed!  The railyard looks fantastic and massive.  I hate to find out how long it took to make that.  But definatley worth it, let me tell you.

&apls &apls

Robin   :thumbsup:
Call me Robin, please.

Zaphod

thats some jaw dropping stuff  :thumbsup:

I wish there were better lots to build large container terminals
War Kittens !?

sebes

OMG MIncroabl , that are absolute the best railyards ever shown in my opinion. I am very impressed and almost want to start trying myself to get such an awesome area in my city!!!  &apls
Check my MD:               
Rhenen,NN

bat

A very big and beautiful looking rail yard, MIncroabl! :thumbsup:

Badsim

MIncroabl , your incredible pictures are saved in my personal "Hall of Fame" ... Not believed but lived . :o

&apls &apls &apls

°   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °   °

Khiyana

@MIncroabl:
Your Rail-layout is absolutly incredible!  &apls
It's beautiful and very realistic, good work!

onionofdeath

Wow. That is very impressive, do you have any more great RR pics?

And have you put in a nearby police station to try and reduce the crime?

j-dub

NEW for 2008! Its My Sewer Mod!  "$Deal"$ An idea forgoten by Maxis, people wanted sewers, where does the water from the hydrant drain into without it? It was possible with exemplars but for whatever reason, left out, until now.

Do you want it, do you need it? Let me hear it, ladies and gentlemen!

Heblem

thats a great addition to the streets and roads!! can you make some more variation and less contrasting, maybe with the color of the street  ;)

quackmofro

WOW. That, my friend, is a real rail yard. Super work!

Andreas

Wow, those are some huge sewers - a whole car could fit into those!  ;)
Andreas

CasperVg

A modular parking featuring my own Modular Parking Set (shameless advertising...  ::) )
Follow my SimCity 4 Let's play on YouTube

j-dub

Thanx for the feedback on the sewers guys. It has now been made smaller, and recolored.

@caspervg, is that something like SAM you got going, does it work? I noticed the front end connection to the avenue.

bat

Looks nice there, j-dub!
Great parking textures there, caspervg! Nice work! :thumbsup:

dsrwhat316

a couple of pics of some custom lots i made for my cities:

~ Dan
Custom Lotting at its Finest:

Last updated: 2/9- I'm Back! +  A Teaser (of course...)

bat

Great couple of pictures there of your city! Wonderful work, Dan!! :thumbsup:

Godzillaman

Old thread, but I wanna see how creative all you are with random things...

I made an expo...:P...obviously not done, but you get the idea...hopefully... &mmm Based off this.
"With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound he pulls the spitting high-tension wires down..."