• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

SOLVED: JRJ Breakwater - Street Missing

Started by sim_vern, May 15, 2011, 11:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sim_vern

I have installed JRJ's Breakwater set and am having an issue with the streets not showing. This is the single set 1x1 lot. I can lay down the street in the channel and it looks good while I'm laying it. When its done I find some intermittent pieces missing.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Biriali

I have the exact same issue. I have never been able to track down the missing dependency, if that is indeed what is wrong.
I, too, would appreciate it, if someone could tell what's wrong.
Nemo sobrius saltaret

FrankU

Are you perhaps using a street side mod or a Sam-street texture? Maybe that's the reason why.

sim_vern

I am and I was thinking it maybe that, too.  I will take a look at isolating that mod today.

sim_vern

Negative.  I loaded just the dependencies and it still did it.  Maybe we're using it wrong?

mrbisonm

- Did you try to lay a road over it?
- Are you using the overlap pieces?

Check these points above, just in case......
I have these also and never had any problems with them, using the Jeronij streemod and the Nam, and I can't think of anything interferring with it.

Fred

....Uploading the MFP 1.... (.........Finishing the MFP1)

sim_vern

It won't let you lay a road over it.  Which overlap pieces are you referring to ? And thank your for you help.

teddyrised

I am actually having the same problem, too. I initially thought it was a missing texture but when I checked that I had all the dependencies, I was stumped.

mrbisonm

Quote from: sim_vern on May 16, 2011, 02:33:45 PM
Which overlap pieces are you referring to ?

I will have to check that tomorrow, don't have time right now. I think that there are some overlaying (overhanging props) pieces included in that set, pieces that go under bridges etc. Maybe you plopped the wrong piece for the wrong place....??

I'll get back to you after trying my set out tomorrow and see what's wrong.

Fred

mrbisonm

Sorry, but I tried everything possible in my knowledge to create the same problem as you have. Nothing to do. Mine just work perfectly.

Try other pieces or try to plop them closer together so to fill the missing road.

Let us know.

mrb

sim_vern

Thanks Mrb.  Capt. City at ST made a good point about some possible missing files. The readme makes a note of a "common props" folder but is not part of my installation.  I will re-download it from here and see if those files are different. I originally downloaded it from here so downloading it again is moot. 

teddyrised

The download link on LEX is here - http://sc4devotion.com/csxlex/lex_filedesc.php?lotGET=112

I checked my plugins folder for missing dependencies, but I already have BSC Textures Volume 03 (supercedes BSC Jeronij Texture Pack 1) and BSC Mega Prop Pack Jeronij 03. This is really weird.

mrbisonm

hm...possible dependencies?....I don't think so...or let's say, I doubt it. It even says on the download page that these lots DO NOT have any dependencies.
If you find out what's wrong or what's missing, in either case, please mention it here fur further reference.

Fred

Rady

Have the same problem, so I'm interested if someone can figure out the problem ... seems to be user-specific ....
If it's a good idea, go ahead and do it. It's much easier to apologize than it is to get permission.

Visit my BAT thread: Slow BAT steady - Rady's first BAT attemtps

CaptCity

Quote from: mrbisonm on May 18, 2011, 04:16:45 PM
hm...possible dependencies?....I don't think so...or let's say, I doubt it. It even says on the download page that these lots DO NOT have any dependencies.
If you find out what's wrong or what's missing, in either case, please mention it here fur further reference.

At the bottom of the listing there are a couple things listed...

QuoteThis file actually needs the following Pack/s to work:

BSC TEXTURE PACK JERONIJ - VOL01

BSC MEGA PROP PACK JERONIJ - VOL03

This is also mentioned in the center of the description...

QuoteINSTALLATION
1) Unzip folder " JRJ Breakwaters" into your plugins folder. There are three folders. You can remove the "Single" or the "Modular" folder if you dont plan to use them, but dont delete the "Common Props" folder...

Following the Texture Pack link will lead to the BSC Texture 3 pack. Using all the indicated files will give the missing texture error. It looks as if when the upload was updated, the "Common Props" folder mentioned was removed. Perhaps because they were thought to have been repacked in new BSC packs. I do have a copy of the set from before the update with the "Common Prop" folder still in it, and all works well. But using the current download with all indicated dependencies gives the missing street issue.

mrbisonm

ok, now that is why I have no problems with this set, simply because I got the old version of it. Anyway to fix this with the new set?
I didn't think that there were dependencies needed for it because they worked just fine without anything in my Plugins........but I have the old set (since a few years now)

Fred

Rayden

mrbisonm

Quote from: Rayden on May 19, 2011, 11:06:31 AM
If anyone needs that folder, they can download it temporarily from this link - http://www.fileden.com/files/2011/4/21/3119650/SimCity4/JRJ_BreakWaterCommon%20Props.zip

Thanks Rayden, but these are available on this site on the LEX, aren't they the same?  It's not that the lots or models are missing, but it seems that some are missing some props or textures.
Fred

EDIT:

Stupid me, I didn't look properly......your's are the props/textures. ;) Thanks

sim_vern

Thanks Rayden.  I will give these a whirl and get back to you all.

EDIT:  That the trick! I didn't even have to do anything once I've added the folder.  Thanks so much!!!

And thanks Capt. City for identifying the problem.