• Welcome to SC4 Devotion Forum Archives.

St Andrews - 10th October 2011 - Small Heath still lives!

Started by Reikhardt, March 01, 2011, 02:46:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tomas Neto

Wow..., awesome update!!! Fantastic river and waterfall, and nice rural place!!! Amazing work!!!   &apls &apls

noahclem

Beautiful update Reikhardt! You know I like your waterfals and this is one of my favorite updates so far!  &apls

Skimbo

The Dragon Island Cities journal at SC4Devotion

For a Dragon Islands video click here

io_bg

Lovely pics, bravo :thumbsup:
Visit my MD, The region of Pirgos!
Last updated: 28 November

lak47

Reikhardt, you have a knack for creating rural scenes mate! Bravo  &apls

kwakelaar

A great set of pictures from Bordesley Falls. The falls and the surrounding area is looking wonderful, very well done. :thumbsup:

wallasey

Small Heath has its good sides!!

Fantastic set of images since my last visit! Loving the continuing Brum connection with Bordesley Falls!

You have a great skill in creating good views, especially with water and trees!!

Kergelen

Nice rural scenes and fantastic river  :thumbsup:

Links to SC4 websites

ricardomiranda

Very very nice update ! &apls &apls &apls

Reikhardt

Replies:

Tomas Neto: Thank you sir!

Noah: Thanks, I was really pleased with how this came out!

Skimbo: Cheers Skimbo!

io_bg: Many thanks!

lak47: Thanks! I find it more fun to make scenery than making the cities themselves!

kwakelaar: Cheers sir!

wallasey: Thanks mate! I picked the Birmingham names thinking that no one would notice! You rumbled me  ;)

Kergelen: Thanks you!

ricardomiranda: Glad you liked it, thanks!

Just replies this evening, sadly no progress shots to tease you with!

wallasey

Sorry mate!

But what a place to rob place names from!!! Some of them are so quaint without realising!

Reikhardt

Replies:

wallasey: Well I was looking locally! I've always thought some of the names in the West Mids are quite 'rural' sounding!

And so our first look at the town of Salwarpe,  sitting on the banks of the River Leam:

A couple of shots of the new terrain mod at work. I was more sparing than usual with MM Plops here! I particularly love the pebble like texture in the water.

And so to the town itself:

The church and town hall:

The post office:

Local shops and some housing:

The economy is largely based on a small base of industry and a few locally owned farms:

And finally a little stream I doodled for no particular reason:

Hope everyone enjoyed the small town of Salwarpe, all comments appreciated!

Next Up: A drive through the mountains.

Tomas Neto

Wow... another fantastic update!!! Amazing pics!!!  &apls

Aaron Graham

Lovely pictures and great job on the details. :thumbsup:
-Simcity4fan12/Sgt Pepper -Kryptowhite -Jumpthefence -beutelschlurf -Hanson784 -Gwail -Don Miguel -Seraf -Kelistmac -Glenni -Aaron Graham -Vlasky -PBGV103 -Darknono35 -Evillions -lucky7- Parisian- Jackreid -GuerrilaWarfare -Sim Fox -un1 -Heblem -AlexandrosB13 -Anotn -SimHoTToDDy

Rayden

Quote from: Tomas Neto on May 20, 2011, 03:17:55 AM
Wow... another fantastic update!!! Amazing pics!!!  &apls

Yes indeed, very well done. The only thing I didn't like it's that sandstone pedmall area on pic #7, empty and a bit out of the context of the rural environment around. I definitely would have done something different there. Even a couple of tables and chairs, or a small 1 tile garden or some fruit stands would fit better on a different texture than the sandstone. &idea

kelis

Well done mate, The rural ambient it's amazing, great job !
.                                                                                                                      

|| Benelux Team || Windows on the World || My Photos on Flickr || Kelis BNL Projects ||

nbvc

I like the landscapes. &apls

noahclem

Beautiful area! Great overview shot, which makes great use of the lense flare effect. I really like the way the terrain mod looks--what is it and where did you get it? I'd love to know. Out of curiousity, are Girafe's new trees likely to be making an appearance in St Andrews?

Looking forward to our upcoming visit to the mountains!

bat

Salwarpe is a really beautiful rural town!
Fantastic work on the farms, too!
Looking forward to more wonderful pictures...

Ol.S / Benoit

I love this small town, and the waterfall  :o Great work  :thumbsup:
Benoit.
MD : Click on picture